Ground sale to go through shortly?

Guest Ash76

Just now, mkowl said:

I may have told him that on twitter - tbf I will call that dialogue a score draw 

I asked him which club in the championship has paid corporation tax and the bugger told me that Norwich City had FFS 

Though due to a £20m profit on player sales 

Profit, never heard of it, whats that...…. 

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, billyblack said:

You are right he didnt have to do that but it was his strategy that put us there. Not sure he can be patted on the back for that.

Feel sorry for your kids if you have them. No well done for having a go in your house

20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Me point is..It distances me from the club....I like to see the ground being all about Wednesday...I don't like the "CHANSIRI" on the North...I don't like advertising hoardings, lighting up like f.ookery of a night , advertising summat that doesn't exist!..It all makes me uncomfortable...and you can all rip the p*ss as much as you like...I'm not mithered...If I'm wrong...its all gravy..I'll hold me hands up....and be happy..but I'm uncomfortable with it

I think most Wednesday fans understand what you are saying and agree pretty much with your sentiments Asteener1867, but unfortunately once you've sold your soul, you have absolutely no control over what happens next.

Pubs change names over and over, often ending up back where they started or turned into supermarkets. Companies merge, change names, get taken over and so on until their products get changed beyond all recognition.

Money is king these days and we have sold our soul in an attempt to get into a circus division where money rules supreme. OK, once in a blue moon you get a team like Leicester The Cheating Bazza's, breaking into the top six and in their case, winning the league, but how often does that happen? Apart from Arsenal a couple of times and Leicester once, only either Man City, Man U or Chelsea have won the league since the 1994/95 season.

Ah well let's hope it is all worth it this time and we don't end up suffering lower league anonymity for 19 years when it ends!

UTO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I think most Wednesday fans understand what you are saying and agree pretty much with your sentiments Asteener1867, but unfortunately once you've sold your soul, you have absolutely no control over what happens next.

Pubs change names over and over, often ending up back where they started or turned into supermarkets. Companies merge, change names, get taken over and so on until their products get changed beyond all recognition.

Money is king these days and we have sold our soul in an attempt to get into a circus division where money rules supreme. OK, once in a blue moon you get a team like Leicester The Cheating Bazza's, breaking into the top six and in their case, winning the league, but how often does that happen? Apart from Arsenal a couple of times and Leicester once, only either Man City, Man U or Chelsea have won the league since the 1994/95 season.

Ah well let's hope it is all worth it this time and we don't end up suffering lower league anonymity for 19 years when it ends!

UTO!

Well that depends on how you look at it ante...Sold our souls?

Not really, we had little to do with it, could we control owt that went on with Mandaric, pre Mandaric or post Mandaric?

I doubt it.

Your soul and your affiliation are something that can't be bought and sold aren't they...?

....Delphjon Chansiri can't stop me being a Sheffield Wednesday fan, he can own the club, he can ban me from Hillsborough..He can do pretty much what he likes..he's paid the money..but

He can do absolutely Jack about what I see as the club, the institution and simply the name...

"we sold our souls"?..We had sod all to do with it....We went along with the push for promotion..in the same way a lot of us went along with the plunge down the bloody leagues and towards admin...turning up, supporting a club that for most of us has had little to do with football and more to do with identity, history and loyalty....

I can't really be accused of riding a sodding gravy train, along with thousands of others who turned up when we were crap....Its my club, and as far as I'm concerned, I will ALWAYS consider it MY club...Its got sod all to do with Delphjon.

Thats simply how I see it...and you can all shout deluded...folk can think what they like ..as can I...

I don't hold any animosity towards our Chairman...I hope he gets it right...he's spent enough, no doubt he cares enough, and if he should get it right..or even half right...I'll cheer him to the rafters...

If he gets it wrong...Head down keep goin'....He will never stop me supporting Sheffield Wednesday..cos whilever theres a brick of Hillsborough standing...I'll nip down an' touch it of a Saturday...No matter what the f.ook Delphjons doin'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hawksmore said:

Its not whingeing though is it? It’s having a discussion, engaging with opposing views and applying some critical thinking. Seemingly, something you’re finding quite difficult to engage with at the moment trying to reduce any points made to ‘what are you going to do about it’ is very basic and petulant. 

I find it so odd on here, the mentality of some, that you must be positive about everything going on at the club and any attempt to discuss issues is just shot down and dismissed. 

Comes across as whining but I accept that there are some concerning matters behind the scenes but talk to any Championship club fan and they reckon their club is the worst run club in the history of the world.

Critical thinking is lacking by just about every poster (apart from me of course :biggrin:) we all jump to conclusions, bring our assumptions and biases to the argument. 

Some seem to have a personal grudge against the Chairperson and will delight in his leaving or downfall.

For me he took on the club when nobody would touch it with a barge pole, all the well off die hard local Wednesday fans looked the other way.  As did most of us, we have never had a serious fan organisation to challenge the board or to have long term intentions of controlling the club.  

For this he does get my support and for the first time in TWO decades he has given the fans real hope that we can progress.   Remember we were 90 mins away.

I have received private messages from a well known poster on here who has told me of his concerns for the club  and backed his argument up with evidence and told me of some of his connections.  (And no it's not a bloke from the pub).  The poster asked me not to give any details so don't ask. 

Despite this l believe that DC has nothing but the best intentions for the club and if he can raise capital from the sale of the club or from elsewhere, he has in Bruce a very experienced and successful manager who knows his way round the Championship

I'm all for well reasoned arguments but I wish we had come out with these years ago and not in hindsight.

Anyway sorry if I upset anyone.

Personally I blame Milan for some of this. He sold to a novice and spouted bull that he was always there to advise him.

He either left him to flounder or pointed him at Doyen whichever rumour you believe.

I realise business is business and Milan didn’t really care once he had his money but that doesn’t stop me blaming him a bit.

However we are where we are. 

Can’t change the past which is why I don’t see the point in flogging to death on here the mistakes of the last 4 years.

The simple decision is we either do something creative to beat FFP or take a probable points deduction and full embargo leading to almost certain relegation.

I guess each of us has our view.

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Personally I blame Milan for some of this. He sold to a novice and spouted bull that he was always there to advise him.

He either left him to flounder or pointed him at Doyen whichever rumour you believe.

I realise business is business and Milan didn’t really care once he had his money but that doesn’t stop me blaming him a bit.

However we are where we are. 

Can’t change the past which is why I don’t see the point in flogging to death on here the mistakes of the last 4 years.

The simple decision is we either do something creative to beat FFP or take a probable points deduction and full embargo leading to almost certain relegation.

I guess each of us has our view.

Why would it be almost certain relegation. Point deduction yes. Relegation doubtful in my view