"I want players who are available for every training"

I can't help but think Luhukay is taking the long-term view on this one.

I mean, we could attempt the futile task of getting Hutchinson fully fit for a few games before he knackers himself again, or we could try to unearth Boyd's seemingly long-lost form, but what would be the point? Neither of them are likely to be here next season, so although we might finish in a slightly higher mid-table position this year, it would stifle the development of the younger players who it seems we're going to have to rely on going forward. At least this way, Luhukay should have sussed out who's worth building next season's team around.

It's a brave decision, and one which could pay dividends if he's allowed to see the project through to completion. Whether or not he's afforded that luxury is another matter, of course.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't help but think Luhukay is taking the long-term view on this one.

I mean, we could attempt the futile task of getting Hutchinson fully fit for a few games before he knackers himself again, or we could try to unearth Boyd's seemingly long-lost form, but what would be the point? Neither of them are likely to be here next season, so although we might finish in a slightly higher mid-table position this year, it would stifle the development of the younger players who it seems we're going to have to rely on going forward. At least this way, Luhukay should have sussed out who's worth building next season's team around.

It's a brave decision, and one which could pay dividends if he's allowed to see the project through to completion. Whether or not he's afforded that luxury is another matter, of course.

I will be very interest to see if this philosophy stay should the team slip further toward the bottom 3 we are 7 points off the bottom 3 come 5pm on the  10th November we could be a lot nearer with two bad results against the teams currently in 1st and 4th in the league.

You hope the best for your team and hope things work but only one team in history has won anything with kids and Jos is no Ferguson.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I will be very interest to see if this philosophy stay should the team slip further toward the bottom 3 we are 7 points off the bottom 3 come 5pm on the  10th November we could be a lot nearer with two bad results against the teams currently in 1st and 4th in the league.

You hope the best for your team and hope things work but only one team in history has won anything with kids and Jos is no Ferguson.

Of course, if we get dragged into a relegation scrap again, then things could start to get very interesting.

Whether Luhukay would stick to his guns or ditch his strategy and go cap in hand to the likes of Boyd, Jones and Hutchinson would be very telling. I suspect he'd favour the former approach, but that's just my gut instinct.

The excuse over the last 3 months has been injuries we are now told only 3 players of the 10 reported in the press are injured you can kind of see why everyone thinks what the manager is saying is not true.

We are led to believe Fessi, Matias, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil, Abdi are all injured but we are now told at least 4 of them are not.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Surely the issue here is why have certain players been frozen out, but for example Fletcher and Pudil haven't despite missing lots of games between them? 

Presumably because we don't have many options in their position to freeze them out too.

We tried to sell Fletcher in the summer but he would leave i would have though getting his wages of the bills for the remainder of his 18 month contract would save us a fortune.

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Surely the issue here is why have certain players been frozen out, but for example Fletcher and Pudil haven't despite missing lots of games between them? 

Maybe you’re right, and maybe it’s down to professionalism.

Pudil & Fletcher both strike me as players who never moan or sulk, are always professional and give 100% each week. Good ambassadors.

Assumingly Westwood and Hutch aren’t like that. If that’s true fair enough, and maybe this inquest into bonuses is all a load of rubbish 

I’m still not convinced. I still believe there’s something there we’re not being told 

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Perhaps they're punctual.. regular and enthusiastic during the week at training?

That may well be a factor.............but the other side of the coin is that there are certain players that are guaranteed a squad place week in , week out , regardless of whether they play good, bad, or indifferent and that can`t be right.

Edited by sheriwozgod

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

That may well be a factor.............but the other side of the coin is that there are certain players that are guaranteed a squad place week in , week out , regardless of whether they play good, bad, or indifferent and that can`t be right.

Maybe.

He's put his neck on the block by having strict rules (which he reiterated just now) about what he expects from players before he considers them for selection... ALL the players know exactly where they stand now and so do we... I applaud his singlemindedness.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably because we don't have many options in their position to freeze them out too.

We tried to sell Fletcher in the summer but he would leave i would have though getting his wages of the bills for the remainder of his 18 month contract would save us a fortune.

Who says we tried to sell Fletcher?

Making stuff up again?