If we were relegated...

10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would think the only business we might do in January would be to sell a player or two.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason the EFL lifted the embargo was that the club had promised to sell some players to try and balance the books.

The annoying thing is we will stumble along for a few more transfer windows continuing to pay players big salaries to sit and watch the games with the fans. Not trying to move them on or sell an asset to get out of the financial mess that DC and the club have got us into.

What we need to do is sacrifice a good player or two get the finances in order and then freshen up the team. We both know this won't happen because DC could not organise the opening of a bag of crisps. 

But what the club need to remember one of those salable assets in Forestieri is out of contract in June 2019 so unless we sell him in January we are going to get next to nothing. If he is not sold in January then he needs resigning up to a longer deal.

4 hours ago, CraigSGM said:

I dunno. 

Bannan - £5m

Reach - £8m

Forestieri - £5m

Lees - £3m

Hutchinson - £1m

Winnall - £2m

Fletcher - £1m

Joao - £2m

That's £27m and I'd call some of those low offers. If Bannan, Reach, FF or Lees went for those prices in January there'd be a meltdown on here.  

I think you're being waaay optimistic. Winnall's been a long term injury casualty and hasn't played a game for the best part of a year - how on earth is he suddenly worth £2m. And Hutch - chronic injury problems for years. £1m? - we'd be lucky if someone took him off our hands for nowt. Joao - what has he done - really - to justify a £2m price tag. The others you could argue the throw about, but for me, far from lowballing the potential fees, I think you're at the very top end of what we could expect.

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The annoying thing is we will stumble along for a few more transfer windows continuing to pay players big salaries to sit and watch the games with the fans. Not trying to move them on or sell an asset to get out of the financial mess that DC and the club have got us into.

What we need to do is sacrifice a good player or two get the finances in order and then freshen up the team. We both know this won't happen because DC could not organise the opening of a bag of crisps. 

But what the club need to remember one of those salable assets in Forestieri is out of contract in June 2019 so unless we sell him in January we are going to get next to nothing. If he is not sold in January then he needs resigning up to a longer deal.

We won't, this coming summer will see big changes  IMO.

Forestieri's contract runs until 2020.

8 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

We won't, this coming summer will see big changes  IMO.

Forestieri's contract runs until 2020.

We won't be able to make any changes this summer due to being under a transfer embargo. We will have breach the P&S requirements if no funds are achieved in January.

We simple have to sell in January or its another 2 transfer windows of signing no players. 

I do not understand why the club have not resigned Palmer to a longer deal, he is first choice right back, cannot be on a big salary and seem a no brainer to sign up to a 2 year deal, Baker is not ready for the championship yet and should Palmer leave for a free in the summer it will leave us short of cover at both full back spots and even weaker in defense.

Thanks for the info about Fessi though at least we have a chance of making some money off him.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We won't be able to make any changes this summer due to being under a transfer embargo. We will have breach the P&S requirements if no funds are achieved in January.

We simple have to sell in January or its another 2 transfer windows of signing no players. 

I do not understand why the club have not resigned Palmer to a longer deal, he is first choice right back, cannot be on a big salary and seem a no brainer to sign up to a 2 year deal, Baker is not ready for the championship yet and should Palmer leave for a free in the summer it will leave us short of cover at both full back spots and even weaker in defense.

Thanks for the info about Fessi though at least we have a chance of making some money off him.

So, those out of contract players won't move ? 

That is the "big changes" I'm on about. 

8 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

So, those out of contract players won't move ? 

That is the "big changes" I'm on about. 

Come July 2019 we will have 10 players out of contract but by that point we will have losses for the 2018/19 season over over £10m so we will once again have breached the losses of £39m over 3 season which means we will be automatically placed into a transfer embargo as per the rules of profit and Sustainability and the EFL.

So Come the summer we will have less players but wont be able to sign anyone because of the clusterfuck that is the people running our club.

47 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Embargo Exceptions
Fewer than 24 established players (*established, age 21or over and played 5 or more 1st team games)
Can't pay more than £600K per year.

Can sign an emergency goalkeeper as well.

