If we were relegated...

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have to bring money in because down to the miss management of the guy in charge we are in the financial mess. What i suggesting is we get rid of player that we can make a good return on and replace them with players we can buy cheaper and improve to help in the long run to move the club forward, but in the short term sort out the financial mess we have gotten into.

If we do no business in January that equate to a few million quid positive then come April 2019 we will once again be under embargo. 

The club has to file their May 2018 account by no later than the 1st March 2019 or we will be placed in an embargo as per football league rules, so come then we will know better what the losses last season were but I am expecting the figure to be in the region of a £20m loss. i am basing this on not a lot change last season other than signing Boyd and JVA and a few leaving in the summer. Attendances were fairly similar and no new advertising or sponsorship deals were signed.

No, I agree with you, it’s quite possible that we may have to make a big sale. However, we’d probably need to use all of that money to swell the coffers It’s unlikely we could spend any of it. Loan players would probably be our only option.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That’s why I believe, DC cannot allow to sink any lower If we get sucked into a relegation battle, I don’t see us having the appetite to dig in and avoid the drop The next two games are key, no wins, and we need to change the coach

DC is just very bad at making decisions that are needed though.

Look back at Milan sacking Megson after we won the derby had he not we may not had got promotion that season.

If we get 1 or 2 points from the next few games can you see DC getting rid of Jos and bringing in an experience championship performer, or more likely will we be deeply in the bottom 3 and struggling before DC decides to make a change.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

DC is just very bad at making decisions that are needed though.

Look back at Milan sacking Megson after we won the derby had he not we may not had got promotion that season.

If we get 1 or 2 points from the next few games can you see DC getting rid of Jos and bringing in an experience championship performer, or more likely will we be deeply in the bottom 3 and struggling before DC decides to make a change.

Yep

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Bannan has pretty much always played in that position for us , and just drives forward with the ball, joey can hold and free up baz to get forward a bit more 

The past 6 or 7 games Bannan has been a shadow of the player from the start of the season as he is too deep. Either he plays further forward or its a waste of a player.

Every play goes through him making us very predictable, this is not the first time with the Owls though when we had Carbone, Sibon, Di Canio, Waddle every play used to go through them, we became very predictable and easy to defend against.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The past 6 or 7 games Bannan has been a shadow of the player from the start of the season as he is too deep. Either he plays further forward or its a waste of a player.

Every play goes through him making us very predictable, this is not the first time with the Owls though when we had Carbone, Sibon, Di Canio, Waddle every play used to go through them, we became very predictable and easy to defend against.

My solution to this, would be to move Hector into midfield. He’s good on the ball, would provide a shield in front of the back four, and more importantly, free Bannan to create further up the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My solution to this, would be to move Hector into midfield. He’s good on the ball, would provide a shield in front of the back four, and more importantly, free Bannan to create further up the pitch. 

Not a bad shout re Hector playing there and put Thorniley at CB or Pudil

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So drop Pelupessy or play 2 holding midfielders?

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

So drop Pelupessy or play 2 holding midfielders?

I don’t really see Pelupessy as a defensive midfielder, he’s more like a fetcher and carrier By taking Hector out of the back four, we get the extra man in midfield, and because we’d have a solid base, all the others can play further forward

The good thing is, with such a move, we still retain Hector’s aerial presence at set plays. He can drop into the back line, if and when needed, during the course of the game

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Not doom and gloom - a realist, if we bury our heads in the sand and hope for the best come April 2019 we will once again be under a transfer embargo and have wasted another season.

BUT - If we use January to move a few on and maybe sell one of our assets, get the funds in sort the P&S issues so come the summer instead of scrabbling around for free agents and over the hill journey men we can look to build a team capable of challenging at the right end of the table. 

As has been show season after season in the championship you don't need to spend millions to get promoted but you do need an experienced manager who can bring in some players be they loans or other to move your team forward.

We can wait and see but if January 2019 is quiet come July 2019 it will be even quieter. 

That'll be a no then in regards to you answering without embargo, P&S and the likes................... awesome. 

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

We won’t get relegated, get a few players back in FF, Matias and obviously Winnall and then longer term hooper n Lee, 

A starting 11 of

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Penney

Joey

Bazza

Reach

FF

Matias

Fletch/Winnall

doesnt get relegated 

We've already been told Hooper & Lee won't play again this season and they're if I'm not mistaken out of contract in the summer, so unless we sign them up again even though they're still knackered we'll not see either (it's a pity, but that's life I'm afraid) again. 

Can't see us going Down TBH but having said that,The 1989/90 season is still fresh in my mind 28 years on,Where everyone was saying WE ARE TOO GOOD TO GO DOWN and look what happened in the final game of the season at home to Forest. So don't rule it out completely. :duntmatter::duntmatter::duntmatter:

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

Think maybe Bannan less effective as other teams know he is the main man to stop and pay special attention to him.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think maybe Bannan less effective as other teams know he is the main man to stop and pay special attention to him.

We simple do not play to his strengths he is in the team to create and score goals not play in a deep position in his own half hitting long hopeful balls that 1 in 10 work.

We did the same with Rhodes and broke the most prolific striker outside of the premier league in the last 5 years.

If we continue to play Bannan as a holding midfielder we may as well take the £8m offered from Villa as his value is going to plummet over the next 12 months. 

I do not understand why we have 3 or 4 holding midfielders at the club or even hector who can play there but instead we take one of our better creative midfielders and play him there, In Jos we definitely do not trust.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't doubt Hector can do the business as a sitting midfield player.

Only thing is...he's our best centre half for my money.

Probably true, but we need a left and a right, so if we want to play Tom Lees, he always plays better in a four. I’d pair him with Pudil or Thorniley, who I notice, says he doesn’t want to play left back. Penney says, he prefers left back to playing in midfield, so for me, it’s him or Fox at left back