Flares set off in concourse at Preston!

56 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Seriously what the hell has happened to our away support the last three years?

Numbers as good as ever but we're a lot, lot quieter than we used to be. Except for half time when we get an influx of 16 year olds acting like this.

I've made this point quite a few times but I just can't fathom what or where this change came from. 

We were at our best and loudest at Norwich when we only took about 1,500, thought we were pretty good at Boro, WBA and Derby too. 

On 29/04/2019 at 11:46, MilanTheMan said:

Imagine how stale the atmosphere would be if all fans were like the average Owlstalker. No one got hurt. Imagine if some of you supported POAK or some polish team, be crying every week

Stale or safe. Theres a difference

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Slow sanitisation process of English football in general. Fans being increasingly asked to stop making atmospheres. E.g Tottenham fans banned for standing. The negative stigma attatched to those who want to stand and create an atmosphere.

The whole ides that ultra culture is for Europeans and will never catch on here. Somehow the atmospheres across Europe and some in the MLS that replicate European ultras is unbelievable yet we laugh it off and our atmospheres decline. 

I mean this is the MLS ffs. Everyone laughs at it but they are better than us. Google the Portland Timbers fans or Seattle sounders, toronto fc etc. Mad heads  

Section8Chicago.jpg

3300.jpg

Dont really understand the point you are making. People who does irrsepective of country or continent  are nobs.

I have been to many events in my time and have never needed a flare to complete my experience or make it more wholesome.

Then again im not a sociopathic jeb end either. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Dont really understand the point you are making. People who does irrsepective of country or continent  are nobs.

I have been to many events in my time and have never needed a flare to complete my experience or make it more wholesome.

Then again im not a sociopathic jeb end either. 

It was a point that coincided with the original topic and the fact, it is a fact, that atmospheres are poor in English football in general when compared to European counterparts. It surely is worth a discussion as to why or how that is even if you are not a fan of a more raucous atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Slow sanitisation process of English football in general. Fans being increasingly asked to stop making atmospheres. E.g Tottenham fans banned for standing. The negative stigma attatched to those who want to stand and create an atmosphere.

The whole ides that ultra culture is for Europeans and will never catch on here. Somehow the atmospheres across Europe and some in the MLS that replicate European ultras is unbelievable yet we laugh it off and our atmospheres decline. 

I mean this is the MLS ffs. Everyone laughs at it but they are better than us. Google the Portland Timbers fans or Seattle sounders, toronto fc etc. Mad heads  

Section8Chicago.jpg

3300.jpg

And the solution to this supposed sanitisation is to all film your mate set off a smoke bomb outside the burger bar at half time. Not the greatest idea really.

24 minutes ago, Sonny said:

And the solution to this supposed sanitisation is to all film your mate set off a smoke bomb outside the burger bar at half time. Not the greatest idea really.

I don't think those lads are looking for a solution or getting close to finding one. My hope is that football fans and authorities can work together and come up with sensible ideas that suit everyone. Safe standing sections and not treating fans like criminals might help but i think its too much to turn around the sky effect. 

Tottenham fans threatened with stadium bans if they refuse to sit down at new ground

v

150312140939-borussia-dortmund-fans-exlarge-169.jpg

Personally I don't have a clue what is making stadiums like libraries . 

Edited by cross owl
  • Haha 1

On 29/04/2019 at 09:48, Kanye West said:

Not even just the pyro, if you smoke in the toilet at half time you're a tail as well. 

If you want to smoke then fuuck off and do it outside. 

The toilets are for sniffing and smoking, always has been. 

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Section8Chicago.jpg

3300.jpg

So bright red choking smoke is "atmosphere" is it 

45 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I don't think those lads are looking for a solution or getting close to finding one. My hope is that football fans and authorities can work together and come up with sensible ideas that suit everyone. Safe standing sections and not treating fans like criminals might help but i think its too much to turn around the sky effect. 

Taking Pyrotechnics into a Stadium i think makes them crims actually 

I absolutely love these sorts of thread 

I love that not wanting to choke makes me boring 

I love that my asthma suffering mate should put his life at risk because otherwise he's sanatising football

No pyro no party eh and never mind there's always intensive care 

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Taking Pyrotechnics into a Stadium i think makes them crims actually 

Steady sanitisation of the atmosphere is well in place. Sad really. Even in Scandinavian countries like Denmark and Sweden the club authorities and fans liase with each other to allow the safe use of pyrotechnics (if desired) and tifo displays. All of this fan culture sustains a strong atmosphere. The only arguments against that ive heard on here suggest fans are happy for atmospheres to slowly fade out of football. Its not about being a flare waving criminal but finding a middle ground for fans who want to support the club vocally, standing up and generating noise. It would be nice to work towards that. 

26 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I absolutely love these sorts of thread 

I love that not wanting to choke makes me boring 

I love that my asthma suffering mate should put his life at risk because otherwise he's sanatising football

No pyro no party eh and never mind there's always intensive care 

I reckon I've put some reasonable points forward and not one has suggested that anyone should suffer an asthma attack by being caught up in something they don't want to be. Hence the need for specific sections of the ground for different purposes. Surely its the way forward. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I reckon I've put some reasonable points forward and not one has suggested that anyone should suffer an asthma attack by being caught up in something they don't want to be. Hence the need for specific sections of the ground for different purposes. Surely its the way forward. 

Aye because that choking horrible smoke doesn't move at all does it 

How come most of your points about atmosphere seem to feature flares by the way ?

At away games are you suggesting that clubs allocate two areas for away fans ?

1 For people who don't want to choke and possibly die and another for the hipsters to let off their flares ?

Edited by Lawrie Madden

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Aye because that choking horrible smoke doesn't move at all does it 

How come most of your points about atmosphere seem to feature flares by the way ?

At away games are you suggesting that clubs allocate two areas for away fans ?

1 For people who don't want to choke and possibly die and another for the hipsters to let off their flares ?

Well it matters **** all what i think because the forces that be will slowly draw us towards 3 south stand type atmospheres before long anyway.