We Will Be Promoted Next Season.

52 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Agree with your second paragraph and hope that Bruce has already identified his targets and things are happening.  I'm concerned over Hooper leaving and if there is any truth about FF leaving then I'll be seriously worried about the massive gap they will leave, for me they both need replacing. 

We haven’t had a lot of football out of either player for large parts of the last two seasons but I take your point they’re both decent players and will be missed to a certain extent (if Forrestieri does indeed go?).

Bruce tends to like tall, pacy, physical strikers with an eye for goal so if he can wheel and deal I expect one of this type to come in but any money generated from sales will be with a view to improving the side as a whole IMO?

43 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Fans expectations will demand promotion or he will go the same way as Jos.  CC will be the last manager who will be allowed to build a team over time until we get to the promised land. 

Ironically it's the ridiculous signings which didn't even improve the team (Reach aside) made in CC's second and third seasons which are holding Bruce back now and will do for at least the next couple of years until the huge losses are no longer on the 3 year rolling FFP period. 

16 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We haven’t had a lot of football out of either player for large parts of the last two seasons but I take your point they’re both decent players and will be missed to a certain extent (if Forrestieri does indeed go?).

Bruce tends to like tall, pacy, physical strikers with an eye for goal so if he can wheel and deal I expect one of this type to come in but any money generated from sales will be with a view to improving the side as a whole IMO?

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Ironically it's the ridiculous signings which didn't even improve the team (Reach aside) made in CC's second and third seasons which are holding Bruce back now and will do for at least the next couple of years until the huge losses are no longer on the 3 year rolling FFP period. 

Bruce has his work cut out for him if gets his signings right then promotion is a serious target.  The leaving of FF if true (after all he's been leaving in every transfer window since he arrived) will really challenge Bruce if he can find a quality forward for less money then we get for FF then its game on.  

Really think Bruce will be defined how he deals with Hooper, FF leaving and Matias to some degree.   

Fingers crossed my concerns will be misplaced. 

nice base of a squad if we keep westwood and hector, still need to add additional pace and some young and hungry players with bags of energy and we maybe able to improve. too early to call anything, plus other teams will strengthen too dont forget in the process. I'd give bruce 2 years at least especially if we cant spend money this season.

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We stand a far greater chance of promotion under Bruce than we ever did under Jos. 

Depends who we replace Westwood, Hector, Joao and Forestieri with. Not if we replace them with the likes of Börner, Odubajo and Nick Powell. 

If we have any aspiration of promotion next season, it’s absolutely crucial we keep Westwood and Hector. Then we also need to get our recruitment right. I am a touch concerned we are looking at another right back and centre backs if we are looking to bring Hector back. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Depends who we replace Westwood, Hector, Joao and Forestieri with. Not if we replace them with the likes of Börner, Odubajo and Nick Powell

Non of those are a GK, or striker so I doubt they’ll be signed to replace Westwood, Joao and Forestieri. 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Non of those are a GK, or striker so I doubt they’ll be signed to replace Westwood, Joao and Forestieri. 

Although it was mooted by Nixon, that Powell would be a suitable replacement for Forestieri, so he obviously hasn’t seen them play My main point, was not that they might be like for like replacements, but more about the fact that we might replace that sort of quality, with players like those mentioned It would be a major downgrade in quality

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Although it was mooted by Nixon, that Powell would be a suitable replacement for Forestieri, so he obviously hasn’t seen them play My main point, was not that they might be like for like replacements, but more about the fact that we might replace that sort of quality, with players like those mentioned It would be a major downgrade in quality

So you’re worried Bruce doesn’t know what he’s doing? I’d say he is one of the most knowledgable people when it comes to what squad of players is needed to get promoted from this league.

my understanding is the funds for the Powell and Adubajo signings comes from the wages and squad place freed up by Abdi & Matias leaving.  So I think it’s a shrewd bit of business myself 

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

So at what point will call for Bruce to be sacked?   If he, doesn't get in the top six if his record is worse than Jos?  How long do you give him a season?  Two, three even?

For what it's worth I believe that a manager needs at least three seasons to assemble his squad and to get his ethos over to the players the club and the fans,

As long as he keeps moving the club in a positive direction .... he is making all the right noises and the signings so far have been what’s required . The last two / 3 years that’s hasn’t been the case . 

There will come a time when Bruce needs to move on be it a year or be it ten, until then I’ll remain cautiously optimistic . We are finally being run as we should 

It all depends on how the summer progresses, at the moment it does feel like we can expect to be there or thereabouts in terms of the top 6 and possibly more. Not sure about autos mind, I'd expect Villa/Leeds to fill one of those spots depending on who doesn't go up, plus Cardiff will be well up for it if Warnock stays.

23 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

So you’re worried Bruce doesn’t know what he’s doing? I’d say he is one of the most knowledgable people when it comes to what squad of players is needed to get promoted from this league.

my understanding is the funds for the Powell and Adubajo signings comes from the wages and squad place freed up by Abdi & Matias leaving.  So I think it’s a shrewd bit of business myself 

Better coaches than Bruce have lost their jobs, so he’s not infallible He is undoubtably someone who knows how to build a promotion challenging squad, his record proves that. Norwich proved last season that, despite losing your best players, it can be done. It’s not the norm though, and selling your best players, and replacing them with inferior players, certainly isn’t the best recipe for success. It will be how Bruce responds tactics wise, both the promoted clubs were tactically better than us 

6 hours ago, Mycroft said:

So at what point will call for Bruce to be sacked?   If he, doesn't get in the top six if his record is worse than Jos?  How long do you give him a season?  Two, three even?

For what it's worth I believe that a manager needs at least three seasons to assemble his squad and to get his ethos over to the players the club and the fans,

A season 2 or 3 ?

If we get off to bad start next season ill give it 3 months tops 

20 years outside the top flight beats you down and seeing the pigs go up with a fraction of what we spent makes matters worse. 

I do believe Bruce is a good manager but to succeed next season we have to get recruitment right this summer, have a better time with injuries and of course have a good chunk of luck. 

Hopefully Borner, Odabajo (if he comes in) and whoever else improve us and give us that strength in depth we have lacked over the last 12-18 months. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We stand a far greater chance of promotion under Bruce than we ever did under Jos. 

The plan was always to avoid relegation though. Which is why Jos was brought in!

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

20 years outside the top flight beats you down and seeing the pigs go up with a fraction of what we spent makes matters worse. 

I do believe Bruce is a good manager but to succeed next season we have to get recruitment right this summer, have a better time with injuries and of course have a good chunk of luck. 

Hopefully Borner, Odabajo (if he comes in) and whoever else improve us and give us that strength in depth we have lacked over the last 12-18 months. 

Any players who arrive, will only improve us, if they are better than the ones they replace

Three Premier teams coming down armed with 40 million pound parachute payments, three out of four play-off teams Derby, Leeds, Villa. WBA), Stoke and Swansea both with 30 million parachute payments, Middlesbrough with third year parachute payment of around 15 million, and you have nine teams that ought to do better than us, especially when SB is constrained so much by what he can do in the transfer market.  

If we can threaten the play-off places it will be a great achievement. The thing is with the Championship there is always seemingly one unfancied team that comes through  (Huddersfield, Cardiff, Blades).