Flares set off in concourse at Preston!

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

" We were soooo hard at preston, set a flare off innit...look...I was there... I'm hard me....yeahhhh mate...you've found it,  it's the video next to my Thomas the tank series.

And there will be blokes there in their fifties trying to be 16 again.

makes you phooking laugh

Are they claiming to be "hard" by setting it off?

Least they choose a nice shade of blue.

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's an interesting phenomenon this idea of offering your most passionate and vociferous support of the team during the 15 minutes that they're not able to hear you.

The 6 lasses serving the half time food and beverage were impressed though..

• Haha 1

I'm all for having a great time, I've done some daft things in my time back in the day, but this was just dangerous. 

You could not see hand in front of you, I was covered in blue, can't imagine what it's done to the lungs of those who were breathing it in. 

Obviously these 'real' fans cannot remember Bradford.  

I went down at half time and watched this with zero impact on my health .. towards the right (main exit) there was no impact regards the smoke. So you could a) avoid it on the concourse b) avoid in in the stand.

I get the impact if your in the middle by accident .. but these things tend to build up and it’s easier enough to spot the group where it’s going to happen and move out the way.

I agree I much prefer it to happen in stands and build the away end atmosphere but arguable you have less opportunity to avoid it then as opposed down on the concourse.

someone stated it didn’t happen at Norwich, well no there were no smoke bombs but there was plenty of jumping around.

Well I needed a wee but was unable to get to the loo because of this. Seriously though, the security was quite OTT. going into the ground, but obviously still not good enough. Do those pyro dogs actually detect owt? And don’t get me started on smoking in the toilets. Battle through clouds of blue smog to get there and can’t breath for fag smoke once you are in. Any where else and the security/ stewards would be all over it, but it’s football so balls to it

Setting flares off in an enclosed area is stupid in the extreme but it was done by a minority but 100’s singing about sh****** somebody’s young daughter just because he manages a rival’s team is absolutely pathetic and brings nothing but shame on our great club. What goes through their heads? We felt nothing but disgust when United fans sang about the vile Ched Evans but this shower are even naming the girl. To be honest I’d no idea what they were singing until I asked my grandson, I wish now that I hadn’t. There’s stuff goes off in football now that I just don’t get and sometimes I think I’d be better off not knowing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, james o connor said:

Sad reflection of today’s society ..... I swear I’m the only person these days that doesn’t need to create an event and then film it on my phone to show how cool I am . 

Societys broken because someones set off a smoke bomb? Its or8 everyone were angels back in the days of football hooliganism. 

48 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

Setting flares off in an enclosed area is stupid in the extreme but it was done by a minority but 100’s singing about sh****** somebody’s young daughter just because he manages a rival’s team is absolutely pathetic and brings nothing but shame on our great club. What goes through their heads? We felt nothing but disgust when United fans sang about the vile Ched Evans but this shower are even naming the girl. To be honest I’d no idea what they were singing until I asked my grandson, I wish now that I hadn’t. There’s stuff goes off in football now that I just don’t get and sometimes I think I’d be better off not knowing.

Shows that we have some pathetic tail tugging tuggers supporting us. Hate Blunts but going on about a teenage girl is sad. They'll probably be bragging about it at school on Monday.

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We had flares back in the day.  Looked right prats as well.  

Looked better than these chumps that walk around in drainpipes that finish inches above the ankle.

And why do they not wear socks.

For that matter why do they wear deck shoes in a landlocked City.