"I want players who are available for every training"

I'd love to know if JL thinks the same next Friday night when Dawson bends down to pick the ball out of the his net for the fourth time, and our midfield is getting bullied all over S2.

Meanwhile, KW and Hutch are sat at home getting ready for an early night.

What a complete farce.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Maybe.

He's put his neck on the block by having strict rules (which he reiterated just now) about what he expects from players before he considers them for selection... ALL the players know exactly where they stand now and so do we... I applaud his singlemindedness.

Fair enough mate, i just look at it the other way, i think he is being too blinkered but time (and performances) will tell i suppose.

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd love to know if JL thinks the same next Friday night when Dawson bends down to pick the ball out of the his net for the fourth time, and our midfield is getting bullied all over S2.

Meanwhile, KW and Hutch are sat at home getting ready for an early night.

What a complete farce.

Can you give me next week's Euromilions numbers while you're at it?

2 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Can you ?

No.  I can't see into the future.

Let me know your regulars though and I'll pick out all of them apart from one which is one out then state it as fact today so you will spend a week thinking it will be the biggest disappointment of your life next Friday when it actually might not be.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

...and every game. That is why we make decisions. 

Seven days before THE Derby our fans are divided over Westwood when really there is no reason NOT to back Jos..... unless you have invested three months in trying to get Dawson out of the side. (And that's great support)

The bitter irony about all of this is in September 2017 Westwood had a howler of a game against Dem Trotters at Hillsborough, and the excuse after the game? He was injured.

:carlosswfc:

As for Boyd Abdi and Hutch, they just aren't very good anymore.

FFS

So now we know.

We have a manager who wants an injury-free side, who are prepared to turn up for all practices, thereby being able to ensure their fitnesses.

We also have a fan-base who are prepared to have a side who COULD be playing half fit or carrying minor injuries which can turn into long-term injuries.

So which one would we be prepared to back?.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Who says we tried to sell Fletcher?

Making stuff up again?

No did you not see any of the stuff re Pathaninakos trying to sign him but they were only offering about £10,000 a week and Fletcher didn't want to go.

So jumping to the wrong conclusions again then

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/greek-club-make-shock-move-for-sheffield-wednesday-striker-steven-fletcher-1-9252331

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No did you not see any of the stuff re Pathaninakos trying to sign him but they were only offering about £10,000 a week and Fletcher didn't want to go.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/greek-club-make-shock-move-for-sheffield-wednesday-striker-steven-fletcher-1-9252331

So we weren't trying to sell him but  Pathaninakos thought they could get him on the cheap...hence it was a shock

• Like 1

Watched the interview. 

I know we dint have players of this quality, but would he have frozen out Ledley King for example.

Why not use what he has at his disposal. Surely Hutch training a couple of times a week is a better option to see out a game than a kid with no experience.

Also his point was players had very few games in the last 10 months. Well neither have the kids.

I’m all for playing youth and giving them a chance, but not in the numbers we currently are. Even if it’s just a couple more senior pros in. I think it’d make a positive impact.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We also hope Zurich would follow through on their interest in Abdi but thats also didn't happen.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/01/sheffield-wednesday-fans-react-as-almen-abdi-is-linked-with-hill/ 

Is that it?

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The excuse over the last 3 months has been injuries we are now told only 3 players of the 10 reported in the press are injured you can kind of see why everyone thinks what the manager is saying is not true.

We are led to believe Fessi, Matias, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil, Abdi are all injured but we are now told at least 4 of them are not.

Really? Which 4 are not? 

Fessi & Matias just back to training and 2-3 weeks off. 

Winnall 4-6 weeks wasn’t it or maybe 5-8? 

Hooper 8 weeks minimum, Lee about to have another op, that leaves Pudil and Abdi - didn’t hear about them, have they grown doubles to become 4? 

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So we weren't trying to sell him but  Pathaninakos thought they could get him on the cheap...hence it was a shock

No the greek team decided paying him £30,000 a week was an insane thing to do so offer him less money and the chance to play in the europe

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Really? Which 4 are not? 

Fessi & Matias just back to training and 2-3 weeks off. 

Winnall 4-6 weeks wasn’t it or maybe 5-8? 

Hooper 8 weeks minimum, Lee about to have another op, that leaves Pudil and Abdi - didn’t hear about them, have they grown doubles to become 4? 

I will make this easy for you

We have Fessi, Matias, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil all currently not playing in the first team because they have injuries but today the manager has said he only have 3 players injured so 7 players listed only 3 injured.

SO if I had 7 apples and i ate 3 how many apples would that leave me ?????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1