We Will Be Promoted Next Season.

49 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I've negged you for declaring we will go up, it usually tempts bad fate.

However, if we do go up i will give you two plusses.

Remind me next May

Fates not been the issue, bad decisions have. Hopefully we will be reminding you in may!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I don’t think we will be anybodies favourites . Personally I don’t think we will make the top six but hopefully we will be there or there abouts . Least for the first time in the chansiri era we have a decent manager at the helm 

Wednesday have always been my favourites 

• Like 1

no

people are getting far to excited about our late playoff hunt but forgetting Bruce got the sack from villa when he was performing worse than when Jos was here

steve gets my support but everyone needs to calm down

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Over the past few years I've been the miserable git that's banged on about the need to get rid of our clueless managers, completely rubbishing our chances of promotion even when finishing 4th and got slated for it, I even said I would donate $200 to Western Park if clueless got us up.

I've called everything right thus far and have far from been popular for doing so but this season coming just you bloody watch us.

We have the man I  place we should have had years ago, we are going up this year FFP or not.

I've not been wrong before and I won't be wrong this season.

And what's more I will have my usual bet $200 to Western Park if we don't go up this next season.

I have never looked forward to a season as much as this coming season, we will hit the ground running, Bruce demands it.

In Bruce we trust.

Ee - Aye Ee - Aye  Ee - Aye - O

Up the table we will go

When we win promotion

This is what we'll sing

We all love you

We all love you

Tommo is the king!

I knew this stuff would come back, eventually!:laugh:

Hope, to God, that you are right!

8 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

Ee - Aye Ee - Aye  Ee - Aye - O

Up the table we will go

When we win promotion

This is what we'll sing

We all love you

We all love you

Tommo is the king!

I knew this stuff would come back, eventually!:laugh:

Hope, to God, that you are right!

Very rarely do I get it wrong, although there was a time when CC came in I called it a disaster, then we played fantastic in his first season and admitted I'd got it wrong, then came the play off final and after that match I said he would never get us promoted and he did indeed turn out to be a disaster.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Over the past few years I've been the miserable git that's banged on about the need to get rid of our clueless managers, completely rubbishing our chances of promotion even when finishing 4th and got slated for it, I even said I would donate $200 to Western Park if clueless got us up.

I've called everything right thus far and have far from been popular for doing so but this season coming just you bloody watch us.

We have the man I  place we should have had years ago, we are going up this year FFP or not.

And what's more I will have my usual bet $200 to Western Park if we don't go up this next season.

I have never looked forward to a season as much as this coming season, we will hit the ground running, Bruce demands it.

In Bruce we trust.

If the Julian Boner rumour is correct it fills me with optimism that even with limited financial resources SB has tentacles that can identify and capture players early which will ensure pre season is about bedding in, systems, team building rather than uncertainty about players in. 

Sure there'll be rumours about our top players and a will he won't he panto or two but we'll get astute business done aswell. 

In *FLASK we trust. 

*Face Like a Stuntman's Knee

If we get 5 or 6 in the SB wants I'm sure we will stand a good chance. However, although we might want a roaring start, we have to remember it will substantially be a new team and might take time to fine tune. I recall when CC took over it took 8-10 games to really start firing.

Anyway there are reasons to be optimistic.

• Like 1

It's not all about the manager, the reason these guys keep "failing" at Wednesday, Leeds and Forest is because of the financial mess all 3 of us keep getting into. All 3 clubs have had some decent managers in the last 20 years yet inevitably they end up being sacked and labelled "useless" by the fans.

The well ran clubs who do things right like Burton Albion and Everton become springboards for manager's careers and (the clubs) continue to perform well when each one moves on. Yet the likes of Rowett, Hasselbaink, Clough and Moyes usually don't repeat their previous success elsewhere - because they are no longer at such a well ran club.

If Wednesday are mid-table again next season, is that because Bruce has become clueless or is it more a reflection on the trimming of the wage bill that will happen this summer?

I personally believe the most important person at a football club is the Chairman.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We stand a far greater chance of promotion under Bruce than we ever did under Jos. 

There are items in my fridge with a better chance of getting us promoted than Jos.... lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Crazy thread when nobody's squad is anywhere near finalised 

Its going to be a long summer 

Roll on The Penguin returning with his transfer rumours. 

• Haha 2

Fingers crossed we can remain injury free most of the season and see where we end up. One thing is for sure this manager knows what he is doing in this league unlike to past incumbents in the role.

I am certain we will improve next season and we have finally got a manager who will get us out of this league. before SB arrived the general view was we were several years off a challenge with the problems we faced. The fact we now have some optimism is credit to the job he and his assistants have done in what is a relatively short time.

I have been further encouraged by the absence of certain individuals from the forum since SB arrived. I had decided they were representatives of Agents and I no longer see posts from them in fact think they may have even deleted account. This tells me he is probably getting to grips with backroom issues as well if they are no longer on here trying to influence opinion.

People seem to forget that there's other teams in the division although we have a better chance under this manager than the last Muppet.

Love a bit of good old optimism but let's not get all deluded and cocky just yet...

Edited by steveger

Guest mkowl

I think top 10, possible flirtation with the playoffs if we get the balance of the squad right and less injury prone players

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

In Bruce we trust.

I bet you're fun to live with. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hope all the fans aren't kicking off and moaning about Bruce if we aren't in the top 6 after 10 games. Some people are getting too giddy, I don't expect us to be getting promoted next season.

Tell me why I’m not surprised you think that :biggrin: