Playoffs ?

I know this thread is a wind up but before the reading game I fancied us for a run at it. Got ripped to pieces on here. Too many teams between us and the playoffs was the main comment. We then went and drew 3 on the trot which justified the stance many took. 

If we'd won those 3 instead of drawing them we'd be 3 points off 6th place. 

I know if my aunt etc but there's fine margins and owt can happen in this league. What could have been eh. 

Serious point as well even if we sneaked in this squad is so far off Premier League standard that one transfer window would not sort it enough to be even marginally competitive 

It would be embarrassing

The way to survive is build a very good nucleus of players like Brighton did to get promotion that with say 4 key signings thereafter

18 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think if you look at the April fixture list you would re-assess

I think we’ll do a lot better than a lot on here think in April. I can see us turning over Leeds as their not as fluent now as they were earlier in the season. Also I think we’ll do Bristol City because their due one of their long losing streaks after their recent amazing run? ;-)

19 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think we’ll do a lot better than a lot on here think in April. I can see us turning over Leeds as their not as fluent now as they were earlier in the season. Also I think we’ll do Bristol City because their due one of their long losing streaks after their recent amazing run? ;-)

I am hoping we have the 50 points by then, safety first and all that. But it will be the acid test for the squad and Bruce. Agree we might just surprise one or two 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I am hoping we have the 50 points by then, safety first and all that. But it will be the acid test for the squad and Bruce. Agree we might just surprise one or two 

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season we’ve turned it around quite well since Jos’ departure.

1 defeat in 11 games. 20 points from 33 and 8 goals conceded which is a marked improvement on the 40 conceded in the first 22 games. If we were higher up the table this run would be more noticed but because we’re not it’s not such a bad thing as we can just go about our business :cool:

• Like 1

It's a funny league. 

We might not have collected many points in the last 5 'winnable' games but that's not to say we won't against the so caed better teams. 

Its true that we need almost a 100 pct run but stranger things have happened

Our max total is 83.

• Like 1