Our Penalty Decision

3 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Because you can't change the rules dependent on the "situation". The ref has a few seconds to react to the "incident" and decide. If he thinks its a pen, he has to blow the whistle.

Anything else would be mental and confusing for all involved.

ok fair enough but why is the drop ball uncontested?

6 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Because you can't change the rules dependent on the "situation". The ref has a few seconds to react to the "incident" and decide. If he thinks its a pen, he has to blow the whistle.

Anything else would be mental and confusing for all involved.

It's common sense.

Rules are adapted all the time in football, such as a foul in the area might get you a red whereas anywhere else it'd be a yellow etc.

so not buying that for a second 

I haven’t got a major problem with the actual VAR decisions - but if it had been at Hillsborough would be 1-1 probably.

Ask Everton if they think it’s fair.

if it is to be used in the competition it should be used at all games otherwise it’s not a level playing field.

Surely has to be either a corner or a contested drop ball. 

Why have Wednesday been penalised for the referee making the wrong decision? 

Even with a contested drop ball, there’s every chance that Chelsea wouldn’t have gone straight down our end and won a penalty. That restart has completely changed the game. 

The issue, as I see it, is if the referee doesn't blow there, VAR would check it and conclude it's a corner.

What happens, however, if the referee makes a mistake which results in a drop ball.

Seems bizarre to me that with the rules as they currently stand that we pay for the referee's error when there was such a natural break and continuation in how the play was developing (corner). 

Edited by StudentOwl

Guest Manwithastick
4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Totally disagree.

Twice.

If you're suggesting ours was and theirs wasn't then DM me as you seriously need an eye exam and I'll happily donate one. 

26 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Shouldn't we get the drop ball then? The bad decision cost us a corner.

Thats exactly what I’m saying mate

We did nothing wrong, the ref made the wrong call

We should have got a corner or a penalty... we had neither and Chelsea got the advantage 

The only way that could have been fair would be Chelsea to give the ball back to us

1 hour ago, MysticOwl said:

Why was it a drop ball instead of a corner to us? 

Its in the rules. Ref blew for penalty before ball went out for a corner, therefore its a drop ball.

If a VAR review determines that play should not have been stopped, such as reversing a decision to award a penalty, play is restarted with a drop ball at the point of the incorrect call.

Not sure why we didn't contest it. Perhaps the players didn't understand the rule either!

Edited by Owl Be Back