If we were relegated...

I think it’s a case of glass half empty at this stage to be saying we will go down (for those that are). We have had spells in the top half and top six and went on a good run now followed by a bad run. To assume we will only remain on a bad run is very pessimistic and that’s coming from someone who always fears the worst!

Forestieiri, Joao, Matias, Winnall all have enough to change our fortunes in the coming weeks.

Edited by Bluesteel

4 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Current form suggests we won’t. Current match statistics suggests we won’t. Great to have confidence though.

Current form has us averaging 1.177 points per game which if it continues would give us a total of 54 points for the season.

Agree we had a really bad run of 4 games but prior to that we got to 6th in the table. I think it all depends on how we do over the next few games.

Its just to early to say what will happen, certainly with any certainty . 

We are currently about where I personally though we would end up. Nothing to suggest we cant go higher than i thought. Conversely we could end up bottem. 

After the xmas period, we should have a rough idea. Currently all in our hands. 

Edited by Maddogbob

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That's what we paid. It doesn't mean that's what they're worth. I'd be surprised if we got a quarter of that "investment" back.

Looking at Joa, Bannon, FF and Reach, we should get 15 to 20 million for those in January, then sign 4 loan players to get us through to the summer.

of course we need a decent manager as well, that could be the biggest sticking point

On 17 November 2018 at 01:45, Kagoshimaowl said:

We WILL go down if we leave Jos the muppet charge for much longer. Never even seen a Championship game before he arrived eh....just adds to all the reasons why he should go!!

Absolutely. 

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 01:45, Kagoshimaowl said:

We WILL go down if we leave Jos the muppet charge for much longer. Never even seen a Championship game before he arrived eh....just adds to all the reasons why he should go!!

I'm not bothered that he hadn't seen a match before he came here, I'm worried that he still sets the team up as though he hasn't seen one

On 16/11/2018 at 16:10, optimisticowl said:

It’s only November with 17 games played for god’s sake, the club has been in far worse fettle and has survived, at least the bank and the tax-man aren’t expected to call, we won’t be relegated, get yourself in positive form, we’re all Wednesday aren’t we?  lol

Hmmm has Stuart gray left Fulham with jokanovic?? and is now available to firefight after chrimbo and keep us up again lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I can't see it happening, no one is ever too good to go down. Sunderland last year had some very good players and If you'd have asked me if they would get relagated I definatley wouldn't have money on it happening. 

My biggest fear, yet could also be a blessing is an injury crisis again like last year, just depends on who joins the casualty list. Jos has shown when he's down to the bear bones and unable to tinker, rotate, tinker and rotate again he can get results with a settled side out of lack of choice. 

Key injuries to the likes of lees, reach, fletcher & bannan added to whos already missing  would really hit us hard though. 

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Current form has us averaging 1.177 points per game which if it continues would give us a total of 54 points for the season.

Agree we had a really bad run of 4 games but prior to that we got to 6th in the table. I think it all depends on how we do over the next few games.

No, you’ve just averaged our points total across the number of games played. Our current form is four consecutive heavy defeats followed by a bore draw. 

On 16/11/2018 at 15:54, poite said:

Relegated?

No chance. We've just drawn 0-0 with Barcelona on their own turf. 

We should be planning on what to spend the £150m promotion to the premier league money 

I'm not certain but I don't think you're serious in this post... ap

• Haha 1