Could Sam Winnall Go From Villain to Hero ?

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

My thoughts too. Perhaps the OP could elaborate?

Guess the OP is referring to the fall out with FF.

Whether that make a him a villain is open to question given that we don't know the full story of what happened. 

2 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Guess the OP is referring to the fall out with FF.

Whether that make a him a villain is open to question given that we don't know the full story of what happened. 

The villain part came from when he went to Derby and made it obvious he was quite happy to stay there. Many on here were not happy with this. Myself i thought he was never given much of a chance here.

Guest LittleG
15 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Looking at last nights inept display and chances missed against Derby I think the sooner Sam Winnall is fit the better. Doesnt mess about is hungry for goals and may well have a point to prove. Scored plenty in a poor Barnsley side so will be at least an offensive threat. 

He may well score goals for us but to do that we need to create chances and these are few and far between. 

17 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Looking at last nights inept display and chances missed against Derby I think the sooner Sam Winnall is fit the better. Doesnt mess about is hungry for goals and may well have a point to prove. Scored plenty in a poor Barnsley side so will be at least an offensive threat. 

If I remember correctly, he scored plenty in quite a decent Barnsley side, who became poor after himself, Hourihane, Bree (and 1 or 2 others who's names escape me) were flogged off on the cheap after their contracts were allowed to run down.

You maybe right about the rest though, hope so.

The little I saw of him playing for us I liked what I saw. A grafter, never stopped moving giving defences something to worry about.  As to any reported problems regarding FF........................who knows the truth, and FF hasn't exactly covered himself in glory recently.

I really think he has it in him to be our hero this season. Never been a villain though.  Anyone know when he's due back we could really do with him.

Most of his goals were scored with his head from wingers crossing the ball into the 6 yard box something we have not done for the last 18 months.

We sign two striker to arguable were the best goals per header ratio in the league in Winnall and Rhodes then proceed to play no wingers and play it into their feet. You couldn't make it up.

Guest LittleG
16 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Created a few against Derby but didnt convert them into goals. 

All I can remember is the FF chance and the miss by Fox; not exactly rampant are we. Creating clear cut chances has been a problem all season; in the main we have relied on long range efforts from Reach and individual goals by Jaoa. It's not very often we see a slick passing movement or a pin point through ball for our striker to get on the end. We are slow and predictable.