International Break

20 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

One thing I've noticed recently in the international breaks is that all our players who aren't called up go on holiday.  Has this always been the case?  I thought they'd still be at the club training etc?  During the last international break it looked like players didn't come back until about 3 days before the next game.

It looked like players didn't come back until 3 minutes before kick off!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

One thing I've noticed recently in the international breaks is that all our players who aren't called up go on holiday.  Has this always been the case?  I thought they'd still be at the club training etc?  During the last international break it looked like players didn't come back until about 3 days before the next game.

Adam Reach always jets off when internationals come round.

Nothing wrong with it really, players need a break and to get away from it for a bit. But I mean don’t think a manager like Megson would stand for it after four losses and a a draw.

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nothing wrong with it really, players need a break and to get away from it for a bit. But I mean don’t think a manager like Megson would stand for it after four losses and a a draw.

I don't have an issue with them having a break.  It can be great to rest up and come back refreshed, but we're now on our 3rd international break of the season after like 4 months, seems a bit much to be going away on each one, especially when we're struggling for consistency as we seem to be.  And after each break we've looked really sluggish.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:07, Hookowl said:

Midfielder Josh Onomah linked up with the England Under-21 squad on Monday but later withdrew through injury. 

Surely not another player heading into the mysterious treatment room, the room where players enter but never leave until their contracts are due to expire.

Bulgaria U19  6-0  Gibraltar U19

Thanks in part to Borukov's first half hat-trick, Bulgaria took a 5-0 lead into the break and then eased off the throttle a bit

Not too sure how this competition works

All groups consist of four teams but some games are played on neutral grounds

... which suggests teams only play one another once?

If that's the case, then Bulgaria will need to beat Greece on Tuesday to progress

On 13/11/2018 at 16:58, room0035 said:

Fessi will be out with a groin injury, Matias will have re-injured his broken toe nail, Westwood will have had his flu jab so will be out until the new year and all other fit players will have a knee injury except Nuihu who just runs like he has a knee injury. WTF: 

Fingers crossed that none get called up for A Question of Sport, all that thinking can be stressful.  lol

On 15/11/2018 at 12:21, SallyCinnamon said:

Need a break from what? They train 4/5 hours a day in the morning/afternoon and most get a few months off in the summer (if they’re not involved in any tournaments, our lot certainly aren’t) 

What about us who work 9-5 with 25 days holiday lol 

Edited by FreshOwl

50 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Malta  v  Kosovo      ko 5pm

No need to follow this one too closely then

Not only is Atdhe left out of the starting XI, but he isn't named on the bench either   :unsure:

I see Kastrati is on the bench. Maybe Atdhe had an accident? 

• Haha 1

Albania  0-4  Scotland

If Carlsberg did international recalls?

Steven Fletcher starts this one and caps an impressive 1st half performance by grabbing his 10th goal from the spot

Taken off right after the Scots scored their fourth goal, saving him for Tuesday night's group decider?

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Need a break from what? They train 4/5 hours a day in the morning/afternoon and most get a few months off in the summer (if they’re not involved in any tournaments, our lot certainly aren’t) 

What about us who work 9-5 with 25 days holiday lol 

9 to 5 !!

Bloody Part Timer !!!

lol