Ground sale to go through shortly?

Guest Ash76

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Paddle

Creek

Something like that

Chin up pal , I know it’ll be hard but worst case scenario if it this all goes through I’m sure you will find a way of slagging the chairman/club off , don’t let it grind you down 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chin up pal , I know it’ll be hard but worst case scenario if it this all goes through I’m sure you will find a way of slagging the chairman/club off , don’t let it grind you down 

My guess is ticket prices for the Barnsley match will do that trick. 

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Question going through my mind is if in 3-4 years time we have still in tbe Championship then where does this leave us?

With a smaller wage bill and hopefully with a few player sales behind us 

A hell of a lot of sense being discussed by Biggs and Maguire in that video.  Quite a concerning things for fans to hear IMO.

Yet the experts on here keep telling us that there is nothing to worry about.  Ok then..

Personally, I'll reserve judgement on whether we are in safe hands or not, for 2nd August; the day that the new season begins.

• Like 2

I personally see FFP as being, ironically, unfair! Footballs never been ‘fair’.

I remember in the 90s it all being about getting a rich Chairman, and you were half way to winning something. Take Blackburn for example, low crowds in comparison ie less income as a club, but Jack Walker bank rolled them and they won the Premier League. Nobody complained, it was just the way it was.

Ourselves, Derby etc finally get the rich Chairman/owners and they’re having to go to these extreme lengths to spend their  own money! Don’t get me wrong, owners getting the clubs up to their eyeballs in debt and risking the clubs future isn’t right, but if the owner has the means to spend without risking the clubs future then what’s wrong with that?

I don’t begrudge Wolves doing what they did and sticking two fingers up at FFP because they were lucky enough to get rich backers.

What next in the name of ‘fairness’? Should all clubs defined as being 100 miles or more north of London have a 12 point head start on the other teams due to the fact that southern clubs can attract better players more easily due to their preferred geographical location?

In my opinion all DC is trying to do is exploit a loophole to spend his own money, which I believe he, and other chairman,should be able to do without leagues interfering in the name of ‘fairness’. 

• Thanks 1