This Weekend

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

England test match cricket from Sri Lanka on Sky Sport. 

Just need to to set record or be up at 5am.

Interesting day tomorrow, most likely.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Doubt it will get to the weekend 

The weekend is tomorrow. England still one wicket to fall, Sri Lanka to bat again. Might not make Sunday.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Two England wickets fell as soon as I finished posting.

Be all over tomorrow morning.

It was three when checked back but Foakes still slapping it about while Anderson digs in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

I'm off to Manchester to see slaves Saturday night, can't see me being in a fit state for togga Sunday morning

You can go to a slaves night without leaving sheffield. Just pop down to la  Chambre.  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Interesting day tomorrow, most likely.

The weekend is tomorrow. England still one wicket to fall, Sri Lanka to bat again. Might not make Sunday.

It was three when checked back but Foakes still slapping it about while Anderson digs in.

Yes silly me !!  why did I think it was Thursday today !!! 

53 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

was there a couple of weeks ago, got the train to Seville for a match. If you get the chance try it, fantastic city.

Yeah done that particular journey many time A particularly picturesque train journey, is the one down from Ronda to Algeciras

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Excuse my ignorance, who are Hillsborough Pumas, are they a football team?

Yes, just a local team. My lad plays for the under 9's. Home games at Hillsborough Arena.

Plenty of local non-league action this weekend:

Coming off the back of a 5-0 thrashing of Harworth Colliery in the Sheffield and Hallamshire Senior Cup, Hallam take on Ollerton Town at Sandygate.

Sheffield FC sitting 7th in the table take on AFC Mansfield at the Coach & Horses Ground.

Local interest as Swallownest host Rossington Main (managed by Ryan Hindley - ex manager of Hallam FC and Worksop Town) who stopped the rot of 4 straight defeats by securing a point at home mid-week against Dronfield Town.

Edited by tommo8

5 hours ago, Blatter said:

England test match cricket from Sri Lanka on Sky Sport. 

Just need to to set record or be up at 5am.

Not sure I will be awake for the first ball but will be up early to watch this and then probably watch Hallam FC in afternoon.

Really good to see Sheffielder Joe Root doing so well today (We will put aside his football allegiances when he plays like that)