If we were relegated...

I cant see us bringing in any players in January dues to FFP ,but i see us selling one or more of our big assets. I think it will be tight come the end of the season. Right now, i wouldnt put money on us staying up. 

Also , we have to factor in DC saying he was more worried about a points deduction than a fine. He must know something we dont. we could end up well clear of the bottom three, but still go down if the EFL decide to hammer us. 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Have we thou, we all know what our treatment room is like, players are never seen again until their contracts are set to expire.

Got quite a few players to put in that 6 month new contract shift for us.  we be about 15th at worst.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Got quite a few players to put in that 6 month new contract shift for us.  we be about 15th at worst.

Will Jos play them though? The only players who will be out of contract, who are getting game time, are Palmer, Pudil and Matias

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Will Jos play them though? The only players who will be out of contract, who are getting game time, are Palmer, Pudil and Matias

Probably not but I got a feeling Matias is going to be our best player for the next few months.  Contract to earn and all that.

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Probably not but I got a feeling Matias is going to be our best player for the next few months.  Contract to earn and all that.

Surely we are not going to give Matias a new contract. Would have to play like Messi, Pele, George Best and Terry Curran rolled into one for rest of season for Wednesday to even consider it.

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Also , we have to factor in DC saying he was more worried about a points deduction than a fine. He must know something we dont. we could end up well clear of the bottom three, but still go down if the EFL decide to hammer us. 

I'd be staggered if DC knew something we didn't.... lol

21 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's what we paid. It doesn't mean that's what they're worth. I'd be surprised if we got a quarter of that "investment" back.

I dunno. 

Bannan - £5m

Reach - £8m

Forestieri - £5m

Lees - £3m

Hutchinson - £1m

Winnall - £2m

Fletcher - £1m

Joao - £2m

That's £27m and I'd call some of those low offers. If Bannan, Reach, FF or Lees went for those prices in January there'd be a meltdown on here.  

16 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hmmm has Stuart gray left Fulham with jokanovic?? and is now available to firefight after chrimbo and keep us up again lol

'THAT' would be one hell of an admittance that you got things wrong and cost yourself a fortune 4 years ago by the owner, more likely to see megson appointed than gray.

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

'THAT' would be one hell of an admittance that you got things wrong and cost yourself a fortune 4 years ago by the owner, more likely to see megson appointed than gray.

It was a tongue in cheek comment bud, though I wouldn't turn him down if jos does go. The football wasn't much worse than what we are getting now, difference is we were far more solid and organised, after all he did build and Marshall that back five (including Westwood) that created the platform for Carlos initial  successful 2 seasons. 

2 hours ago, CraigSGM said:

I dunno. 

Bannan - £5m

Reach - £8m

Forestieri - £5m

Lees - £3m

Hutchinson - £1m

Winnall - £2m

Fletcher - £1m

Joao - £2m

That's £27m and I'd call some of those low offers. If Bannan, Reach, FF or Lees went for those prices in January there'd be a meltdown on here.  

No one will pay for Fletcher or Hutchinson, and we'll get very little for Lees. Winnall we could have got 2 million but hes been out for so long I don't know if anyone would pay now. We could sell Bannan Reach Forestieri and Joao. think that would be it.

I do think we can go down especially if a managerial change is not made soon.

2 hours ago, CraigSGM said:

I dunno. 

Bannan - £5m

Reach - £8m

Forestieri - £5m

Lees - £3m

Hutchinson - £1m

Winnall - £2m

Fletcher - £1m

Joao - £2m

If we sold Lees for a low price above of £3m with the silly prices players go for now.

But take just £1m of it and signed Venancio would that be such bad business £3m in - £1m out and a better player replacement.

Sell Reach for nearer £10-15m  don't need to replace him as we have Matias and Fessi who both play on the left wing. If we did decide to invest in a new player someone such as Maddison could be a good fit for our teams, a good goal scoring record and creates a lot of goals for a free scoring Peterboro team.

January could be a chance for us to get out of the financial mess we are in but also breathe some new life into the team.

The Wednesday of old will basically do no business and hope for the best, let hope DC has learnt his lesson and we try and do some positive business in January- get good money for players and bring in replacements we can develop and improve.

Edited by room0035

The consequences of relegation don’t bear thinking about All our best players would leave, probably at knockdown prices, income will be cut drastically, meaning that we will likely be still under an embargo With so many players out of contract, and our better players gone, we will have to rebuild the squad under an embargo, an impossible task

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The consequences of relegation don’t bear thinking about All our best players would leave, probably at knockdown prices, income will be cut drastically, meaning that we will likely be still under an embargo With so many players out of contract, and our better players gone, we will have to rebuild the squad under an embargo, an impossible task

If it did happen look at Chessy for an example they went from challenging for promotion from league 1 to a conference team in 3 years.

This was down to very bad Management of the club and not investing in the team (I think we know the bloke in charge)

If DC does not show us that he has learnt anything from he many many mistakes of the last 4 years then who to say we could see the same issues with ourselves. 

Lets hope for a few positive performances and hopefully results to push us up the league.

Edited by room0035

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

If we sold Lees for a low price above of £3m with the silly prices players go for now.

But take just £1m of it and signed Venancio would that be such bad business £3m in - £1m out and a better player replacement.

Sell Reach for nearer £10-15m  don't need to replace him as we have Matias and Fessi who both play on the left wing. If we did decide to invest in a new player someone such as Maddison could be a good fit for our teams, a good goal scoring record and creates a lot of goals for a free scoring Peterboro team.

January could be a chance for us to get out of the financial mess we are in but also breathe some new life into the team.

The Wednesday of old will basically do no business and hope for the best, let hope DC has learnt his lesson and we try and do some positive business in January- get good money for players and bring in replacements we can develop and improve.

I would think the only business we might do in January would be to sell a player or two.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason the EFL lifted the embargo was that the club had promised to sell some players to try and balance the books.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment bud, though I wouldn't turn him down if jos does go. The football wasn't much worse than what we are getting now, difference is we were far more solid and organised, after all he did build and Marshall that back five (including Westwood) that created the platform for Carlos initial  successful 2 seasons. 

i 100% agree, but i imagine i can think of someone who'd rather saw his foot off and eat it than appoint stuart.