Bounce back

Feels like forever since that game against United - we needed that result and time to steady the ship, get players fit and go again this weekend

We really need to take these next 2 games by the scruff of the neck and get 6 points out of them, the table changes entirely again if we can. With Matias and Forestieri possibly starting / on the bench - we have a much needed outball, that forces a different style of play to the usual one dimensional we have seen without them.

We’ve played the football we know we can play against WBA - here’s hoping we start to click and find a first 11 that’s capable of pushing up the league. 

Team for me would be 

Dawson, Palmer, Lees, Hector, thorniley, Penney, Pelupessy, Reach, Bannan, Fletch and FF. 

Rest Fletch against Bolton, but we need him for this game

Have a feeling we will win on Saturday.

Played Derby last season at home and we were on the back of a bad run and won a mid week game 2-0, think Joao got them both.

Can see us winning like that again and threads on Owlstalk will be all about turning the corner and season starts here and then we will lose v Bolton.

Its always been the Wednesday way!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

---------------Dawson---------------

---------Lees--Hector--Thorniley---

Palmer----Pelupessey------Penney

--------Reach--------Bannan--------

-----------------Fessi------------------

----------------Fletch---------------------

I’d settle for that line-up, very difficult to mark and looks like an attacking side, however we shall have to wait and see if Jos allows them to run at Derby. 

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Feels like forever since that game against United - we needed that result and time to steady the ship, get players fit and go again this weekend

We really need to take these next 2 games by the scruff of the neck and get 6 points out of them, the table changes entirely again if we can. With Matias and Forestieri possibly starting / on the bench - we have a much needed outball, that forces a different style of play to the usual one dimensional we have seen without them.

We’ve played the football we know we can play against WBA - here’s hoping we start to click and find a first 11 that’s capable of pushing up the league. 

Team for me would be 

Dawson, Palmer, Lees, Hector, thorniley, Penney, Pelupessy, Reach, Bannan, Fletch and FF. 

I really do not get the playing 5 at the back formation. 

We cannot defend and all season have struggled so let play 5 at the back and allow teams to attack us OR

Less show some attacking threat we are blessed with very good attackers lets start using them.

4-3-3 

Dawson

Palmer/Hector/Lees/Penney

Bannan/Hutch/Reach

Matias/Fletcher/Fessi

If we are under the kosh Fessi and Matias can drop back to make a 5 man midfield.

We start the game with wing back by the 10th minute we are a flat back 5 defending the whole game. We do that against teams like Derby with their attacking force we will get more of a hiding that Norwich gave us.

Jos has no more excuse - we expect a performance, we expect goals and we expect a win. If not we expect him to be gone.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Team for me would be 

I can't plus any team that includes Pelepussy

Team for me would be 

I hope you are right , but the way things are going at the moment you can just see another s***storm when the line up is revealed and FF isnt even on the bench.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

He is not that bad is he?

I agree he is no world beater but think its a bit harsh he s the current scapegoat for how badly we are doing at the moment.

I don't think he's the current scapegoat. He's been shyte since the minute he arrived.

It seems the current scapegoats are Abdi, Boyd, Hutchinson, Jones and Westwood

And to a lesser extent Forestieri.

It beggars belief that all the above are overlooked in favour of Pelepussy

The Wednesday way is to win well against Derby and lose embarrassingly against Bolton.

Our teams always seem prepared and focussed against the better teams, only to let themselves down against the battlers at the bottom of the table.

Big effort in both games please.

We need mobility against Derby and physical players against Bolton.

If we are going to play our normal “style “ against Derby then assuming he rests Fletcher I would start Joao rather than Nuhiu. Lightweight but mobile at least. 

Unless of course jos  is going to play 3 strikers like he did at the end of last season. In which case stick Nuhiu up front with two from Joao, Matias and FF playing close to him and give them a battering.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I look forward to the line up announcement more than the match mesen:luhukay:

The team for Saturday is coming together as we speak

Image result for bingo gif

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I really do not get the playing 5 at the back formation. 

We cannot defend and all season have struggled so let play 5 at the back and allow teams to attack us OR

Less show some attacking threat we are blessed with very good attackers lets start using them.

4-3-3 

Dawson

Palmer/Hector/Lees/Penney

Bannan/Hutch/Reach

Matias/Fletcher/Fessi

If we are under the kosh Fessi and Matias can drop back to make a 5 man midfield.

We start the game with wing back by the 10th minute we are a flat back 5 defending the whole game. We do that against teams like Derby with their attacking force we will get more of a hiding that Norwich gave us.

Jos has no more excuse - we expect a performance, we expect goals and we expect a win. If not we expect him to be gone.

forgot Hutch mate, he won't play under Jos again

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

---------------Dawson---------------

---------Lees--Hector--Thorniley---

Palmer----Pelupessey------Penney

--------Reach--------Bannan--------

-----------------Fessi------------------

----------------Fletch---------------------

I am truly amazed that anyone can suggest we remain with 3 at the back. It simply hasn't worked for us. 

Edited by zakswfc