What's the odds on Wednesday going up next season?

18 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

I get the feeling it'll be another 7/8 years and a change of ownership before we can compete at the top end of the Championship again. 

By which time the Pigs could be absolute light years out in front of us.

We'll be charging more for Championship football next season than they will in the PL. 

We can't keep preying on our support base like that.

People who haven't had it passed down to them by their dads won't go near Hillsborough.

You don't have much confidence in Bruce then?

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:21, gurujuan said:

We need to up the tempo next season. The top three all move the ball at pace, while we are ponderous with our passing, even under Bruce. It’s not just about having quicker players, although of course pace helps, we just need to move the ball quicker. 

Most foreign coaches are aware of this, and to his credit, Wilder has taken it on board. Actually we have quicker players than United, but unlike United’s players, who are always on the move, our possession is slow and predictable. This is something that has always been labelled at Bruce’s teams, and it needs to change if we really want to challenge. It’s a good first step, being difficult to beat, but it will only take us so far.

One of the big culprits of this is Bannan who doesn't like to make the quick easy pass, preferring to look for the Hollywood ball. He is a good player but needs to use his skills to better effect 

On 28/04/2019 at 00:00, KivoOwl said:

I get the feeling it'll be another 7/8 years and a change of ownership before we can compete at the top end of the Championship again. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 27/04/2019 at 19:23, @owlstalk said:

Thank you mate

Seems a bit tight to me that - I would have thought we'd have bigger odds than that

Bookies aren't daft, they will have noted our form since Bruce took over. 

We'll be charging more for Championship football next season than they will in the PL. 

People who haven't had it passed down to them by their dads won't go near Hillsborough.

We've been competing with them since Bruce came through door.

We're comfortably top 6 in form table. 

Clear out the dead wood and a bit of tinkering in summer and I'm confident we'll be pushing for automatic promotion next season. 

The secret of betting is to beat the odds. The requirement now the others at our previous ground (yes, we used to play at the lane) have got to the Premier League is automatic promotion next season. Don’t care what the odds are, how difficult it is or what FFP does, most supporters now expect no less. 

On 27/04/2019 at 19:25, WTF said:

As long as we finish top half, I'm putting the £500 winnings on promotion. 

I'll literally be a millionaire at this rate in 14 seasons booooom 

If we do finish top half I get £1000.

Im then putting £20 of it on us winning promotion next season - why, well my wife has already claimed the rest :duntmatter:

• Like 1

On 28/04/2019 at 08:21, gurujuan said:

We need to up the tempo next season. The top three all move the ball at pace, while we are ponderous with our passing, even under Bruce. It’s not just about having quicker players, although of course pace helps, we just need to move the ball quicker. 

Most foreign coaches are aware of this, and to his credit, Wilder has taken it on board. Actually we have quicker players than United, but unlike United’s players, who are always on the move, our possession is slow and predictable. This is something that has always been labelled at Bruce’s teams, and it needs to change if we really want to challenge. It’s a good first step, being difficult to beat, but it will only take us so far.

Speed of foot is only as useful for end product as speed of mind. 

Look at helan was lightening, in a straight line without the ball at his feet. 

On the ball on the other hand he was bloody useless if he couldn't just run in a straight line. 

Oh give over with this absolute misery,

The Pigs promotion really has led to some nonsense and fear mongering.

How many light years did they go ahead of us in 2007?

Have you forgotten their boardroom isues.

And ignore our form under Bruce if you want.

6 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

Sky Bet as us as 16/1 for the title, 4/1 to get promoted and 12/1 to get relegated!!

they currently have Fulham as 8/1 fav for the title 

This might work as 800+/1 decent triple... Win the Championship, get promoted and then get relegated after a 96 point deduction.

On 27/04/2019 at 19:23, @owlstalk said:

Thank you mate

Seems a bit tight to me that - I would have thought we'd have bigger odds than that

I think the bookies might look at who is in charge, a guy known for getting promoted with a team who on current form under him would be in the playoffs. Those bookies are clever and usually right, next season could be exciting if the summer goes well and everyone comes back fit.

If you think that the blades wage bill is one third of ours and the transfer costs of players about one tenth-and they have used Leon Clark and Gary Maxine, logical odds would have been easily in our favour. So forget the odds, what has happened is seriously embarrassing for us and the response has to be massive.