Brian Laws in an advisory role?

Due to health reasons, Brian Laws has permanently retired from football management but I’d love to see him back at the club in an advisory role.  “Absolute Tosh!” I hear you cry but please hear me out.

1. He’s a Northerner. He understands Northern fans sentiments and sensibilities. Listen to his co-commentary on RS - he gets it. He hits the nail on the head all the time in his appraisal of the game and the players.  He speaks our language in that respect. 
  2. He’s been around provincial clubs all of his career. He’s got no delusions of grandeur - he’s knows what is required to make such clubs tick and he knows the type of player required. 
  3. He knows Sheffield Wednesday.  He know us fans; what buttons to press; what turns us on. How many other of our managers could you see running down the touch line after we scored against the pigs - I honestly believe it was a sincere and uncynical reaction when he did that. 
  4. He created an excellent team with fvvck all money. 

Ok, it’ll never happen but whether it’s Jos or someone else that leads our team, we as fans, need to be placated in some way. Could Brain Laws be the man to do that?  

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Brian Laws is a right Jonah, keep him away from our club, don't even let him do commentary 

Well he didn’t bring his “Jonah” luck when we did the double over the pigs and finished just outside the playoffs with possibly the lowest budget in the league. Yeah - right Jonah he was. 

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Sounds like something we’d do.....go from two foreign coaches people didn’t understand to an English one that can’t string a sentence together.

To be fair I could barely string a sentence together as I saw the second goal unfold!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Brian Laws - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha only on here!!!!

Look! I’m fvvcking desperate mate! 

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Sounds like something we’d do.....go from two foreign coaches people didn’t understand to an English one that can’t string a sentence together.

The players understood him. 

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd have just about anybody who's ever been involved with football in an advisory role above those Spivs that have had the hand at our tiller for the past 3 years.

But it's never going to happen.

Pretty much this.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Due to health reasons, Brian Laws has permanently retired from football management but I’d love to see him back at the club in an advisory role.  “Absolute Tosh!” I hear you cry but please hear me out.

1. He’s a Northerner. He understands Northern fans sentiments and sensibilities. Listen to his co-commentary on RS - he gets it. He hits the nail on the head all the time in his appraisal of the game and the players.  He speaks our language in that respect. 
  2. He’s been around provincial clubs all of his career. He’s got no delusions of grandeur - he’s knows what is required to make such clubs tick and he knows the type of player required. 
  3. He knows Sheffield Wednesday.  He know us fans; what buttons to press; what turns us on. How many other of our managers could you see running down the touch line after we scored against the pigs - I honestly believe it was a sincere and uncynical reaction when he did that. 
  4. He created an excellent team with fvvck all money. 

Ok, it’ll never happen but whether it’s Jos or someone else that leads our team, we as fans, need to be placated in some way. Could Brain Laws be the man to do that?  

Agree and I liked him but not to place to be if you health problems.

I don't advocate this, but we do need a British manager at the helm, one who can talk to both the players and fans alike. 

I'm fed up of having to second guess what has been said with the last two managers, so i'm confident a lot is lost in translation to the players.

Edited by HarryPlopper

I would, if he came in as director of football with a Haslam, Heckingbottom, hurst in as head coach to learn off him and do the training ground dirty work. 

Though I think meggo or Pearson would work too in a similar role. We need to start building and looking to the future as a club, not looking to the past, but drawing from it. 

Edited by shezzas left peg