The 'pen'

What frustrates me is it shouldn’t have been a pen. Ref seemingly could wait to blow his whistles. He ref blew up straight away. Cameras showed refs view and I have no idea how he can even give it from that angle.  

Also seeing all replays replays It’s soft (generous), yet the ref jizzed everywhere to give the decision 

Yes I’m repeating myself and I’m drunk garymegson 

• Haha 1

Looked like Duffy was doing his best Raheem Sterling impression? Yes it got him a penalty but I doubt it’ll get him a £300k new contract at the bargainlaticos? Duff situation for him TBH? Totally gutted for him :rolleyes:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Not a pen in a millions years. I knew Diving Duffy or Billy Blunt would dive, they do it in every match, how many penalties have they had since Wilder has been there? It was only a matter of time before one of them went down. My piggy mate once went to Sheffield tip to see them training and in his own words said, "They had a lesson in falling over."  

I've come up with a new song.

Singin dive dive duffy duffy dive

Singin dive dive duffy duffy dive

Singin dive dive duffy 

Dive dive duffy

Dive dive duffy duffy dive..

Edited by pgmetcalf
  • Haha 1

It was a penalty, but a soft one. Players crossing and their lad couldn't wait to take a dive. Didn't see much intent to foul but there was the lightest of contact.

If the other way round, we would have been shouting for a pen. Only difference is, it probably wouldn't have been awarded knowing our penalty award success rate.

Soft penalty. Duffy exaggerated the contact and went down like he'd been assaulted from behind. Ref bought it hook line and sinker. If it had been FF in under no illusions that he'd have been booked for diving. 

Like said above though, in the end I'm happy they got it cos it gave Dawson a moment he'll never forget and made sure they couldn't hide behind it after failing to score against us. 

8 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

It wasn’t a penalty. 

There should’ve been no penalties in this match. 

But if that dive was a pen, Penney should’ve had one too. 

You telling me Egan Wrestling and trying to make love to Fletcher was not a pen!

Even the so called “biased pundits” said it should defo have been a pen.

There was numerous fouls from both defences by shirt pulling in the box that were all penalties, outside the box free kicks would have been given.

Its time the FA had a zero tolerance policy on this to stamp it out, players cheating this way would change their attitude towards it very quickly and actually start to defend as they should.

9 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He clipped his leg it was a pen all day long 

not soft 

not a dive 

just a run of the mill nailed on pen 

I get accused of wearing blue and white specs but jesus he runs across Duffy clips his foot knocks it onto the other leg which brings him down 

Absolute cobblers.