Ground sale to go through shortly?

Guest Ash76

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I did mention the land registry as that is what this thread is about and it’s likely part of a solution to the problem identified at the forum. DCC disclosed we would have an issue, asked for assistance with the 1867 thing and talked about selling the club and wasn’t drawn on sacking luhukay.

Since then he’s sorted the manager, hasn’t sold up and seemingly has a plan to keep us out of a full embargo/points deduction scenario which was the worst case at the forum. He didn’t have to do any of this.

Its a separate point to the dialogue with the league which was also discussed and I believe that as the EFL talk to all the clubs on this. 

By plan you mean selling the ground?

You are right he didnt have to do that but it was his strategy that put us there. Not sure he can be patted on the back for that.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone who thinks having a fire sale would have solved FFP is a bit naive really for me 

I’ve been quite vocal about the need to sell players and it’s the chairman’s biggest downfall, but if we put our selfs in a position as a club where people know we need to sell for FFP people will wanna pay peanuts, will Reading solve there issues with the lads they’ve just put up for sale ??     Unlikely 

Quite, should have looked at it before then

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Quite, should have looked at it before then

Should have sold Forestieri way back when he cried about getting on bus for me, that’s when we would’ve got a few quid for him 

but then I suspect people like you would have had a field day firing abuse at the chairman 

19 minutes ago, billyblack said:

By plan you mean selling the ground?

You are right he didnt have to do that but it was his strategy that put us there. Not sure he can be patted on the back for that.

It did and ideally we would stay out of bother via other means but it’s correct that many clubs are now falling foul of these farcical and arbitrary rules. At least it is seemingly being rectified.

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Should have sold Forestieri way back when he cried about getting on bus for me, that’s when we would’ve got a few quid for him 

but then I suspect people like you would have had a field day firing abuse at the chairman 

Not me fella, wanted him gone. Why would i abuse for a sensible move?  Credit where its due when it happens.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Some seem to bask in the glory of been able to tell you I told you so, and then when we are having relative success come out with "Make the most of it, it will never last".  Its ingrained in them to find the negative. 

If someone backs it all up with figures and evidence then fair enough and  also offer a realistic way out of the "mess" but to sit back and whinge and moan is not bringing anything to the table. 

If they can do better then get organised and buy the man out.

Stock answer from you there crofty....

£180 million for a mid table championship club tho...

:Chansiri:

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I'm OK with the status quo.  

Didn't think you would do anything, carry on whinging then. 

There are loads of things you can do, get networking, get together with like minded fans reach out to possible buyers or investors. 

Its not whingeing though is it? It’s having a discussion, engaging with opposing views and applying some critical thinking. Seemingly, something you’re finding quite difficult to engage with at the moment trying to reduce any points made to ‘what are you going to do about it’ is very basic and petulant. 

I find it so odd on here, the mentality of some, that you must be positive about everything going on at the club and any attempt to discuss issues is just shot down and dismissed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It did and ideally we would stay out of bother via other means but it’s correct that many clubs are now falling foul of these farcical and arbitrary rules. At least it is seemingly being rectified.

See you persevere talking to brick walls Bluesteel. But is it really worth it? He is entrenched in his negative view and that will not change no matter what.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Its not slurs and bile. We dont make enough money from transfers, fact. We overspent, fact. Accounts are late, fact. Official news from club on whats happening, not there. Fact. Signing players but cant officially register them. Not sure but seems to be a fact. 

Not your club FACT He'll do what he chooses FACT ! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Triple O said:

See you persevere talking to brick walls Bluesteel. But is it really worth it? He is entrenched in his negative view and that will not change no matter what.

Not negative. Funny how when people dont agree with your view that they say its negative. 

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Not your club FACT He'll do what he chooses FACT ! 

Apparently not, the reason why we are at the point we have reached is because Chansiri cannot do as he chooses and has to find alternative avenues.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, billyblack said:

I thought it was pretty good actually. Ok it says nothing new really buy its the same stuff being said over and over. Lack of information from the club, lack of turnover from transfers, selling the club to himself makes no sense whatsoever, not sure why people applaud DC, the club isnt run well in my opinion. Cant fault his pockets and effort but that doesnt necessarily mean a good outcome. Thats my view. I may be wrong of course.

Tbh you can find the same level of expertise in the Boardroom section than what was stated in the programme

the expertise is simply that this Maguire chap doesn't have a real job and can spend the day getting Companies House alerts and doing some nice pie charts  

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Tbh you can find the same level of expertise in the Boardroom section than what was stated in the programme

the expertise is simply that this Maguire chap doesn't have a real job and can spend the day getting Companies House alerts and doing some nice pie charts  

Don't disagree with you at all.

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Don't disagree with you at all.

I may have told him that on twitter - tbf I will call that dialogue a score draw 

I asked him which club in the championship has paid corporation tax and the bugger told me that Norwich City had FFS 

Though due to a £20m profit on player sales