Thirty nine years ago...

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

51989025_2102953656462170_931532772474880000_o.jpg

Thirty-nine years ago on the 16th February, Chesterfield came back from Hillsborough with a point after Geoff Salmons drove in a late, late goal to make the scores three-all.

The photo from the lens of Alan Roe shows Alan Crawford netting our second goal. The drama continued after the final whistle in the players' tunnel, when Bill Green reportedly gripped Terry Curran by the throat to offer his observations on the day's events.

Anyone go to this one? 

Yes I was there. Went through many emotions that day. 

3 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Didn't know that. 

Anyway for Chezzie to go up now they'd need 48 points for a win and nobody else to get anything.

I'm convinced the Chezzie hate us more than those dimwits down at S2.

I went a few times to Saltergate and never saw us win, although there was another 3-3 draw at there place one Boxing Day. 

Boxing Day, did I say Boxing day. I feel another thread coming on.

:tango:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Watto said:

When did Alan Crawford play for us?

Thought we were in stripes ?

Never played for us, think it means Chesterfield goal. 

Crawford played for them, Rotherham and I think Cardiff City.

Edit: Checked and he played for Bristol City not Cardiff, also played for Exeter. 

Edited by bradowl

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Didn't we also draw 3-3 at their place with Ian Poterfield scoring direct from a corner.....or is my memory mixing up all sorts of different games?

Yes we did , boxing day , we were 2-0 up , then 3-2 down before equalising late on 

49 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I'm convinced the Chezzie hate us more than those dimwits down at S2.

I went a few times to Saltergate and never saw us win, although there was another 3-3 draw at there place one Boxing Day. 

Boxing Day, did I say Boxing day. I feel another thread coming on.

:tango:

We only ever won once at saltergate , 3-1 , think it was 04-05 season when we got promoted , it was never a good ground for Wedneday that one 

Yeah ................cracking game, remember Big jack tearing a strip off Curran after for trying to get a fourth goal instead of time wasting which led to their equalizer.

That had to be as good a Chesterfield side as they have had in my lifetime....Crawford, Salmons, Moss, Bonnyman ,and Danny Wilson of course.