What's the odds on Wednesday going up next season?

9 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

16/1 to win league with sky bet. Looks like we’ll be middle of road with bookies. Already quite a few with shorter odds 

Thank you mate

Seems a bit tight to me that - I would have thought we'd have bigger odds than that

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you mate

Seems a bit tight to me that - I would have thought we'd have bigger odds than that

It will definitely change. I think it’s usual case while half the league aren’t being offered a price as of yet. They won’t want to give much away. I reckon we’ll be about 25/1 in the summer to win the league 

• Thanks 1

I think assuming things like this puts us under unnecessary pressure from the off. Think peeps need to lower their expectations. See what happens over the summer and let our performances do the talking. Rather than just assuming were gonna be promotion contenders. 

Gonna be a big rebuild job if finances allow. 

Edited by English Man
  • Like 1

It's looking like Cardiff will be joining Fulham and Hudders coming down. I don't see them as runaways. No one really coming up from League one. I think one of Leeds or Aston Villa will be still in the league, along with West Brom and Derby as the heavy weights. Bristol will fall away so Forest and Middlesborough making up the numbers.

We've held our own over the last six months with essentially top 4-6th form with a squad he inherited with no confidence and significant injuries.

With SB having a full pre-season i think we'll carry this on this form, and be challenging the top 2 by christmas. I expect the bookies will have us 6-10 favourites but they'd be estimating us IMO.

1 hour ago, English Man said:

I think assuming things like this puts us under unnecessary pressure from the off. Think peeps need to lower their expectations. See what happens over the summer and let our performances do the talking. Rather than just assuming were gonna be promotion contenders. 

Gonna be a big rebuild job if finances allow. 

absolutely spot on ,

54 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

They don't usually compile a market until they know the teams who are in it. If skybet are offering 16-1 it seems generous based on our performance since SB took over.

The lazy buggers, I know who are playing in our league next season and unlike the Owlsman I don't read tea leaves.

At 16/1 id say we are a bit short to win it, given we dont know alot of the variables. So unbackable at that price for me. 

Personally at this stage id be looking for 33/1 to get me interested. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1