"I want players who are available for every training"

3 minutes ago, poite said:

That's because they don't have massive appearance fee clauses in their contracts :ph34r:

You know that how?

Fletcher often seems to get slated for being paid too much. Isn't it as likely he has similar bonuses to the other top earners?

Playing devil's advocate here so if appearance fees were actually behind the decision not to select certain players and therefore being done to either comply with or head off FFP issues then are any of these players worth the risk of breaking the rules for based on their involvement and contribution in recent times?

We are probably paying £120k PW or £6m a year on those players. Westwood and Hutch should walk into this team. I don’t want to hear about their injuries. Just about everybody has being injured in the last 12 months or so. Matias and Fletch have had terrible injury problems but they have made the cut by Jos. It’s a complete shambles in my opinion. I wonder what our dressing room is like at the moment? I’m sure senior pros are good mates with Westwood and Hutch and are perplexed with what’s going on.

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We are probably paying £120k PW or £6m a year on those players. Westwood and Hutch should walk into this team. I don’t want to hear about their injuries. Just about everybody has being injured in the last 12 months or so. Matias and Fletch have had terrible injury problems but they have made the cut by Jos. It’s a complete shambles in my opinion. I wonder what our dressing room is like at the moment? I’m sure senior pros are good mates with Westwood and Hutch and are perplexed with what’s going on.

Its been well documented on here from someone with inside info that Jones is on 600k a week alone.  

27 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Maybe that's all they're doing in training :ph34r:

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Surely the issue here is why have certain players been frozen out, but for example Fletcher and Pudil haven't despite missing lots of games between them? 

Good point 

Jos stated one of the reasons Westwood wasn’t playing is that he’d missed 7 months of football so it’s hard to put him back in. Well that rule hasn’t applied to FF and Fletcher has it? 

This policy can’t be good for morale, if I was a player and my mates weren’t getting a look in, I’d be pretty p*ssed off tbh

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

This policy can’t be good for morale, if I was a player and my mates weren’t getting a look in, I’d be pretty p*ssed off tbh

Hence why most of our players look like they don't give a flying fart right now.

6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Whatever’s going on here will all come out next season, when Westwood, Abdi, Jones and Boyd all depart and can let us know their version of events

I think a few of the names listed will be the next Lewis Mcgugan’s destined to do nothing ever again and show how valid their exclusions were. 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

So basically players not selected are on the transfer list then ? 

In the presser when pushed on if those excluded could find loans elsewhere in jan, he said no. They were contracted to us and were our back ups. 

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Yep.  Bad buys, bad attitudes and only willing to be involved and give 100% on their terms.

Trouble is I couldn’t say which ones. Hindsight is wonderful thing but have to trust the gaffer has a better understanding than us mere mortals.

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

In the presser when pushed on if those excluded could find loans elsewhere in jan, he said no. They were contracted to us and were our back ups. 

Back ups ? That’s a laugh do they even train with the first team squad ? Is this what happens at all clubs ? Just seems a poor way to treat players to me 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Back ups ? That’s a laugh do they even train with the first team squad ? Is this what happens at all clubs ? Just seems a poor way to treat players to me 

I think he then talked about fact they are contracted and some times you play sometimes not. 

Im quite surprised by this though as surely ridding them of squad has benefits to finance side. 

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Why doesnt westwood need to train every day? How often should he train?

A decent manager would sit him down with the coaching staff, medical team and come up with a regime that suits. It is absolutely wrong that a player of Westwoods quality is being kept out of the squad because he can't train when Jos demands.  How often he trains is irrelevant, if he can sustain the standard he was doing then who cares a f()()k how often he trains.