Playoffs ?

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Serious point as well even if we sneaked in this squad is so far off Premier League standard that one transfer window would not sort it enough to be even marginally competitive 

It would be embarrassing

The way to survive is build a very good nucleus of players like Brighton did to get promotion that with say 4 key signings thereafter

To be fair, that applies to United’s squad too. They would have to invest tens of millions. A consistent style of play and system only gets you so far. Just look at Huddersfield this season, they’re barely competing now.

Edited by Castleford Owl

wont happen, spunked too many points away.

shows how crap the league is when we see how crap weve been, yet had we took the extra 2 points (as we should've) in the two WBA games, and scored v Reading when dominating last week, we would be right in the thick of it, 3 points off play-offs!!

not to mention loads of other games weve thrown points away.. this squad is good at that, even in the CC years.

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

7th in the league Derby ....have just 7 points more than us...and we have been reyt shyte for most of the season.

Could quite easily be joint 8th a week on Monday and just as easily be joint 17th. Anyfink can happen :biggrin:

Absolutely, but we'll need help, that is, other teams have to W-D-L as appropriate.  Very, very tight, from 8th Place, to 18th Place, and really all through the Table, position is, and will be, heavily influenced by GD.

Case in point.  Swansea, Saturday last.  Swansea is in 12th Place, Wednesday is in 15th, 100% because of GD.  SWFC put a dent in the Swansea GD.

Case in point.  Brentford has 43 points, Wednesday has 44, thing is, if Brentford wins, their +11 GD will take them up the table much further than simply another 3 points.

Playoffs?  To my mind, it's not that long of a shot, but is a long-shot,  we're 9 points away, and looking more coherent every day.  All Wednesday can do is win, that's the best that can be done, where we finish is no longer entirely in our own hands...win or lose, I'll be around next season, supporting SWFC.   

Guest Kagoshimaowl
20 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

No chance! 

If we stuff the pigs and finish top half that would be a result.

A stuffing would obviously be good but I think I’d take more satisfaction in them playing better and us getting a proxy win. My piggy mates would whine so much that it would be hilarious!!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, ronnie said:

12 points from last 6 league games. 

Just saying. 

lol

Top 2 form that is.

:duntmatter:

Good point but it’s a shame the majority of the season has been poo !!

4 games ago there were too many teams between us an the top 6. Even if we won our games others would and we won't make it. Blah blah blah. 

We've chucked away 4 points against West brom alone this season. 3 draws out of the last 4 games, if we'd won 1 of those added to the brom points and were 3 points and 1 team between us and the top 6.

Its probably too late now but it wasn't a few games ago. This league is wide open from top to bottom. If we keep winning games and playing like we did last Saturday then I'll be happy, but it'll also increase my hate and disdain for that mustachioed bellend. 

8 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We blew that when we drew 3 games with bottom 5 teams and snatched draws from winning positions with West Brom. 

Saying that, if we win our next 2 I'll be in the believe camp! 

This will be our regret at the end of the season. As well as sticking with mustache boy for too long. 

What a waste of a season.