Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest domSWFC

Maybe we could poach a couple of players from Newcastle whilst their management are distracted by the cricket. 

IMG_20190725_094935.png

Guest wilyfox
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

We do need bodies in midfield though.

Yes, but with attributes we don't already have. McEachran would have played second fiddle to Bannan. He's our goto technical mid. Use Kieran Lee as cover. We need someone 6'2", athletic, with drive and presence. Don't sign players in duplicate or triplicate when there are qualities we don't have in that position. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes, but with attributes we don't already have. McEachran would have played second fiddle to Bannan. He's our goto technical mid. Use Kieran Lee as cover. We need someone 6'2", athletic, with drive and presence. Don't sign players in duplicate or triplicate when there are qualities we don't have in that position. 

In our current financial situation, we need to be realistic of who can join. Personally think on a free McEachran would have been decent. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In our current financial situation, we need to be realistic of who can join. Personally think on a free McEachran would have been decent. 

Decent, but would not have improved us in any which way. Our midfield needs beefing up. McEachran would not do that. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

How can make descions on incomings without a manager 

We're told all can be done via Skype and FaceTime providing the internet still works. 

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

See clearly on the phone telling Hughton to get the contract signed.

Probably making another complaint about Steve Bruce. 

57 minutes ago, modboy said:

Screenshot_20190725-122325.thumb.png.83d87286a9d70a353e58b8be9612ddaf.png

Just the time we could do with the owner over in the UK looking for a new manager he's in the states on holiday , so who is interviewing ?

Our owner thinks "family first", it comes from his culture. I think that either we already have the manager just waiting for DC to get back to the UK to finalize the contract, or he thinks that the current candidates are not what he wants and is prepared to wait.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Our owner thinks "family first", it comes from his culture. I think that either we already have the manager just waiting for DC to get back to the UK to finalize the contract, or he thinks that the current candidates are not what he wants and is prepared to wait.

Wait for who?  So we wait for a manager to get the sack which is unlikely to happen for at least 10+ games into the season. Which means  a quarter of the season is over,  in the mean tine we just drift. Then the rest of the season for the new man to say i cant change thing over night  conclusion season over. Season ticket money well spent

Because of all the financial crap, I've never felt that this is the season when we rise from the ashes. The rebuilding process just started July 1st and it takes a while to find all the right pieces in the puzzle, it's already hard without someone telling you that you cannot use any money.

I'm not in panic mode because the fact is that Bullen knows the players very well. He may not be a great manager but he'll survive nevertheless. We have new, fresh players in the squad which is a big plus. They don't need SB, we don't need SB. I'd rather wait a while for the right person than just grab someone and say that here's our new manager, please try to work with him. We know that DC does not sack managers easily so better wait for someone who is willing to come and stay here. This transfer window has been lost for a while already. January is the bigger one in my opinion.

According to reports in Croatia, Dinamo Zagreb have accepted a €7m offer from Birmingham City for Ivan Sunjic.

Several reports in Sunjic’s homeland of Croatia have claimed that a deal has now been agreed between the two clubs with the 22-year-old set to fly to England for contract talks.

Queens Park Rangers 'poised to snap up' Owls' £10m striker as club look to trim front-line

Queens Park Rangers have been reportedly offered the opportunity to sign Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes on loan, as the Owls look to whittle down their attacking options before the new season begins.