Jos To Blame

For me, it's not the losing that's getting me pissed off. It's the fact that Luhakay has been here for 10 months and we still do not have any idea of our best formation, or an identifiable style of play, or quite unbelievably any set tactics of any sort. It's totally unforgivable and the blame for this lies right at the managers door. 

Injuries are masking what to me are obvious deficiencies in him as a manager. 

We should have gone for a young, hungry and upcoming manager when we had the chance. Methinks we're stuck with him for the long run.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

We've gone from top 6 to jos out in less than 180 minutes of football lol. Who is going to get better out of what we currently have? He's still got a ridiculously long injury list to contend with.

Yet makes some awful decisions with what he has left to work with. 

No identity. No direction. No clue.

Edited by Bukta

How people can blame JL is beyond me

we don't have a good enough squad end of....we have a below par/mediocre squad sprinkled with a few shining lights. 

Half the team aren't good enough to be in a promotion winning team, when you have Dawson, Baker & Fox in your starting back line we are always going to be in trouble. CD needs taking out of the firing line , he isn't ready to be a starting championship keeper he doesn't command the back line well enough yet

JL has had his hands tied and doing a steady job, give the guy a chance/break when he can sign players and mound his own squad, because ATM we are just full of deadwood

10 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

QPR are now above us in the league 

What an absolute shambles move tonight is - bet the lads dropped are p1ssing themselves

Careful what you wish for those who hunted Lees down

Lees has been shitall season, not sure why you think he wudda done owt myself .

Just now, Markowski77 said:

How people can blame JL is beyond me

we don't have a good enough squad end of....we have a below par/mediocre squad sprinkled with a few shining lights. 

Half the team aren't good enough to be in a promotion winning team, when you have Dawson, Baker & Fox in your starting back line we are always going to be in trouble. CD needs taking out of the firing line , he isn't ready to be a starting championship keeper he doesn't command the back line well enough yet

JL has had his hands tied and doing a steady job, give the guy a chance/break when he can sign players and mound his own squad, because ATM we are just full of deadwood

Yes you can absolutely blame Jos, what are people seeing?!

Weve been on a cracking run excluding Boro game

TWO MISTAKES cost us that game - two howlers, that rarely happen - we was in that game at half time

The same side almost did over West Brom and we played fantastic for 85 mins in that game

So why at the first sight do we dump half of our players?!

Boro have drawn to Rotherham tonight - will they do the same? Blades have conceded late tonight - will they sack off half of their defence? No.

His management of chopping and changing and dropping those players who have picked up the points so far is a joke - he completely deserves to be hammered tonight for that and we deserve to lose. 

Shocking 

2 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Who do you replace him with? We are hardly a decent prospect for a new manager. 

The club is crying out for an experienced Championship manager.

I’ll get slated for this but I’d go for Mick McCarthy or Gary Megson. They’d make us difficult to beat and foster a “win at all costs” spirit in the dressing room.

Sadly if Luhukay gets the bullet (which he won’t) I think we all know DC will just go abroad again and pick up some out of work manager nobodies ever heard of and the cycle will start again.

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Give it a rest. We were in 6th a few games ago. We’ve played a side who wouldn’t finish outside the bottom 3 tonight

Do you actually think we were a side even worthy of 6th though ?

We had a decent run thats all, QPR were average tonight and they put 3 past us what does that say?

Ive said it all along ill be happy if we stay up because this side is not very good at all and we have been mismanaged from the very top and its there where the problems lies .

We found a formula that works, even with a few changes but we don’t have the depth. Pudil isn’t a centre half in a back four...a back three perhaps. But presumably you want to keep that as settled as possible. We also have a keeper who isn’t quite ready to be no1 at this level yet.

Tuesday night away games are hard enough as it is. 

I won’t criticise him for the team selection, but tactically, he has a lot to answer for. What is the point in all the possession if there’s no end product Even with the injuries, as the commentators said, we have enough quality to be challenging in the top six. Tonight was a classic example of how negative his tactics are, QPR’s passing was far more incisive, playing forward balls into space for players to run onto We on the other hand, are content to go sideways and backwards 

By all means keep the ball, but make sure we have some end product, or it’s pointless

Edited by gurujuan

We've been ravaged with long terms injuries/behind the scenes shenanigans for well over a year and we're down to the bare bones.

Clearly, Jos wants to ration the amount of playing time he gives to his players so that they're not burnt out come the end of the season.

- Palmer and Baker being used interchangably

- Penney rested vs Forest and tonight

- Fletcher not capable of playing 90 minutes/more than once a week, so Nuhiu often gets the nod

- Pudil being use sparingly

It's basic common sense. This is real life, not a computer game. Players are human beings.

Fletcher is obviously a better option than Nuhiu, but playing him every game will lead to burn out and injury - as it did with Lee, Hooper, Hutchinson and all the others - then what? We've got Nuhiu and Joao up front for the rest of the season. Brilliant.

From the end of last season it has been clear that our squad would be nowhere near good enough for a play-off place this season. Our squad is far too weak and we have had to bring youngsters in to the fold. We are a mid-table side at the very best and we're going to lose games. Deal with it.

Honestly, I'm far more bewildered by the reaction of our fans tonight than by Jos' team selection. We don't have a God given right to not lose games of football.

We're 2 points from the play-offs - before the season I'd have thought that by mid-October we'd be 10 points away.

46 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Just replacing crap with more crap.

I don't agree with the constant changing, but let's be honest, it's not all about the manager, these players just aren't that good. 

This^^^^^^^^. When  will folk realise JL inherited a bucket load of poo* including half the squad malingering on the the sodding treament table. 2 years and hopefully we may have made some sort of recovery. This Im afraid is a combination of CC and DC's mess. Its strange how folk on here were so critical of the back line last Friday and when he realises that and tries to do something about it, the bloke then gets hammered for it. So all these budding managers and coaches, lets have some bright ideas instead of the crap whats spouted.  

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I won’t criticise him for the team selection, but tactically, he has a lot to answer for. What is the point in all the possession if there’s no end product Even with the injuries, as the commentators said, we have enough quality to be challenging in the top six. Tonight was a classic example of how negative his tactics are, QPR’s passing was far more incisive, playing forward balls into space for players to run onto We on the other hand, are content to go sideways and backwards 

By all means keep the ball, but make sure we have some end product, or it’s pointless

Hang on. Its nowt to do with Tactics when none of the players can take a player and on and that all moves break down before they have even strung 2 passes together. How can that be tactics. He as been dealt a shi* hand and hes trying to get the best from it. No one runs or moves for the ball, they simply are a disgrace and most are stealing a wage. Theres only two players who can really say they deserve a start and thats BB and Hector. Forget the rest, get shut and lets start a fresh if thats' at all possible. 

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on, anybody that isn’t enjoying this free flowing attacking display from the Owls tonight clearly doesn’t understand football!! :duntmatter:

Strange old league the Championship. Anyone can beat anyone. 

We are in a rebuilding stage. 

These results going to happen. 

Knee jerk reaction like these are classic football fan mentality.