Not sure how we get the 10pt deduction back though...:sad:

38 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Come July 2019 we will have 10 players out of contract but by that point we will have losses for the 2018/19 season over over £10m so we will once again have breached the losses of £39m over 3 season which means we will be automatically placed into a transfer embargo as per the rules of profit and Sustainability and the EFL.

So Come the summer we will have less players but wont be able to sign anyone because of the clusterfuck that is the people running our club.

Proper prophet of doom arnt ya, hows about we wait and see what happens before we all go to hell in a hand cart, crikey, ya think ya could reply without chuckin losses for this, broke the rules for that, embargoes for t'other. 

7 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Proper prophet of doom arnt ya, hows about we wait and see what happens before we all go to hell in a hand cart, crikey, ya think ya could reply without chuckin losses for this, broke the rules for that, embargoes for t'other. 

Not doom and gloom - a realist, if we bury our heads in the sand and hope for the best come April 2019 we will once again be under a transfer embargo and have wasted another season.

BUT - If we use January to move a few on and maybe sell one of our assets, get the funds in sort the P&S issues so come the summer instead of scrabbling around for free agents and over the hill journey men we can look to build a team capable of challenging at the right end of the table. 

As has been show season after season in the championship you don't need to spend millions to get promoted but you do need an experienced manager who can bring in some players be they loans or other to move your team forward.

We can wait and see but if January 2019 is quiet come July 2019 it will be even quieter. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not doom and gloom - a realist, if we bury our heads in the sand and hope for the best come April 2019 we will once again be under a transfer embargo and have wasted another season.

BUT - If we use January to move a few on and maybe sell one of our assets, get the funds in sort the P&S issues so come the summer instead of scrabbling around for free agents and over the hill journey men we can look to build a team capable of challenging at the right end of the table. 

As has been show season after season in the championship you don't need to spend millions to get promoted but you do need an experienced manager who can bring in some players be they loans or other to move your team forward.

We can wait and see but if January 2019 is quiet come July 2019 it will be even quieter. 

Not sure how selling our better players, and replacing them with cheaper players, equates to us climbing the table Surely evidence suggests, we are more likely to sink further down the table

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure how selling our better players, and replacing them with cheaper players, equates to us climbing the table Surely evidence suggests, we are more likely to sink further down the table

We have to bring money in because down to the miss management of the guy in charge we are in the financial mess. What i suggesting is we get rid of player that we can make a good return on and replace them with players we can buy cheaper and improve to help in the long run to move the club forward, but in the short term sort out the financial mess we have gotten into.

If we do no business in January that equate to a few million quid positive then come April 2019 we will once again be under embargo. 

The club has to file their May 2018 account by no later than the 1st March 2019 or we will be placed in an embargo as per football league rules, so come then we will know better what the losses last season were but I am expecting the figure to be in the region of a £20m loss. i am basing this on not a lot change last season other than signing Boyd and JVA and a few leaving in the summer. Attendances were fairly similar and no new advertising or sponsorship deals were signed.

2 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Including us on more than one occasion while I've been supporting the Mighty Owls.

That’s why I believe, DC cannot allow to sink any lower If we get sucked into a relegation battle, I don’t see us having the appetite to dig in and avoid the drop The next two games are key, no wins, and we need to change the coach

7 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

We won’t get relegated, get a few players back in FF, Matias and obviously Winnall and then longer term hooper n Lee, 

A starting 11 of

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Penney

Joey

Bazza

Reach

FF

Matias

Fletch/Winnall

doesnt get relegated 

If you are gonna play Bannan as a holding midfielder would it not be better to selling him to Villa for £8m and spending a few million to sign a holding midfielder lol

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That’s why I believe, DC cannot allow to sink any lower If we get sucked into a relegation battle, I don’t see us having the appetite to dig in and avoid the drop The next two games are key, no wins, and we need to change the coach

Think the Bolton match looks a bit of a crunch game.

Be a low crowd on a cold Tuesday night, will say a lot where this season could end up.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If you are gonna play Bannan as a holding midfielder would it not be better to selling him to Villa for £8m and spending a few million to sign a holding midfielder lol

Bannan has pretty much always played in that position for us , and just drives forward with the ball, joey can hold and free up baz to get forward a bit more