Abdi - could it be?

12 hours ago, robswfc said:

No way should we be giving Abdi chances ahead of others that need game time I’m afraid. Biggest waste of money we’ve ever had. Wouldn’t offer him a new contract even if he started and scored in all the remaining fixtures..

Are you sure about that? 

11 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

That’s crazy talk.. if he can come on the pitch, make the decisive passes we’ve been missing and scores a few I’ll drive and pick him up for every game.

Moreover (and I agree a lot of money has been lost on him)... it’s not his fault he’s struggled with injury! 

abdi is a liability end of

On 21/02/2019 at 14:43, Lord Snooty said:

Still slightly surprised at Matias's recent squad omissions given he's one of the few with a yard of pace in his boots and he's actually nicked a couple of goals this year.

That and the fact we've adopted a system which he was playing in in Portugal when we signed him.

I'd like to think it means he won't be allowed to steal a living at Hillsborough any longer and will be gone in the suumer.

Massive wage thief. He wants to think himself lucky Abdi's taken the spotlight from him.

8 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I'd like to think it means he won't be allowed to steal a living at Hillsborough any longer and will be gone in the suumer.

Massive wage thief. He wants to think himself lucky Abdi's taken the spotlight from him.

True.  I think there's not chance of him being offered another deal in the summer. But while he's here and fit and an option... as I said especially with us having a lack of pace and goalscoring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

True.  I think there's not chance of him being offered another deal in the summer. But while he's here and fit and an option... as I said especially with us having a lack of pace and goalscoring.

That is a fair point.Snoots.

But I'd still rather we concentrated on the lads we know will be here next season. That said, we're paying him so why not play him in an emergency?

4 minutes ago, Steelman said:

That is a fair point.Snoots.

But I'd still rather we concentrated on the lads we know will be here next season. That said, we're paying him so why not play him in an emergency?

Exactly. Got to suspect he'll be off to warmer climes come May.

Wih Fernando now missing a game (and did Bruce say Boyd is badly?)

I think we'd surely be looking at all the available attacking options.

1 hour ago, Brando17 said:

abdi is a liability end of

It’s been a financial disaster but anyone that understands team games, will recognise that if you can add a player (regardless of circumstance ) to the team that has those quality passes for forwards to thrive on, the whole momentum and dynamic of the playing staff is lifted.

Now I don’t know if he still has it in his locker.

Hopefully he has. 

If he has (and obviously fit) I’ll take that please because the quality of our final pass is very average at best.

its all conjecture if he is not going to be match fit but if he is it’ll be like having a new player and certainly a new dimension.

End of

55 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

It’s been a financial disaster but anyone that understands team games, will recognise that if you can add a player (regardless of circumstance ) to the team that has those quality passes for forwards to thrive on, the whole momentum and dynamic of the playing staff is lifted.

Now I don’t know if he still has it in his locker.

Hopefully he has. 

If he has (and obviously fit) I’ll take that please because the quality of our final pass is very average at best.

its all conjecture if he is not going to be match fit but if he is it’ll be like having a new player and certainly a new dimension.

End of

Didn't he wee on Chansiri's cornflakes or something??

lol

Wouldn't matter if he had the final pass of Zidane.

We won't be seeing him again in a Wednesday shirt.

I don't think I've every been as disappointed with a signing as much as Abdi.

He wasn't the midfield beast we needed after the play off final but he was a luxury signing and absolutely head and shoulders above any midfielder we had in the squad.

Through injury and mismanagement (Carlos and his shore horn) we have never seen the real Abdi and sadly we never will now, it's been an expensive mistake on something that could and should have delivered more.

He had all the attributes to be a fans favorite and even reach legendary status.

Edited by Blue and white

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I don't think I've every been as disappointed with a signing as much as Abdi.

He wasn't the midfield beast we needed after the play off final but he was a luxury signing and absolutely head and shoulders above any midfielder we had in the squad.

Through injury and mismanagement (Carlos and his shore horn) we have never seen the real Abdi and sadly we never will now, it's been an expensive mistake on something that could and should have delivered more.

He had all the attributes to be a fans favorite and even reach legendary status.

Agree, I beat myself up over this signing for quite a while, what could have been....

Edited by Morepork

23 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

That’s crazy talk.. if he can come on the pitch, make the decisive passes we’ve been missing and scores a few I’ll drive and pick him up for every game.

Moreover (and I agree a lot of money has been lost on him)... it’s not his fault he’s struggled with injury! 

He's never been fit for more than a week during his nearly 3 years at the club. Even if he managed to get fit and play the rest of the season we'd be completely mad to offer him a new deal, as the chances he will break down again are extremely high. Can't actually believe people still want to see him get a chance. There's no sentiment in football, and certainly not for players that haven't contributed anything in more than 2 years!

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Agree, I beat myself up over this signing for quite a while, what could have been....

Rhodes comes close but I genuinely believe he will have a chance under Bruce and he will get the best out of him.

There is every chance we will see the real Jordan Rhodes next season, watch this space.

1 hour ago, robswfc said:

He's never been fit for more than a week during his nearly 3 years at the club. Even if he managed to get fit and play the rest of the season we'd be completely mad to offer him a new deal, as the chances he will break down again are extremely high. Can't actually believe people still want to see him get a chance. There's no sentiment in football, and certainly not for players that haven't contributed anything in more than 2 years!

I have not suggested he should get a new contract.

Now that would be insane