Jos To Blame

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

No that’s true, but that’s how it is, you take the plaudits when you do well, but expect the brickbats when you don’t 

Not sure I recall the plaudits. Mainly described as 'spozzy wins'  but I take your general point.

Think perhaps people being a bit less bi-polar and realising that average mid table teams win some, lose some and draw some would also be useful. 

I get the suggestion that we need to be philosophical, i.e. win some and lose some.

But never in my years following football can I recall a manager changing his entire defense between two consecutive league games (excluding of course Wagners' machinations at Birmingham two years ago when already assure of a play off place).

Some of Lukuay's problems are self inflicted such as the rule that he only brings on substitutes in the 75th or 80th minute regardless of the match situation.

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Mate you really need to stop following me around this site you loon

Secondly - that point after Leeds was about how we got a good point after we hung in and got a draw

My post in here is about Jos changing a side, the SAME side that I’ve said to be positive about at Leeds, against West Brom etc - that side is good enough to challenge in the top 10/8 - without a doubt. There was no reason to drop certain key players who have played a good role in our 1 defeat in 9 run.

So so what are you trying to prove here? Apart from following me round a forum....weird. Come back with some actual content.

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Secondly - that point after Leeds was about how we got a good point after we hung in and got a draw

My post in here is about Jos changing a side, the SAME side that I’ve said to be positive about at Leeds, against West Brom etc - that side is good enough to challenge in the top 10/8 - without a doubt. There was no reason to drop certain key players who have played a good role in our 1 defeat in 9 run.

So so what are you trying to prove here? Apart from following me round a forum....weird. Come back with some actual content.

Follow you round?

I don't do that, but am just pointing out how this topic comes across as fickle.

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What key players did he drop, Lees? Penney? They weren’t key players in the Leeds/wba matches 

Leeds match we got battered, how on earth were you positive about that? 

Sounds like an excuse to have a go at Jos, pathetic 

Edited by FreshOwl

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Follow you round?

I don't do that, but am just pointing out how this topic comes across as fickle.

Can you actually read? 

Go back to that Leeds post and read what I’m saying - I was defending the performance of the first 11 that have been playing/grinding results out like a top 6 team up until last Friday against those who were complaining for no reason after we played one hell of a Leeds side. 

And now - I’m complaining because Jos is changing that very same side that has done so well in the league through the chopping and changing. That’s not fickle - I’m sticking by that same side.

Jesus Christ - it’s not hard to grasp that. 

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Can you actually read? 

Go back to that Leeds post and read what I’m saying - I was defending the performance of the first 11 that have been playing/grinding results out like a top 6 team up until last Friday against those who were complaining for no reason after we played one hell of a Leeds side. 

And now - I’m complaining because Jos is changing that very same side that has done so well in the league through the chopping and changing. That’s not fickle - I’m sticking by that same side.

Jesus Christ - it’s not hard to grasp that. 

He shouldn't have dropped Palmer or Thornley but Lees and Penney needed resting.

However Palmer is a boo boy and many want him dropped

Didn't have many other players to choose from in the rest of the team.

Perspective.

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Because Penney was tosh and Lees was below par. Remind me what they did that made them ‘key players’ 

Give it a rest

Penney and Lees we’re not tosh against Leeds and West Brom

All that team played a part - you cant decimate a back four that has picked up 1 defeat in 9. The stats are against you I’m afraid - no leg to stand on.

Edited by TodwickOwl

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Give it a rest

Penney and Lees we’re not tosh against Leeds and West Brom

All that team played a part - you can decimate a back four that has picked up 1 defeat in 9. The stats are against you I’m afraid - no leg to stand on.

Penney has been poor more or less every game, 1 defeat in 9 yes but still shipping plenty of goals. Were you calling for Lees to remain in the team after Middlesbrough? Doubt it 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Penney has been poor more or less every game, 1 defeat in 9 yes but still shipping plenty of goals. Were you calling for Lees to remain in the team after Middlesbrough? Doubt it 

I was disappointed in that goal - but not enough to throw him under the bus for one mistake, he’s served us and serving us well and is a good defender - we don’t have any other option but to play him. 

When he was gone gone last year we were crying out for him.

Penney poor in every game? You’re really talking some tosh now give up - you must seriously no nothing about this game if you think he’s a bad player. 

This is a stats game - we might be shipping in goals but we were in 6th a few weeks back - the rest doesn’t matter. Pick up points and average enough and we stay there and if that team is doing the job then it should remain.

Youre argument is invalid

Edited by TodwickOwl

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I was disappointed in that goal - but not enough to throw him under the bus for one mistake, he’s served us and serving us well and is a good defender - we don’t have any other option but to play him. 

When he was gone gone last year we were crying out for him.

Penney poor in every game? You’re really talking some tosh now give up - you must seriously no nothing about this game if you think he’s a bad player. 

This is a stats game - we might be shipping in goals but we were in 6th a few weeks back - the rest doesn’t matter. Pick up points and average enough and we stay there and if that team is doing the job then it should remain.

Youre argument is invalid

I agree in the sense I wouldn’t have dropped Lees. For a club captain of three years who has never been benched that was a poor move, and that could come back to bite us 

Penney had a good first few games he started, but awful since. I feel like I’m going mad with this kid, and it’s almost like people are afraid to criticise him as he’s one of our own 

Now I know he’ll have potential in the future, but I’m not talking about the future I’m talking about right now, and right now he looks like a rabbit in headlights. In terms of progression and reaching this apparent potential, he looks he’s slipping the other way. His body language and languish attitude are another issue altogether 

I call things on what I see. And if you were watch the last six games (and specifically Penney) then you’ll see I’m not wrong 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest LittleG
20 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You all bloody asked for these changes after Middlesbrough!. If he’d gone with the same team last night and we’d lost the pitchforks would be even sharper 

Unbelievable some of you 

I don't think anybody asked for nearly the entire defence to be dropped after the last match. A defence needs to play together the majority of the time to develop an understanding; you can get away with changing personnel in midfield and up front to a certain extent but the defence needs more stability. Changing the system at the back does not help the situation also.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I don't think anybody asked for nearly the entire defence to be dropped after the last match. A defence needs to play together the majority of the time to develop an understanding; you can get away with changing personnel in midfield and up front to a certain extent but the defence needs more stability. Changing the system at the back does not help the situation also.

I would have dropped most of that defence, they were a shambles against Boro, couldn’t even pass to each other. Last night although we were caught out postionally, passing was a lot better and more fluid, which explains the 63% possession, we just had no link or movement between midfield and attack 

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I would have dropped most of that defence, they were a shambles against Boro, couldn’t even pass to each other. Last night although we were caught out postionally, passing was a lot better and more fluid, which explains the 63% possession, we just had no link or movement between midfield and attack 

Not sure I would. Apart from his mistake against Boro Lees major problem is being asked to play it out from the back; this us where he and others struggle cos they are not good enough. I would have kept Palmer - not his biggest fan but better than Baker. Resting Penney was the right thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Not sure I would. Apart from his mistake against Boro Lees major problem is being asked to play it out from the back; this us where he and others struggle cos they are not good enough. I would have kept Palmer - not his biggest fan but better than Baker. Resting Penney was the right thing to do. 

It’s crazy how fans view games differently. I was one of the few who thought Baker had a good game last night, especially first half. I was even going to comment on here saying he looked a different player. Good range of passing and got on the overlap a few times, squared ball to Reach who maybe should have done better, and he also put in 1 or 2 crunching challenges