If the Chairman agreed.

9 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

From my understanding DC built up his own business which is where all his money comes from, not his dads busines (John west) 

We can agree he’s not a footballing man though. He even admitted this when he first took over.

That should've easy to prove through a quick search of Google. Except it's not. 

I once read an article that alleged his only business success was being involved with companies that were bankrolled by family money. Sound familiar?

42 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

The fact he can afford to buy a football club?

If i won the Euro millions lottery , i could afford to buy a football club, but i wouldnt have a clue how to run it. 

12 minutes ago, Lee A said:

I thought that was why he appointed a genuine football man in Roeder. We made smart signings in that time and from a purely footballing point of view, everything seemed to be in order. 

Really thought we'd got our act together at that stage, shame. 

At that meeting in August DC said that Roeder had no input into any transfers. 

14 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

His father does not own Thai Union Group, it is a public listed company of which the Chansiri family collectively own 20.3%. Dejphon Chansiri owned shares in the original family business before the flotation. When the family business was floated, all of the Chansiri family landed a considerable windfall, as would be expected. What is interesting though is, after the flotation, DC's father and brother were retained in senior executive positions by the PLC but Dejphon Chansiri was overlooked.

Everyday is a school day. 

I honestly cannot see how we can move forward as a club with DC in charge. For me he’s deluded. Some of things he’s done with the £99 shirts and outrageous membership prices beggars belief. 

The ticket prices and in particular the potg prices are alienating future fans and this will be a problem for us long term as next generation fans will watch other local teams instead. 

Also I don’t think any manager worth their salt will want to work for DC. So we are left with obscure foreigners or people that are just greatful to have a managers job as our next potential management targets. There are a lot of things wrong with our football club at present but for me the biggest problem sits right at the top of the pyramid of power.......

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Do you think any of that is untrue?

No I have no reason to doubt you. 

Like ive said I don’t really know the ins and outs of DC’s businesss or family businesses. 

I usually only care about what’s going on, on the pitch.

6 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

The last thing we need now is to get on the back of DC.

Hes put his own money into the club. Spent around £80 million if reports are to be believed.

Hes clearly a very good businessman so isn’t going to let the club go and take a loss, and no one is going to buy us for 80+ million. 

Lets support DC. Yes he’s made mistakes but without him now we could be well and truly screwed. 

He's definitely going to take a big loss if it carries on like this and one of many mistakes was to lie to us about paying top prices to get better players when we were already in a embargo 

6 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Just take a look at our neighbours. Spent next to nothing and built a good side from cast offs and lower league players.

Just takes a decent manager to do this. 

We are a laughing stock and I’m totally flipping fed up of it. 

Jos is absolutely flipping useless but problem is we can’t afford to sack him now!

In fairness, though, what's happening there is unprecedented.

How many managers get a team half a division higher than it should be?

If this continues until the end of the season, perish the thought, then it's a Leicester scenario.

I think that Jos should go, but it's highly unlikely we'd get a manager of Pep's standard.

McCarthy's the manager we need at this juncture.

British, plain-spoken and cunning as a fox.

He'd tighten the defence and make us hard to beat.

And he does well with mediocre players, which is all we might have left after the summer cull.

6 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Having loads of money and being a successful and skilled businessman do not go hand in hand.

Wang jianlin's son Wang sicong owns a business bought through a 500 million rmb gift from his father. Wang sicong could run a proverbial p1ss up in a brewery but he would have enough money to buy a football club. Wang sicong is renowned in China for being a fruitcase who wastes money lavishly including buying ten mobile phones for his pet dog!

Let's hope wang's whippet doesn't wing the wong number lol 

FFS

• Haha 1

how many multi millionaire fools are there willing to buy a club that has never made a profit needs a new ground or extensive refurbishment shortly, and has a fan base that will vocally slate you no matter how much money you spend and effort is put in and some fans that will not accept that football is a game that has winners and losers and not always get results that are deserved. If the team loses 3 games on the trot they call for sacking the manager. If players get injured or drop out of team from poor form they make accusations of conspiracy theories that don't make sense. Its obvious no billionaires are going to be interested. But guess what we have a billionaire chairman now who is honest and willing to try his upmost to make Wednesday a premiere team. Unfortunately the league has put in stupid profit and sustainability rules that are now restricting his spending on the club. People say our chairman is naive but who ever bought us would have to be a little naive in the first place. Luckily he loaded and is learning all the time and he is prepared to carry on doing his best to get us in the top division. With benefit of hindsight i would bet he would never have got involved with SWFC. We are also lucky he a man of his word (Thai people are extremely honourable in general) and has now got blue blood like most of us who cant help being wednesdayites. SO FFS LETS STOP CRITICISING HIM and instead offer him advice and feedback on what concerns you and even ideas on improving aspects of wednesday. Fact is no other billionaires are willing to spunk lots of money for little or no thanks on wednesday. Lastly we all need to get this into our heads - the worst thing that could happen to wednesday atm is if DC said sod it and sold us to any scumbag willing to suck us dry and put us into administration then leave us with out a pot to p1ss in. If anyone thinks a business man would see us a great way of making money the last thing in their mind would be gambling on making us a great team. THINK ABOUT IT !!

32 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In fairness, though, what's happening there is unprecedented.

How many managers get a team half a division higher than it should be?

If this continues until the end of the season, perish the thought, then it's a Leicester scenario.

I think that Jos should go, but it's highly unlikely we'd get a manager of Pep's standard.

McCarthy's the manager we need at this juncture.

British, plain-spoken and cunning as a fox.

He'd tighten the defence and make us hard to beat.

And he does well with mediocre players, which is all we might have left after the summer cull.

ha ha ha cunning as a fox more like thick as shhhhhhhh !!! In fairness a change in chairman or manager is not the answer in the present situation. The best all the fans can do is get behind what we got and having a small amount of patience before chucking toys out of the pram.

5 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

I honestly cannot see how we can move forward as a club with DC in charge. For me he’s deluded. Some of things he’s done with the £99 shirts and outrageous membership prices beggars belief. 

The ticket prices and in particular the potg prices are alienating future fans and this will be a problem for us long term as next generation fans will watch other local teams instead. 

Also I don’t think any manager worth their salt will want to work for DC. So we are left with obscure foreigners or people that are just greatful to have a managers job as our next potential management targets. There are a lot of things wrong with our football club at present but for me the biggest problem sits right at the top of the pyramid of power.......

The problem is the fans crying for new manager and chairman while 6 points off a play off position 2 months away from xmas

Its not that easy to sell a club though. Everyone seems to think we'll have investors queuing around the corner to buy us, but the harsh truth is, is that we won't, and those that do we should be wary of.

We're in FFP trouble and look likely to lose some of our assets which means any new owner is going to have to invest more money. 

Now here's the tricky part. It can go two ways. You can get an owner that really cares for the club like we already have or you can get someone like Ashley, who just wants to make money. They'll get us up only to pocket the rewards and have us yoyo-ing between the leagues or worse. With Chansiri's lack of knowledge about football, I really wouldn't expect him to make the best decision with who to sell the club to.

He's our owner and he has done a lot of good for us. Some of us need to remember that. It could be a lot worse. For all of our sakes we've gotta stick together and help him right his wrongs and become a better businessman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reality is we’re not going to be in the Premier League in the next few years. We need to get the fans back onside and all supporting the club.

I’ve had enough of has-beens pocketing 30k a week, gold and silver memberships, £42 POTG in the Kop and dropping fans favourites with no explanation.

The club needs some fresh impetus and I don’t see either Chansiri or Jos as the men to bring it.