Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Maybe we should go for Martin O’Niell - was in charge of Forest for one more game than Bruce was with us and had a better win percentage- would also be a big name and command respect from players - obviously he can do one if he wants to bring Kean with him 

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

178 pages and all we have to go on is 3 or 4 news snippets, someone talking cr@p on twitter and Harry Gration saying Wednesday players will be training tomorrow.

Sure this forum is turning into a self help therapy group akin to the one in Cuckoos Nest

Another day of this madness and I think I'll need shock treatment WTF::ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Chris Wilder was worried about our chances of gaining ground on them when Bruce came in, he will be laughing his piggy socks off now if he goes,  really and honestly though Newcastle might have shown some interest in him. 

Maybe they have ?

To be fair, and I'm sure it's been said before......If I was manager of ,hell, take your pick!, but realistically, and no disrespect here!, let's say Donny Rovers, and Wednesday showed a hint of interest in me, as a lifelong Owls fan I would AT LEAST listen to what they were offering...….I'd take a pay cut!, never mind a raise!, there is no honour or loyalty in the game at all these days, but the guy is a Toon fan. We all know you can't help who you support, it's in your blood.....so there's just a hint of understanding what's going on in Bruce's mind. Shame it's the our club involved at the cr@p end of it all. Also, if we can land Chris Hughton and some compo, then it's not the end of the world,

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

So inspite of our precarious league position when Luhukay left, we gave Bruce time to spend with his family and get over a series of personal problems. We waited for him knowing that he needed this time off from the game and gave him the space he asked for convinced he was the man for the job. When he was ready to come back into the game we gave him a contract worth £2m a year and allowed him to put in place his own recruitment staff, fitness staff and coaching staff at the club. We ignored the criticism of Bruce from various national media pundits such as Danny Mills and Ruud Gullit because some things are bigger than football.

I know there is no loyalty in football but just 6 months after taking the job he comes to the chairman and asks to go to Newcastle even though there doesn't appear to have been an official approach (suggesting he could have been tapped up) and after the way we treated him when he first came here? If this is true he can f**k off right now for me, Chansiri needs to squeeze Mike Ashley for as much compensation as he can, send Bruce on his way and go all out to bring Chris Hughton to the club.

If he doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here IMO.

Top post and spot on with the comments. Bruce has a history of being disloyal but I really thought,when he came, that this was the real deal for him and us. Sadly he has lived up to his treacherous reputation and as far as I can see he has burned his bridges with us. I just cannot see any way back to us now if the Newcastle post falls through because a proportion of the fan base will simply not trust him again.