OFFICIAL: Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar sign

No harm in looking at afew options and credit to the 3 lads for wanting to earn a wage instead of sitting it out.

A quick look at Lazaar's record and it does seem dreadful. Morgan Fox has nothing to worry about, Lazaar will be used to keep us further up the pitch with his pace, in the last 5 mins.

Aarons ability may help him push for a starting place and hopefully wake others up by providing competition.

Dominic Iorfa, like Aarons, has the ability and some Ipswich fans think he'll shine here.

24 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

No harm in looking at afew options and credit to the 3 lads for wanting to earn a wage instead of sitting it out.

A quick look at Lazaar's record and it does seem dreadful. Morgan Fox has nothing to worry about, Lazaar will be used to keep us further up the pitch with his pace, in the last 5 mins.

Aarons ability may help him push for a starting place and hopefully wake others up by providing competition.

Dominic Iorfa, like Aarons, has the ability and some Ipswich fans think he'll shine here.

Though maybe not on Saturday Odd that Ipswich fans think that, he wasn’t exactly a roaring success during his time there

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Though maybe not on Saturday Odd that Ipswich fans think that, he wasn’t exactly a roaring success during his time there

L**ds fans thought Lees was sh*te. Id he Cafu? No, but give him a chance, Woplves fans are gutted he is going, so that says something

51 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Ill admit to knowing nothing about all three. However im willing to give them time to see how they get on. 

Best of luck to them. 

Exactly.  At worst, we tried with a bit of a squad refresh.  At best, they take to the environment and flourish.

At least it finally looks like someone's buying based on need.

Not understanding the complaints.  fizz what Newcastle thinks.  They thought Mitrovic was expendable.

9 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The fact is we don't know how these signings will turn out.

So we don't pass judgement before they kick a ball.

I honestly don’t have a problem with bringing in these guys, just a problem with people getting carried away. The one thing they do, is address areas, and a lack of pace, which needed addressing, if only to see if we do really do have the nucleus of a decent side Whether they will eventually be the players we need, we’ll have to wait and see, but at least they give the manager the opportunity to see how the squad performs with pace in key areas. Really, I’m on board with it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Well it’s not took long. Three players with pace who can cross a ball. Something we’ve not seen for a long time. Expect Fletch to start scoring a few now!!!

Just the service rhodes needed too, what a waste of money if you dont provide the ammunition.

Talking to my mate from Newcastle and was fully expecting him to say the opposite but he spoke much more highly of Lazaar than Aarons. Reckoned he’s the one with potential whereas Aarons has lost his way. Will look forward to finding out.

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Not true at all To be fair, I have been a little reticent about a fair few of our recent signings, but with good reason Was on board with the signings of Hector and Onomah for instance. Prior to that, I knew little about Van Aken or Pelupessy, I liked the signing of Venancio, but wasn’t keen on, Boyd and Jones, meh, but Rhodes, Winnall and Fox, I definitely wasn’t keen on. How many of those do you think were great signings then? 

These three, I’m not anti at all, they are OK signings, just that. 

I'm going back as far as we started spending money mate - can't recall any optimism from you when Westwood, Lees, Forestieri, Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Joao, Hooper, etc signed. The only time I've honestly seen you comment is when you're not happy or think they are ok but prefer better.

As for the above question, Rhodes for starters was a goal machine and that signing even had all my United-supporting mates envious. Winnall for £500k with his record at Barnsley was a no brainer. Boyd and Jones came with bags of quality and experience of being promoted - heck Boyd was every present the previous season in the Premier League and was offer an extension by Burnley. More of the most recent signings have been a bit meh, but that resembles our financial constraints. Don't mind people expressing their opinion on 'meh' signings, but at least post your positive thoughts when we sign a good 'un too.

Genuinely can't get over some of the negativity over these signings. First of all I didn't expect us to sign anyone, so going to Ipswich Saturday, having addressed the areas which have needed attention for the last 2.5 years is a massive bonus! Yes we don't know a deal about these lads but at 23 Iorfa has had 80 odd appearances for wolves, he knows the league and has attributes we've been crying out for. Plus he's our player. As for the two loanees, again they are two positions we needed strengthening, and they will improve the team, without a doubt. On top of all that Steve Bruce is now in charge, and he sounds like he can't wait to get started, I'm buzzing, it's the start of a new era, with a manager who we can all get behind, he could be the next Big Ron! Get a grip and get behind them. The time for whinging has Gone, along with the likes of Jos Luhukay, enjoy the ride, UTO! COYBAWW! WAWAW!

13 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Rolando Aarons joins Wednesday

Just now

Large

Wednesday have signed Newcastle winger Rolando Aarons on loan until the end of the season.

Aarons becomes new manager Steve Bruce’s second signing, joining Dominic Iorfa at Hillsborough.

The 23-year-old made his professional debut for the Magpies against Manchester City in the Premier League during the 2014/15 season.

rolando-aarons_signs.jpg

His first goal came just two games later as Newcastle played out a 3-3 draw with Crystal Palace at St James’ Park.

The pacey wideman enjoyed a six-month loan spell with Serie A side Verona in 2017/18 before joining Slovan Liberec on a temporary move to the Czech Republic top flight at the start of the current campaign.

Aarons, who has represented England on the international stage at Under-20 level, returned to Newcastle at the beginning of January and joins the Owls on transfer deadline day.

Must be challenging being sent out on loan to different countries as a young lad and not knowing language, so should've made him mentally stronger.

Didn't realise Aarons was still so young, he looks rapid and tricky which is something we so desperately need. 

Lazaar has played 50 odd games for Palermo in Serie A so he can't be a mug. Never got a chance at Newcastle possibly because he's attack minded and Newcastle wanted him to play defensively at FB and in the prem he would get exposed. If we play him in a wing back role here I think he could surprise people. Fox is the only competition so he will play!

Both good low risk signings, have to imagine there's views to permenant signings here too (finances allowing)?

Guest Jack the Hat
6 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Must be challenging being sent out on loan to different countries as a young lad and not knowing language, so should've made him mentally stronger.

Didn't realise Aarons was still so young, he looks rapid and tricky which is something we so desperately need. 

Lazaar has played 50 odd games for Palermo in Serie A so he can't be a mug. Never got a chance at Newcastle possibly because he's attack minded and Newcastle wanted him to play defensively at FB and in the prem he would get exposed. If we play him in a wing back role here I think he could surprise people. Fox is the only competition so he will play!

Both good low risk signings, have to imagine there's views to permenant signings here too (finances allowing)?

True. When I was 18 I was sent to work in the Barnsley office for a couple of months. Its difficult not being able to understand what people around you are saying.