OFFICIAL: Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar sign

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm going back as far as we started spending money mate - can't recall any optimism from you when Westwood, Lees, Forestieri, Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Joao, Hooper, etc signed. The only time I've honestly seen you comment is when you're not happy or think they are ok but prefer better.

As for the above question, Rhodes for starters was a goal machine and that signing even had all my United-supporting mates envious. Winnall for £500k with his record at Barnsley was a no brainer. Boyd and Jones came with bags of quality and experience of being promoted - heck Boyd was every present the previous season in the Premier League and was offer an extension by Burnley. More of the most recent signings have been a bit meh, but that resembles our financial constraints. Don't mind people expressing their opinion on 'meh' signings, but at least post your positive thoughts when we sign a good 'un too.

At the end of the day mate, it’s all about opinions, but on the contrary, I was super enthusiastic about that first wave of signings. Only Hooper I questioned, and he went on to prove me wrong. It’s the second wave in year two, where I started to have major issues Wasn’t convinced about most of those signings, although ironically, the one I had high hopes for, Abdi, has proved to be one of the biggest flops. I’m sure there were plenty of people who looked at the record of Rhodes, and thought he would be a great signing. For me, looking at his game, I thought he would be wrong for the way we wanted to play. In fact, for the way the game was evolving. It was pretty much my feelings regarding Winnall as well, I feel he doesn’t have the necessary technique. However, at the price we paid for him, there was always the possibility to make a quick profit, providing we didn’t hold on to him too long. Hopefully we’ve learned our lessons, and our signings will be a little more targeted. Certainly the signs are better, Hector and Onomah, were what was needed, and I’m OK about the three who’ve joined in January. Not only that, I was enthusiastic about all those we were linked with in this window. But hey ho, it’s all about opinions, and we will all have our own views on our recruitment

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I honestly don’t have a problem with bringing in these guys, just a problem with people getting carried away. The one thing they do, is address areas, and a lack of pace, which needed addressing, if only to see if we do really do have the nucleus of a decent side Whether they will eventually be the players we need, we’ll have to wait and see, but at least they give the manager the opportunity to see how the squad performs with pace in key areas. Really, I’m on board with it

Who is getting carried away?

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Where's the evidence they can all cross a ball.? 

The videos posted earlier. Don’t know owt about either of them but the one thing that stands out is the balls they put in. Yes I know it’s a video but I think you would struggle to put a video together of Palmer and fox together putting decent crosses in

• Thanks 2

Just now, Plonk said:

The videos posted earlier. Don’t know owt about either of them but the one thing that stands out is the balls they put in. Yes I know it’s a video but I think you would struggle to put a video together of Palmer and fox together putting decent crosses in

I remember Pecniks videos and thinking wow.

garymegson

I understand what you are saying. But I wouldn't be thinking that they will be an instant solution to an age old problem.

Hope I am wrong though.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

At the end of the day mate, it’s all about opinions, but on the contrary, I was super enthusiastic about that first wave of signings. Only Hooper I questioned, and he went on to prove me wrong. It’s the second wave in year two, where I started to have major issues Wasn’t convinced about most of those signings, although ironically, the one I had high hopes for, Abdi, has proved to be one of the biggest flops. I’m sure there were plenty of people who looked at the record of Rhodes, and thought he would be a great signing. For me, looking at his game, I thought he would be wrong for the way we wanted to play. In fact, for the way the game was evolving. It was pretty much my feelings regarding Winnall as well, I feel he doesn’t have the necessary technique. However, at the price we paid for him, there was always the possibility to make a quick profit, providing we didn’t hold on to him too long. Hopefully we’ve learned our lessons, and our signings will be a little more targeted. Certainly the signs are better, Hector and Onomah, were what was needed, and I’m OK about the three who’ve joined in January. Not only that, I was enthusiastic about all those we were linked with in this window. But hey ho, it’s all about opinions, and we will all have our own views on our recruitment

Fair enough mate, maybe I just notice your 'meh' comments and not the enthusiastic comments you post. I had you down as a very tough guy to please! lol

I'm hopeful that Bruce knows what's needed and therefore there is more of a guarantee with his signings - unlike the previous two managers. Does make me wonder what the last few years would have been like if we could have attracted someone like Bruce back in 2016!!

I for one am happy with the deals we made.  

Personally, I really didn't expect any players to come in, so on that front I'm very pleased.

We have desperately been crying out for some pace in the side, and now we have just that.  

The squad was getting a bit stale, and three new players in will certainly shake things up a bit.  And for the better. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Fair enough mate, maybe I just notice your 'meh' comments and not the enthusiastic comments you post. I had you down as a very tough guy to please! lol

I'm hopeful that Bruce knows what's needed and therefore there is more of a guarantee with his signings - unlike the previous two managers. Does make me wonder what the last few years would have been like if we could have attracted someone like Bruce back in 2016!!

No worries, I think part of the reason I appear to have a bad rep on these things, as I tend to shoot down a lot of the suggestions made on here, that never come to fruition anyway Certainly though, I hold my hands up to being particularly negative at the time, about our recruitment in year two In fairness though, I think a lot would say, in hindsight, that is where things started going wrong

I just hope this sees the end of me checking twitter at 2pm,every matchday, and the sinking feeling I get when I see either Palmer or Fox's names in the starting line up.Add Boyd to that also.

I know we've had to "make do" with these, under the circumstances, but Bruce has rightly identified them as the weakest links! UTO

13 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I just hope this sees the end of me checking twitter at 2pm,every matchday, and the sinking feeling I get when I see either Palmer or Fox's names in the starting line up.Add Boyd to that also.

I know we've had to "make do" with these, under the circumstances, but Bruce has rightly identified them as the weakest links! UTO

It could be that you might end up appreciating the defensive qualities of both fox and Palmer more.

I'm excited about having more pace in the side but lets wait and see whether they are better options.