Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So look North saying Bruce will take our training today! Can you really imagine he will be doing that? 

What kind of reception will he get from the players - especially the ones he has just brought in.

will he be in the dugout on Saturday - and if so, more interestingly, what reaction will he get from the fans!

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

So Bruce actually chased Newcastle?

Gets better this. Won’t be long before the wetknobs on here give him some slack for ‘hometown club’, more money, anyone would do the same. 

Don’t forget it was his recently deceased fathers abiding wish that he managed his home town club..........

Didn’t seem to bother him when he had the opportunity to manage them when his Dad was alive and could have actually witnessed it!

Look North won’t have the first idea what’s actually going on. Pointless listening to them. 

They are your go to guys for warehouse fires in Bradford, dragging a sofa around Todmorden and various annoying Yorkshire cliches, not football.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Don’t forget it was his recently deceased fathers abiding wish that he managed his home town club..........

Didn’t seem to bother him when he had the opportunity to manage them when his Dad was alive and could have actually witnessed it!

That will be part of the spin, along with born and bred Geordie, could hear the roar from my bedroom window......etc.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

See the thing is I can’t take any tipsters on Twitter serious. I once had a guy work for me, lovely bloke but he was poo at his job because he had a huge ,gambling problem, he used to use these tipsters amongst using his own formula..... 

to cut a long story short he was the worst gambler in the world literally he could back a horse in a two horse race and come fourth. 

He decided whilst failing miserably at his job to start a tipster service on Twitter and Facebook, I had to let him go but within quick time he had over 1000 followers and the comments I was reading made me realise just how gullible people were and how dangerous gambling was. 

I actually watched his tips for the first couple of months and can’t recall him hardly getting anything right even though he was offering dozens plus per day. 

Yet still people were commenting and following his tips. 

He even had a couple of sponsors because of his following lol 

amazing really because common sense tells you anyone with half a brain, isn’t going to be giving away tips for free or for cheap subscriptions if they know how t9 make money. 

There are people paying fortunes for the real tipsters on the exchange with companies like tony blooms 

Worth a shot is there a link to his site ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

This needs sorting today. If they want him pay the sodding comp and let us move on with getting our new manager in ASAP. 

I'd imagine/hope that we are actively progressing with the new manager search even though Bruce hasn't gone yet

23 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Well if the guy with 800 followers on twitter says it, it must be true.

The guy doesn’t tweet rumours. He only ever does when Bruce is involved. He called Bruce coming to us back in November. He doesn’t tweet crap for attention. Vernon is a good bloke.

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

lol it was 6 years ago and funnily enough it only lasted about 8 months. 

In all seriousness it was horrific to watch, I tried to help but he was so deep in.  

It certainly effected his day to day actions. 

Yep addictions to anything is bad news.  My only addiction is "fairly" harmless but some of the things I have sacrificed to watch Wednesday is illogical on occasions. 

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I'd imagine/hope that we are actively progressing with the new manager search even though Bruce hasn't gone yet

I would really hope this is the case. Being so close to the season starting ideally we could do with the new manager in by the end of the weekend. 

31 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not surprised at all if he did.

It's a job he's always wanted, it's probably his last shot at it and it sounds like he's got some sort of existing relationship with Ashley.

After DC hung on for him, let him bring in an entirely new backroom team and has done his best to give him all the tools he possibly can though it's a pretty sh1tty thing to do though, without a doubt.

why didn’t he take the job on the other two occasions he’s been offered it

Darren Bent with some complimentary words

Speaking to Football Insider, he said: “He’s in a stable situation. This season I think they’ll (Wednesday) be up there challenging, they’ve got a brilliant fanbase, got some good players and they’ll be in contention for promotion. Who knows, the opportunity might come around again.

“I think he’s a good manager, I just worry for Steve Bruce that considering he’s only been at Sheffield Wednesday for not even a year.

“I think he needs to get Sheffield Wednesday up there, do what he needs to do at a special club like Sheffield Wednesday, I’ve always liked them, but Newcastle at the moment are on uneven ground.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would really hope this is the case. Being so close to the season starting ideally we could do with the new manager in by the end of the weekend. 

See, DC is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he goes to get a manager quick, the obvious ones are the unemployed, and say, Hughton doesn't want the job, we are left with mostly crap. If he tries to get a manager who is already in a job, it will take more time, and we miss  some of an important time of the season. Bruce has pretty much f*cked over DC and us here totally.

5 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I wonder how long DC has been on with this, if SB did proactively contact Newcastle, was he aware?

No clue mate, I mean it's only rumours that Steve Bruce has been in touch weeks ago.  If it is the case I doubt DC was even aware, not something Bruce would tell him because then you get into the murky depths of "tapping up" etc