What's the odds on Wednesday going up next season?

5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Will be our 20th season outside the Premier League. 

Twenty poopydoo years. 

A fifth of a century.

Got told in 2004 that the hard times were coming to an end. Christ.

It's sad to think anyone under the age of 25 will have no memory of us playing in the Premier League. That even applies to half our squad :sad:

• Like 1

It's when you see that our neighbours were last in the Prem in 2007 so will have been promoted twice now since we were last in it.

This club has been so badly managed. First time in all those years I think we have a chance of escaping this dreaded league within the next 2 years.

I get the feeling it'll be another 7/8 years and a change of ownership before we can compete at the top end of the Championship again. 

By which time the Pigs could be absolute light years out in front of us.

We'll be charging more for Championship football next season than they will in the PL. 

We can't keep preying on our support base like that.

People who haven't had it passed down to them by their dads won't go near Hillsborough.

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I get the feeling it'll be another 7/8 years and a change of ownership before we can compete at the top end of the Championship again. 

We'll be charging more for Championship football next season than they will in the PL. 

People who haven't had it passed down to them by their dads won't go near Hillsborough.

Still so much of the simple stuff they get right that we don't.

Your right about the younguns, not much fun trying to join in with a conversation with your friends discussing Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc if your an Owls fan. With no ties you just wouldn't bother.

I started backing Wednesday because I felt they were worlds apart from the Prem elite and would never become them. Certainly got that bit right.

• Haha 1

I’m sure given a fair go at it Bruce will have us at least around the play offs no embargo or points deduction top two is possible. Can’t understand how people think the pigs will be light years ahead of us they have less fans than us but more that go due to having three great years get in the premier league and we will get bigger crowds regardless of prices I don’t agree with our pricing structure but we are and always will be Sheffields biggest club. Keep your chin up stick your chest out and look pigs in the face when they give it the big un, you’re the privileged one not them form is temporary class is permanent 

• Like 1

We need to up the tempo next season. The top three all move the ball at pace, while we are ponderous with our passing, even under Bruce. It’s not just about having quicker players, although of course pace helps, we just need to move the ball quicker. 

Most foreign coaches are aware of this, and to his credit, Wilder has taken it on board. Actually we have quicker players than United, but unlike United’s players, who are always on the move, our possession is slow and predictable. This is something that has always been labelled at Bruce’s teams, and it needs to change if we really want to challenge. It’s a good first step, being difficult to beat, but it will only take us so far.

The teams I see as being likely to be better than us next season are Cardiiff, probably Fulham, maybe Leeds, and WBA if not promoted (my guess is they will be). Villa who knows if they can keep this excellent team together. 

Brentford and Swansea perhaps will be strong. 

I think we should be competitive then with the obvious suspects of Derby Bristol Stoke etc. 

So at this stage reasonable chance play offs. Maybe one in nine one in ten type chance promotion? 

14 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

It's sad to think anyone under the age of 25 will have no memory of us playing in the Premier League. That even applies to half our squad :sad:

I'm 24, went as a 5 year old to my first game in 2000. Told we'd be going straight back up. 

If it ever does happen I don't know how I'll feel. We'll have realised the impossible dream. A bit like when Del Boy became a millionaire and didn't know what to do next. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, English Man said:

I think assuming things like this puts us under unnecessary pressure from the off. Think peeps need to lower their expectations. See what happens over the summer and let our performances do the talking. Rather than just assuming were gonna be promotion contenders. 

Gonna be a big rebuild job if finances allow. 

Absolutely.:tango:

18 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

The success of United and Norwich illustrates it is not all about money but getting a good manager who knows how to build a team. 

If you think no improvement has occurred in last 4 months I would be shocked. We clearly had wrong blueprint to get out of league but feel we are now following tried and trusted method instead of putting individuals in charge who no nothing about the Championship.