"I want players who are available for every training"

39 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd love to know if JL thinks the same next Friday night when Dawson bends down to pick the ball out of the his net for the fourth time, and our midfield is getting bullied all over S2.

Meanwhile, KW and Hutch are sat at home getting ready for an early night.

What a complete farce.

Westwood would never concede four against that lot, would he?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5

Really don’t get the criticism labelled at Jos for leaving some of the old guard out. In the gales they’ve played both this term and last they hardly made themselves indispensable. 

So we’re left with play experienced players that are potentially past it and seemingly lost their hunger, oh and they also get injured more often and definitely won’t be here next season - at risk of demoting, demotivating and having to play anyhow those demotivated back ups. Or try to work with and develop the back ups? 

• Like 2

Let's play all the old crocks until they're crocked again while the younger players rot in the U23s and don't learn and progress. They then get thrown in for the odd game and get battered by the fans for making inexperienced mistakes. What a marvellous plan. Meanwhile, the younger players begin to get disillusioned and reject new contract offers and everyone begins rounding on Jos for not giving the youth a chance. And round and round we go.... Twåts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I will make this easy for you

We have Fessi, Matias, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil all currently not playing in the first team because they have injuries but today the manager has said he only have 3 players injured so 7 players listed only 3 injured.

SO if I had 7 apples and i ate 3 how many apples would that leave me ?????????

Do your apples have names? Because otherwise I’m lost. Not meaning to be a knob here - maybe I missed part about ten players being out. 

But I did l listen to most of the pre match presser and he categorically went through most the names you mentioned; 

matias - only just back to group training, Fessi back to group training this week, winnal, slight set back 6weeks or so, Hooper just operated on, Lee about to be operated on. Oh and Joost coming back through u23s

So am I missing something? That’s 6 without considering Abdi / Pudil who I’m unaware of their status?

So maybe he’s saying those in light training are not injured? But light training and match ready are very different things? 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have Fessi, Matias, Winnall, Hooper, Lee, Pudil all currently not playing in the first team because they have injuries

SO if I had 7 apples and i ate 3 how many apples would that leave me ?????????

You only list 6 apples so cannot give the right answer 

Guest Kameron

He's completely wrong on this, Westwood doesn't need to be training every day.  His man management skills are none existent.. He should sit down and watch the Netflix documentary on Alex Ferguson, you have to take into consideration a players age and condition, just because they can't train every day doesn't mean they can't produce the goods on a matchday.  He won't last much longer hopefully.

10 minutes ago, Kameron said:

He's completely wrong on this, Westwood doesn't need to be training every day.  His man management skills are none existent.. He should sit down and watch the Netflix documentary on Alex Ferguson, you have to take into consideration a players age and condition, just because they can't train every day doesn't mean they can't produce the goods on a matchday.  He won't last much longer hopefully.

Could certainly be more like Fergie, when Keane was captain and crossed the line he was gone, no questions asked no looking back. If only our players seemed surplus  were gone maybe some of these debates would have stopped. 

6 minutes ago, Kameron said:

He's completely right.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Why doesnt westwood need to train every day? How often should he train?

44 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Great point regarding producing the goods come match day.

It’s not like we’re Manchester City, playing a brand of football imprinted on the training pitch. We’re poo! It’s impossible to tell what our objectives are in and out of possession so training everyday isn’t doing the starters any good!

Ledley King trained on his own at Tottenham but, was regarded as one of the best centre halves in the country, Tottenham didn’t hang him out to dry because he couldn’t train everyday.

The fact is we have players capable of improving our starting 11, which in turn would improve results is a joke. Freezing them out and continuing to charge extraordinarily high ticket prices for a sub par product fetches these kind of decisions into the limelight. 

If we’re changing our vision and developing younger players, cool, drop the ticket prices to match the product on offer and nobody can complain.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Surely the issue here is why have certain players been frozen out, but for example Fletcher and Pudil haven't despite missing lots of games between them? 

That's because they don't have massive appearance fee clauses in their contracts :ph34r: