Abdi - could it be?

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Still slightly surprised at Matias's recent squad omissions given he's one of the few with a yard of pace in his boots and he's actually nicked a couple of goals this year.

That and the fact we've adopted a system which he was playing in in Portugal when we signed him.

He’s poor technically. Usain Bolt is quick and without a club, likely because he’s no good on the deck either. 

In Bruce we trust. 

4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

is this the stage of the season where he makes his big come back? plays in the last 2 games and looks a world beater, we offer him a new 3 year deal, then in the summer his leg falls off?

A bit like the donkey...taking us for a ride!!

5 hours ago, agentwalker said:

is this the stage of the season where he makes his big come back? plays in the last 2 games and looks a world beater, we offer him a new 3 year deal, then in the summer his leg falls off?

If I NewYou any better I would think you are taking a dig LOL

31 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Differences aside, if he's fit and excelling in training, then he shouldn't be excluded. We have a job to do. They've all lost their mojo somewhere. I'd rather see Bruce cobble anything together from this squad. Outcasts included. 

Bruce needs to find a way of getting the best out of players who might be around next year. Abdi is unlikely to be one of those.

I don't agree with excluding players generally but there's a difference between excluding players and deciding to give the place to someone else on footballing grounds.

To be honest I'd wrap Abdi in cotton wool for his own sake. If he gets injured between now and the end of the season he might be injured for another 3 years.

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

Bruce needs to find a way of getting the best out of players who might be around next year. Abdi is unlikely to be one of those.

I don't agree with excluding players generally but there's a difference between excluding players and deciding to give the place to someone else on footballing grounds.

To be honest I'd wrap Abdi in cotton wool for his own sake. If he gets injured between now and the end of the season he might be injured for another 3 years.

I agree with the merit of your post, but the fact remains he is a player on contract, irrespective of leaving in the summer. He's training with the squad, and if he can be utilised in any way, then he should be afforded that opportunity. Granted, I am a little dubious of this constant injury, dumbing down malarkey. He ain't injured, and certainly doesn't warrant this dubious tag. Something else afoot I fear, and not injury related. 

7 minutes ago, s73owl said:

@S36 OWL will be kicking himself because he didn't think of that one :Sid: and I've just seen sid's back, best news I've had in ages 

Indiana Snoots and his GF Stubbs musta caught up with Hargreaves. I guess we'll get the final instalment of Raiders of the Lost Pipe in the next OMDT. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Cant be any worse than Bannan has been lately. Id rather have him on bench than Pelupessy.

ABDI TIME

Aint nobody,

Like Almen Abdi.

Made me happy,

When he scored his goal !

You must be a miserable sod for the past few years as he's only scored once for us

:ghoulguy: