Jump to content


JG13

Jos skips press conference

Recommended Posts

Came into it halfway through......................who was lee talking about when he said they had been thoroughly professional throughout , was it the frozen out mob ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Fully understand everyone's concerns. Just giving my take on it. Plus noone really needs to convince me to get a big majority wanting him out. If he's out now, so be it. I'm not calling for his head just yet.

 

However don't agree that we've had an easy run the last 10 games. 4 of the top 6, 3 of them being at home. Only 2 of the bottom 11 we have played in that time. Yes we should be doing better, even with the teams we have played, but easy on paper it hasn't been.

 

I'd say that of those ten games, and given that we were in the top six at the start of them, we should reasonably have been expecting to be collecting a healthy points return from QPR, Birmingham, Bolton, Blackburn and Rotherham. We averaged less than a point a game even against them.  So I'm not sure that the expected "easy run on paper" is grounds for optimism under this manager, we could be really in the brown stuff if we carry the current form and mood into that run.  

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

 

I'd say that of those ten games, and given that we were in the top six at the start of them, we should reasonably have been expecting to be collecting a healthy points return from QPR, Birmingham, Bolton, Blackburn and Rotherham. We averaged less than a point a game even against them.  So I'm not sure that the expected "easy run on paper" is grounds for optimism under this manager, we could be really in the brown stuff if we carry the current form and mood into that run.  

I think 'the easy run on paper' was how the opposition had referred to it. WTF:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve heard he was shaving is Moustache and a New hairdo he’s embarrassed because he made a mess of it

AF963729-A87F-48FA-8E03-3E4903E12D08.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might start to listen to more press conferences if JL is no longer doing them. So much more listenable

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, poite said:

Really? So we must all be imagining the calls for jos out during games, at the fans forum and across the whole of social media. 

 

It's just the people of owlstalk.

 

Have a word with yourself 

You really need to have a word with yourself fella. I do not hear other than a few mindless morons chanting whether it be for Westwood, Hutchinson or Jos out and that my friend is not a true reflection of what those on Owlstalk are saying. Its the monrity at games. 20,000 opposed to 150 on here at best. Nah don't think so pal. Fans Forum hey, Wasn't DC applauded on certain aspects. So that shot your theory down in flames. So you think that the Owlstalk posters are a true reflection on those who actually go to games. There's quite a few on here don't even reside in this country, so don't compare this forum with the supporters who actually go to games. Chanting at games, give me strength. Theres unrest of there is but I certainly don't get the impression that this is all down to the manager. there are more comments made regarding how this club is run at the moment.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skipping at the press conference. I call bull****. He never moves a muscle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, poite said:

Skipping at the press conference. I call bull****. He never moves a muscle. 

Why is that pi**takers are never took seriously. Wonder why.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine if JL was missing tomorrow’s game. That really would start tongues wagging.

 

garymegson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

You really need to have a word with yourself fella. I do not hear other than a few mindless morons chanting whether it be for Westwood, Hutchinson or Jos out and that my friend is not a true reflection of what those on Owlstalk are saying. Its the monrity at games. 20,000 opposed to 150 on here at best. Nah don't think so pal. Fans Forum hey, Wasn't DC applauded on certain aspects. So that shot your theory down in flames. So you think that the Owlstalk posters are a true reflection on those who actually go to games. There's quite a few on here don't even reside in this country, so don't compare this forum with the supporters who actually go to games. Chanting at games, give me strength. Theres unrest of there is but I certainly don't get the impression that this is all down to the manager. there are more comments made regarding how this club is run at the moment.

 

That post is so completely random I literally have no idea what it's actually in response to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

Obvious why he has not been sacked.

 

No point sacking a manager whose contract is up on January 8.

 

Let him see out the contract and then say thanks, but bye-bye.

 

Costs the club nothing.

 

 

Don’t think we’re that skint that we couldn’t pay him the last few weeks of his contract if that is the case.

 

Only Chansiri knows why he’s not been sacked yet

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Triplo said:

Obvious why he has not been sacked.

 

No point sacking a manager whose contract is up on January 8.

 

Let him see out the contract and then say thanks, but bye-bye.

 

Costs the club nothing.

 

 

His contract doesn't run out until the end of June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Jos is now a wuss to add to all the other stuff.  Get him OUT tonight!!

 

I want a change as much as anyone  but sorry but that's harsh  I never was down for swearing  at the repetitive and disrespectful questioning 

perfectly understandable to me that he decided to avoid further confrontation i suspect he'd like to chin the next person who asks  him instead of DC whose decision it is 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Triplo said:

Obvious why he has not been sacked.

 

No point sacking a manager whose contract is up on January 8.

 

Let him see out the contract and then say thanks, but bye-bye.

 

Costs the club nothing.

 

 

How do you know he had a one year contract?

Contract details have never been disclosed as far as I am aware.

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11200544/sheffield-wednesday-owner-says-new-boss-jos-luhukay-must-get-club-back-to-the-premier-league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mogbad said:

 

His contract doesn't run out until the end of June.

 

Just seen this.  Have you got a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the fans forum DC was asked if Jos's contract ran out in January. He said that no contracts run out in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mogbad said:

At the fans forum DC was asked if Jos's contract ran out in January. He said that no contracts run out in January.

Didn't he actually say 'end of season' when he was pushed on the point ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mogbad said:

At the fans forum DC was asked if Jos's contract ran out in January. He said that no contracts run out in January.

 

Majority of managers contracts run to end of June for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

 

Just think he has been dealt a bad hand, not been able to bring his own players in and should be given that opportunity, even though I don't think he will do until this summer when a lot of big earners leave. Also, I am not sure a new manager would help us. Maybe in the short term due to a new manager, but they will still have the same squad and come March/April time we could be on a similar run to what we are on now. We have an easy run on paper coming up after the festive period and if we are in the same position as we are in after this run, say mid to late February, then he should go and attempt the get this run of games a new manager usually gives you to prevent the threat of going down. Maybe if this bad run continues I may think he should go (I was starting to think this against Rotherham and may even change my mind tomorrow), but for now I think we just need to ride out this season, hiope we don't get dragged too near the bottom 3 and see what Jos can do bringing in his own players. I am not saying he will be great next season though, but he should be given a chance. Wagner is a good example to compare against.. Huddersfield didn't really do much when he first came in. He brought in his own players over the summer and they got in the playoffs with a team sheet quite different to the year before. Even look at his best mate Klopp, who has changed most of his team since he first came in.

Although i don't agree with your premise, i think this is a well thought out post and makes plenty of good posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Just imagine if JL was missing tomorrow’s game. That really would start tongues wagging.

 

garymegson

He would be injured for 2 weeks. :ghoulguy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×