Thank You, Mr Chansiri

14 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

ฉันว่าคุณชาญศิริยังคงดิ้นรนกับภาษาอังกฤษมากแค่ไหน ไม่ได้ติดตามคำถามหรืออย่างน้อยบริบทและความหมาย สำหรับฉันนี่คือเหตุผลหลักที่อยู่เบื้องหลังความสับสนและการสื่อสารผิดพลาดที่เกิดขึ้นรอบ ๆ สโมสรตั้งแต่เขามาถึง ฉันเชื่อว่า DC เป็นมนุษย์ที่ดีและมีเกียรติที่ต้องการสิ่งที่ดีที่สุดสำหรับสโมสรของเราอย่างแท้จริงและมุ่งมั่นที่จะทำทุกอย่างเท่าที่จะทำได้เพื่อบรรลุเป้าหมายนี้ เมื่อการสื่อสารของเขาดีขึ้นและสโมสรและประธานปรับตัวเข้ากับความแตกต่างทางวัฒนธรรมฉันทำนายอนาคตที่สดใ

9C1B7AE0-62DE-4422-99FC-553A5CD98CED.png

I fookin' knew you were gonna do that lol

• Haha 3

Just me that doesn’t see the problem with someone asking “how the sale of the club is going” seeing as he’s said nothing to retract that statement and that kinda heavily would impact Steve Bruce? 

Hes not always infront of the media and it’s kind of a big deal 

I like Chansiri, but he should have anticipated the question, and have had a canned answer ready. Rehearsed if necessary. 

The topic needs shutting down, quickly, at least in the short term whilst the Bruce era kicks off. 

He needs to be far more professional, regardless of the language issues.

7 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Just me that doesn’t see the problem with someone asking “how the sale of the club is going” seeing as he’s said nothing to retract that statement and that kinda heavily would impact Steve Bruce? 

No big deal to me, its obvious he doesn't want to sell, he has made a statement by bringing in bruce and 3 deadline day signings, he would have been off well before now with the flack he's had, so now hes given us what most wanted, why critises him further.

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Must admit that before yesterday's press conference I was pretty deflated about us as a club. But the new man spoke with clarity and confidence and I have to admit that I'm feeling a lot more upbeat about the future. It'll be a big job but in Steve Bruce we have a manager who knows the league and knows what it takes to get us to the next level.

I’m with you there, the conspiracy theories surrounding everything didn’t help. But now I’m happy it’s been confirmed that players weren’t being dropped due to contracts, and Chansiri is only controlling spending due to FFP and otherwise he would spend loads. 

Now we have a top manager, we just need the FFP rules to be adjusted to be less restrictive - or other clubs to suffer - then we will be back amongst the top half soon enough. Something I didn’t think would be able to happen only 2 months ago when Jos was still here and things looked bleak with all the uncertainty 

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

What I glean from it is...DC was p *ssed off with the fans criticising...There are posters who still say He never said he put the club up for sale...but he did actually say it..he admits that in the interview...

Did he mean it?

It seems not.

Which is fair enough, but I still think there is a disconnect, and its purely financial...WEdnesday fans do not have the cash to put into the club that DC thinks they should put into the club.

No matter how much he espouses his 1867 initiatives, his POTG prices, he is totally unaware of the fact that yer ordinary Wednesday fan, simply does not have the money!

I see fans posting..."Yea but I bought the 3 year season ticket and it only works out at...whatever per game"

Theres f.ookin' thousands who simply cannot afford to lump the initial sum out...thousands!!!..What do they do...put their families into debt..for football?

The wife might not be an Owlsfan...might not like football ..might think a family holiday is more important...and she's probably f.ookin' right!

I think Delphjon looks at Arsenal, Chelsea Spurs....etc..Its different up here...its totally different.

Chelsea used to get far worse crowds than us, Its football tourism in London, cos its London...

WEst Ham....60'000 hammers now?...wait til that goes t*ts and they will all trawl from East London to North..or West.

Sheffield Wednesdays fan base is mainly Sheffield....We have nowhere else to go...nor would we want to.

The only place a Wednesday fan goes when he can't afford it..is f.ookin' home....

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I really felt for him yesterday with that clown of a journalist trying to derail and destroy the Steve Bruce welcome.

It was completely ill-timed and innappropriate.

We really should celebrate Mr Delphon Chansiri and show him some afftection.

It is not so long ago that we had the snake Richards as Chairman who kept "Fancy Dans" Wilson on as manager thereby selling us down the river to land his lucrative role at the Premier League.

Then later we had Dave Allen as Chairman who felt it was necessary to sue a Wednesday fan suffering from cancer just for stating opposing views.

Maybe we do not really appreciate how fortunate we are.

DC deserves a lot of credit for the good things he has done, BUT he is still making massive mistakes over ticket prices .

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

What I glean from it is...DC was p *ssed off with the fans criticising...There are posters who still say He never said he put the club up for sale...but he did actually say it..he admits that in the interview...

Did he mean it?

It seems not.

Which is fair enough, but I still think there is a disconnect, and its purely financial...WEdnesday fans do not have the cash to put into the club that DC thinks they should put into the club.

No matter how much he espouses his 1867 initiatives, his POTG prices, he is totally unaware of the fact that yer ordinary Wednesday fan, simply does not have the money!

I see fans posting..."Yea but I bought the 3 year season ticket and it only works out at...whatever per game"

Theres f.ookin' thousands who simply cannot afford to lump the initial sum out...thousands!!!..What do they do...put their families into debt..for football?

The wife might not be an Owlsfan...might not like football ..might think a family holiday is more important...and she's probably f.ookin' right!

I think Delphjon looks at Arsenal, Chelsea Spurs....etc..Its different up here...its totally different.

Chelsea used to get far worse crowds than us, Its football tourism in London, cos its London...

WEst Ham....60'000 hammers now?...wait til that goes t*ts and they will all trawl from East London to North..or West.

Sheffield Wednesdays fan base is mainly Sheffield....We have nowhere else to go...nor would we want to.

The only place a Wednesday fan goes when he can't afford it..is f.ookin' home....

Can't disagree with any of that TBF

Don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke but keep reading how he has made a few mistakes and now learned from them. 

Bruce is a step in right direction but things like 1867 scheme show he has learned from mistakes not nearly as much as he should.

Will wait and see if we get another embargo but if we do think he deserves a lot of criticism.

And don't get me started on ticket prices.

1 hour ago, debram said:

No big deal to me, its obvious he doesn't want to sell, he has made a statement by bringing in bruce and 3 deadline day signings, he would have been off well before now with the flack he's had, so now hes given us what most wanted, why critises him further.

But he still said it... regardless of why, he said he was putting Sheffield Wednesday up for sale 1 month ago. So why would the media be so heavily criticised for asking about it? That’s what I’m getting at. 

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke but keep reading how he has made a few mistakes and now learned from them. 

Bruce is a step in right direction but things like 1867 scheme show he has learned from mistakes not nearly as much as he should.

Will wait and see if we get another embargo but if we do think he deserves a lot of criticism.

And don't get me started on ticket prices.

What makes me laugh is how people say he needs to learn from mistakes etc. He has been here 4 years! If he still hasn’t grasped that poo like club 1867 isn’t going to work then I don’t have much confidence for the next 4 years either. 

Im crossing everything that Bruce works a miracle and gets us out the poo, because DC is a destructive force- whether his heart is in the right place or not.