Ground sale to go through shortly?

Guest Ash76

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I’m fairly sure I’m right. Whether you choose to believe it is of course up to you. 

You have made a logical guess, fair enough. But you dont know for a fact.

Only thing that matters is the club submitting the accounts

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

You have made a logical guess, fair enough. But you dont know for a fact.

Only thing that matters is the club submitting the accounts

They will do when they get their ducks in a row. The Land registry is the latest step toward that. I know for a fact there is dialogue with the league as the club has been open about it at various forums.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

They will do when they get their ducks in a row. The Land registry is the latest step toward that. I know for a fact there is dialogue with the league as the club has been open about it at various forums.

Genuine question as i really dont know. When was the ground sale discussed at a club forum?

11 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He's old enough to be my younger brother ...

You however ...

It's the smell of Mothballs and Brylcream that draws me to you ...

Will you wear the moleskin trews and the tank top like last time ?

feck I remember having a stomach that fitted in tank tops  shiiiiieeeiiiit (homage to the wire)

• Haha 2

Just now, billyblack said:

Genuine question as i really dont know. When was the ground sale discussed at a club forum?

The ground sale possibly wasn’t, but naming/sponsorship was and FFP was. 

I’m referring to us being in ongoing contact with the league as we have been embargoed on and off for a while. That was all discussed openly. 

37 minutes ago, steelowl said:

feck I remember having a stomach that fitted in tank tops  shiiiiieeeiiiit (homage to the wire)

Star Jumper, Birmingham bags, kung fu shirt and a harringtons jacket if it dropped below minus 5

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I understand we’ve had our accounts or our financial plan/proposals with the EFL for some time now, waiting for them to respond. So presumably if this has gone through then we have been given the nod and we will press on with it all.

I have been told they have been submitted a while ago and discussions taken place on them with EFL.

I actually think EFL delaying decision as a way of stopping us spending new found funds. We sent final accounts late so presumably they can take time over them.

39 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I’m referring to us being in ongoing contact with the league as we have been embargoed on and off for a while. That was all discussed openly. 

Fair enough, but you mentioned the land registry which has never need discussed. Last thing i recall in a forum was DC saying we had an issue with FFP and needed to raise money. Then sold nobody and had another inventive share scheme instead.

Just now, Quist said:

I have been told they have been submitted a while ago and discussions taken place on them with EFL.

I actually think EFL delaying decision as a way of stopping us spending new found funds. We sent final accounts late so presumably they can take time over them.

When did we send final accounts over?

47 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If you are trying to get extra funds into club no sensible or even half baked person would reveal strategy at a club forum. It is not as if anybody is going to put hand up and say oh we have a few million to throw into kitty to help out.

The Star have also stated in a report the accounts have been submitted to EFL and think position is fairly well known amongst journalists. Unfortunately we still have a few with chips on shoulder who have never moved on from Dave Aleen sage. It is unfortunate for them and they try to influence others with their pessimism and misery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Weve been working to a finanacial plan/review with them for a few windows. The club has been open about that so I’m just putting it toghether myself. We will have been in contact with the EFL continuously and I think/guess it’s agreement with them that determines how we proceed in the accounts (once published there’s no going back) rather than us submitting to companies house and then being unable to change things if EFL are not satisfied.

Don't know if this is the case but it does make perfect sense.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

If you are trying to get extra funds into club no sensible or even half baked person would reveal strategy at a club forum. It is not as if anybody is going to put hand up and say oh we have a few million to throw into kitty to help out.

The Star have also stated in a report the accounts have been submitted to EFL and think position is fairly well known amongst journalists. Unfortunately we still have a few with chips on shoulder who have never moved on from Dave Aleen sage. It is unfortunate for them and they try to influence others with their pessimism and misery.

The Star. Right. It must be correct then. Or is it just journalists guessing. 

No sensible person would sell its only major asset either for frivolous spending.

No idea what Dave Allen has to do with this

19 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Fair enough, but you mentioned the land registry which has never need discussed. Last thing i recall in a forum was DC saying we had an issue with FFP and needed to raise money. Then sold nobody and had another inventive share scheme instead.

I did mention the land registry as that is what this thread is about and it’s likely part of a solution to the problem identified at the forum. DCC disclosed we would have an issue, asked for assistance with the 1867 thing and talked about selling the club and wasn’t drawn on sacking luhukay.

Since then he’s sorted the manager, hasn’t sold up and seemingly has a plan to keep us out of a full embargo/points deduction scenario which was the worst case at the forum. He didn’t have to do any of this.

Its a separate point to the dialogue with the league which was also discussed and I believe that as the EFL talk to all the clubs on this. 

Anyone who thinks having a fire sale would have solved FFP is a bit naive really for me 

I’ve been quite vocal about the need to sell players and it’s the chairman’s biggest downfall, but if we put our selfs in a position as a club where people know we need to sell for FFP people will wanna pay peanuts, will Reading solve there issues with the lads they’ve just put up for sale ??     Unlikely