Fans yesterday

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Look forward to the day when we can clap politely and hear the players shout to each other, we don't need all this fuss and nonsense we need more middle class fans.

What's that got to do with why some bloke with an orange high vis was scrapping? I'm not condemning it I actually found it hilarious, none of them could fight sleep. 

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

What do we do, wait until somebody does die?

In fairness mate I don't think anyone's gonna die as a result of aggressive pointing and chanting and anyone going yesterday not expecting the paedo chants would have been very naive.

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I much preferred the seventies non off that pointing malarkey 

Mind you you did have to dodge the Darts , coins acid and stanley knives as well as the odd half housbrick  reigning down on you .

When the opposition chanted 'yougoinggetyourfuckingheadkickedin', you know they meant it and would try and oblige before the day was done.

Didn't see any trouble all day, went back to local social club at Masboro after game where they were a mixture of both fans and nowt went off though plod turned up demanding that all Wednesday fans had to leave and return to Sheffield, not one of us were from Sheffield. :tango:

Someone had tipped em off that there were hundreds of Wednesday fans in this club, I bet they weren't 40 in it including Rotherham fans. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

Bit of a local derby yesterday though mate and going a goal up you would have thought there would have been a bit more enthusiasm. Looks like apathy has really set in now, and I totally get why.

We were a goal up for 1 minute. The fans sang and bounced the whole time!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

What do we do, wait until somebody does die?

Finger pointing and chanting “town full of peado’s” as never killed anyone...lighten up n relax. If you don’t like our fans or the songs that get sung in these derby games, don’t go to the games.

Jeez there’s some sensitive on here who have lead very sheltered lives!! 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

We had a real bunch of idiots near us and it does make you wonder.

They decided they weren’t going anywhere near their seats and wanted to spend the whole game stood in the gangway doing some aggressive pointing and chanting “ a town full of paedo’s “

Thankfully the stewards managed to shift them . 

How is chanting that supporting our team 

Chanting derogatory remarks to opposing fans/team is nothing new, it's been going on for decades. I would imagine that fans of all teams do this.

I saw one of our idiots start on a group of about 20+ immediately after the game. He'd been in the home end like me. He got a bit of a shoeing but what pleased me most was loads of other Rotherham fans stepping in and saying that's enough, effectively sending their own off. 

I think camera phones have made people a lot less 'brave' when it comes to bother and that is a great thing too. 30 years ago the lad would've been lucky to walk again. Instead he had a few bruises and a fat lip. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

Is this really what football ( or should that be soccer) has really come to?

people been offended at chants at other fans. Perhaps we shouldn’t have chanted “ that’s why you’re going down” as it may have really upset them. Grow up ya set of fannies.