We Will Be Promoted Next Season.

You have to expect optimism but you also have to expect the realism from some as well as these types of posters often lowball a prediction so they can get on the ‘I Told You So Train’ If it arrives at Midland Station?

As for what I think, you’ve got to be optimistic after the second half of the season. It’s the first time we’ve hit play-off form in 18 months. Of course there will be changes but I expect the changes to be tweaks rather than wholesale. The type of changes that’ll turn us into the type of side you expect to be up there. The type of changes that probably should’ve happened in the summer of 2016.

10 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hope all the fans aren't kicking off and moaning about Bruce if we aren't in the top 6 after 10 games. Some people are getting too giddy, I don't expect us to be getting promoted next season.

spot on bud,1 or 2 think it's gonna be easy..it aint

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

I don’t think we will be anybodies favourites . Personally I don’t think we will make the top six but hopefully we will be there or there abouts . Least for the first time in the chansiri era we have a decent manager at the helm 

So you don' t think we will make the top six but its the first time we have a decent manager? Yet CC achieved two top six placings, strange logic.  

We've as good a chance as anyone next season, more optimistic than I've been before now we have the right manager and starting to put some infrastructure in place. 

That said, promotion would be bittersweet, aside from the money I hate the PL. Most teams are just cannon fodder for the top 6 who have their own exclusive mini league. 

Wouldn't be particularly excited making the long journey to watch my team lose and score very few goals week in week out. 

Aside from the cash, PL offers very little from me, forget about 'testing yourself against the best teams' it's all testicles, when teams can spend more than an entire club is worth on one reserve player, whose annual salary is greater than the combined total wageroll of most championship clubs, it's an unrealistic proposition.

Crystal Palace, Burnley, Southampton....'established PL teams' what's the point? Taking away the money, success is staying in a league where they lose significantly more games than they win , Palace top scorers with 46, Southampton not yet even reached 40 goals. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be celebrating with everyone else if we're promoted, but would I go to PL games? No. 

Good luck to those who make it and ride the financial gravy train that is modern football.

28 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You have to expect optimism but you also have to expect the realism from some as well as these types of posters often lowball a prediction so they can get on the ‘I Told You So Train’ If it arrives at Midland Station?

As for what I think, you’ve got to be optimistic after the second half of the season. It’s the first time we’ve hit play-off form in 18 months. Of course there will be changes but I expect the changes to be tweaks rather than wholesale. The type of changes that’ll turn us into the type of side you expect to be up there. The type of changes that probably should’ve happened in the summer of 2016.

Agree with your second paragraph and hope that Bruce has already identified his targets and things are happening.  I'm concerned over Hooper leaving and if there is any truth about FF leaving then I'll be seriously worried about the massive gap they will leave, for me they both need replacing. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

We've as good a chance as anyone next season, more optimistic than I've been before now we have the right manager and starting to put some infrastructure in place. 

That said, promotion would be bittersweet, aside from the money I hate the PL. Most teams are just cannon fodder for the top 6 who have their own exclusive mini league. 

Wouldn't be particularly excited making the long journey to watch my team lose and score very few goals week in week out. 

Aside from the cash, PL offers very little from me, forget about 'testing yourself against the best teams' it's all testicles, when teams can spend more than an entire club is worth on one reserve player, whose annual salary is greater than the combined total wageroll of most championship clubs, it's an unrealistic proposition.

Crystal Palace, Burnley, Southampton....'established PL teams' what's the point? Taking away the money, success is staying in a league where they lose significantly more games than they win , Palace top scorers with 46, Southampton not yet even reached 40 goals. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd be celebrating with everyone else if we're promoted, but would I go to PL games? No. 

Good luck to those who make it and ride the financial gravy train that is modern football.

DC did say once we are promoted we won't be there to make up the numbers.  So book those away day tickets :biggrin:

I think we've got a chance of sneaking into the playoffs but a lot of people are getting carried away and seem to think promotion is guaranteed due to Bruce's record. Need to give him time to build a promotion worthy squad on what could be a very limited budget, didn't he himself say it would take several transfer windows? 

Consolidation and improvement in his first few months which has been achieved,  improve further in his first full season although promotion through the playoffs would be an unexpected but welcome bonus, but if not the following season is hopefully when it all comes together. 

• Thanks 1

Silly to speculate at this stage.

We’ll be competing with clubs with parachute cash whilst we’re already scrapping around the free transfer market.

We have little idea of the team we will field or how they will bond as a workable team.

Ten or twelve games into the season is when we will know if there’s a chance.

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

DC did say once we are promoted we won't be there to make up the numbers.  So book those away day tickets :biggrin:

Hope you're right, on a plus note as home games 200 miles away from me, PL away games might be a closer commute. 

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Over the past few years I've been the miserable git that's banged on about the need to get rid of our clueless managers, completely rubbishing our chances of promotion even when finishing 4th and got slated for it, I even said I would donate $200 to Western Park if clueless got us up.

I've called everything right thus far and have far from been popular for doing so but this season coming just you bloody watch us.

We have the man I  place we should have had years ago, we are going up this year FFP or not.

I've not been wrong before and I won't be wrong this season.

And what's more I will have my usual bet $200 to Western Park if we don't go up this next season.

I have never looked forward to a season as much as this coming season, we will hit the ground running, Bruce demands it.

In Bruce we trust.

Can I just point one thing out you've already got wrong it's Weston Park 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I think we've got a chance of sneaking into the playoffs but a lot of people are getting carried away and seem to think promotion is guaranteed due to Bruce's record. Need to give him time to build a promotion worthy squad on what could be a very limited budget, didn't he himself say it would take several transfer windows? 

Consolidation and improvement in his first few months which has been achieved,  improve further in his first full season although promotion through the playoffs would be an unexpected but welcome bonus, but if not the following season is hopefully when it all comes together. 

Fans expectations will demand promotion or he will go the same way as Jos.  CC will be the last manager who will be allowed to build a team over time until we get to the promised land. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So you don' t think we will make the top six but its the first time we have a decent manager? Yet CC achieved two top six placings, strange logic.  

Not really , we had transfer funds then and we did okay that season . I think Bruce would have got us up that year . Despite what many think , none of us know what will happen . Suppose that’s the idea of a forum , to give opinions . 

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Not really , we had transfer funds then and we did okay that season . I think Bruce would have got us up that year . Despite what many think , none of us know what will happen . Suppose that’s the idea of a forum , to give opinions . 

So at what point will call for Bruce to be sacked?   If he, doesn't get in the top six if his record is worse than Jos?  How long do you give him a season?  Two, three even?

For what it's worth I believe that a manager needs at least three seasons to assemble his squad and to get his ethos over to the players the club and the fans,