I’m disappointed but also relieved...

... that the playoffs are now out of reach. Why? Because my nerves were in shreds. 

The silver lining is that it allows Steve Bruce to totally focus on his planning and also, next week, take a look at some of those players he has to make decisions about. 

This season is over now and I'm glad to be honest. Will turn up next week and stay behind to applaud the team until the last man has left the pitch. Then I'm gonna have a break from footy. Pigs going up and Liverpool winning the league was my fear this season and at least one of those has happened. Screw watching that unfold. Sky sports is off and will stay off for a bit. There's a whole world out there for me that isn't footy related. And my lads footy season is over too so I need a break from that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seen enough to know he's a man with a plan.

He's also shown himself to be tactically flexible as we've seen in the last few games. 

He'll already have an idea I'm sure of who is staying and who is going. 

I'll be stunned if he's not already been in touch with one or two players sounding them out for next season. 

Of course not everything in the garden is rosy because of of FFP. 

But I've enough confidence in the man that he'll build a competitive team whatever players he brings in.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I'm really looking forward to the close season. There should be lots of changes and for some, it's overdue. 

Im looking forward to this summer. I think we will see a totally different team come August. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, shandypants said:

... that the playoffs are now out of reach. Why? Because my nerves were in shreds. 

The silver lining is that it allows Steve Bruce to totally focus on his planning and also, next week, take a look at some of those players he has to make decisions about. 

It was never realistic was it. A failed play-off campaign might have done more harm than good in terms of preparing for next season. 

We have done amazingly well to look like finishing 9th or 10th considering where we were when Jos finally got the boot and now we have a manager in place who is capable of doing well with the basis of the team that we can maintain and will have good connections to make good us of the loan market. Give him a summer to prepare us further and I doubt we will be starting next season with Hutchinson in the number 10 role and conceding 3 goals at a newly promoted team as we did this season. 

Guest mkowl
17 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

This season is over now and I'm glad to be honest. Will turn up next week and stay behind to applaud the team until the last man has left the pitch. Then I'm gonna have a break from footy. Pigs going up and Liverpool winning the league was my fear this season and at least one of those has happened. Screw watching that unfold. Sky sports is off and will stay off for a bit. There's a whole world out there for me that isn't footy related. And my lads footy season is over too so I need a break from that. 

Fixtures out 20th June :Sid:

3 minutes ago, manicowl said:

If the season was six games longer we'd have done it. Can't wait for next year. Three weak teams coming down. We'll be up there.

They aren’t great but there will be some strength in the form the 3 in the ploffs  that won’t make it.

Either Leeds or Villa need to go up ideally.

14 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

If I was going to grumble I'd say he should have realised Onomah was having a seriously off game and should have been yanked at half time but it was a great comeback so no point complaining overall :)

Be glad to see the back of him to be honest. If he starts ambling down south with the same application, enthusiasm and vigour he's shown for us on loan here... 

He may reach London and get back to spurs sometime around 2030.

Edited by shezzas left peg

4 minutes ago, manicowl said:

If the season was six games longer we'd have done it. Can't wait for next year. Three weak teams coming down. We'll be up there.

Think Cardiff will be strong if Warnock stays, can't see them losing players.

Huddersfield are a poor side even for this division, Fulham will lose players, too many big time charlies won't fancy championship, plus I don't think Parker will make a good manager.

We need to see what squad is like before we set our expectations, but think playoffs is a good possibility.

fair play to Bruce,id written this season off in January

if our players had a bit more bottle I think we'd have got into playoffs

I'm glad the seasons over now

and we can freshen up the team.

been needed doing for 3 seasons now

westbrom are team we need to get promotion via playoffs

I expected to end as an 'if only season.' However they went from looking like they could go down to a chance of the playoffs with 2 games left.

A good manager and the only solace we might get from the pigs going up is you don't have to spaff loads of cash to get promoted. 

Get an effective system, get plays to fit that system and with some graft you will not be far away.

Don't we find out next week what the accounts for last season are have to be filed with companies house by 30 April. Losses last season were 20.8m less allowable expenses.

Some of the loss will be taken out for Profit and Sustainability allowable expense but we will get idea how much in the brown stuff we are and how many players will need to be sold to balance the books.

it could be a great summer of rebuilding or a very quiet one with an embargo. We pray for the best but fear the worst.