That Referee

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

He was offside when the ball was played forward so it does not matter that it hit Penney. 

Still think it was too long compared to what gets added on normally. I've seen plenty of games where there's been multiple subs and goals and there hasn't been that long. He added on a lot to give them a chance to equalise. Nothing will convince me otherwise. 

OK, but by the letter of the law it's 30 seconds per goal and substitution. 6 subs and 3 goals in that half = 9 lots of 30 seconds, which is four and a half minutes. Head injury for them was about two minutes.

You can stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" all you want, but by the letter of the law he added the correct amount of time on lol 

EDIT: also look at the Penney thing in slow motion. Their player tries to control the ball, Penney kicks the ball 20 yards to their striker. Not offside... the ball was never played forward by their player so he can't be offside from it. It is handball though. 

Edited by StudentOwl

17 hours ago, Twaddle said:

Only just noticed via looking at the highlights.

The 1 on 1 with Dawson. Its handball from their striker I would say.

You can also see Pudil having a go at the ref for this.

The lino should have spotted it rather than the ref given their respective positioning.

Yep, I was appealing for handball (as I knew he was onside). Clearly controlled the ball dead with his arm.

Credit Dawson for keeping us in the game.

5 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

OK, but by the letter of the law it's 30 seconds per goal and substitution. 6 subs and 3 goals in that half = 9 lots of 30 seconds, which is four and a half minutes. Head injury for them was about two minutes.

There were 5 subs in the half, and our opponents made a triple substitution (I don't know whether that makes any difference though; West Brom did the same the other day and we also made only two subs in the second half, but we got 7 minutes' added time then too).

Edited by Sova

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

All referees are talentless egomaniac cvntz who were single children that were bullied at school ... and for good reason cos they were geeky little tw•ts.

Is that a bit harsh, we’ll I’m not saying sorry.

Tw•ts.

Well said. 

Situation is only going to get worse as the number of qualified refs reduces. Saw a tweet the other day from a local football association,somewhere in the south west iirc. It said that they had lost a load of young referees from the training programme due to threats of violence against them during and after matches. Threats were mainly coming from the parents of the players.

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You can stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" all you want, but by the letter of the law he added the correct amount of time on lol 

EDIT: also look at the Penney thing in slow motion. Their player tries to control the ball, Penney kicks the ball 20 yards to their striker. Not offside... the ball was never played forward by their player so he can't be offside from it. It is handball though. 

"By the letter of the law" their lad should have had a straight red for the two footed studs raised challenge on Omomah at the end. "By the letter of the law" he should either have stopped the game immediately for the head injury to their lad or having played on for 2 and a half minuted to enable their attack to complete  (and presumably having concluded it was not a serious head injury) he should have allowed us to play on when we counter attacked. 

And the "by the letter of the law" re time added on it I really struggle to see hoew this can be the letter of the law as no referee ever applies that consistently in any match I see.  Out of interest (and my ignorance) which Law sets out the time that must be added on or is it really just a discretionary thing?

I think the point is that the ref (like all of them pretty much) played the "letter of the law" sometimes and not others. He was wildly inconsistent and thus crap.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:47, StudentOwl said:

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a Law covering this. The 30 seconds per substitution is referred to by lazy commentators as the law/rule, whereas it's more an assumption that's how long it takes (although when FF got subbed v Leeds 2/3 years ago and they had a goal 'chalked off', it took him about 3 mins). And, as pointed out elsewhere, they did a triple substitution so should only have taken 30 secs, maybe 45 to allow for the message to get across to thick footballers that 3 were actually being substituted at once.

I agree that their striker wasn't offside although that doesn't negate the handball which the ref conveniently missed.

Speaking of poor refs, did you use the see the pen not given to Newcastle at Manure on Sunday for handball, the ref wasn't even looking at the ball so he even gave a goalkick. Shocking.....and that's in the Prem!!  

19 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a Law covering this. The 30 seconds per substitution is referred to by lazy commentators as the law/rule, whereas it's more an assumption that's how long it takes (although when FF got subbed v Leeds 2/3 years ago and they had a goal 'chalked off', it took him about 3 mins). And, as pointed out elsewhere, they did a triple substitution so should only have taken 30 secs, maybe 45 to allow for the message to get across to thick footballers that 3 were actually being substituted at once.

I agree that their striker wasn't offside although that doesn't negate the handball which the ref conveniently missed.

Speaking of poor refs, did you use the see the pen not given to Newcastle at Manure on Sunday for handball, the ref wasn't even looking at the ball so he even gave a goalkick. Shocking.....and that's in the Prem!!  

Been trying to find the clip without luck. Saw one the other day foul at least 2 yards inside the box ref got a perfect view about 10 yards away. Blows for the foul and gives it at the edge of the box no penalty.

Edited by darra

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:47, StudentOwl said:

la la la

th1A4LHNJB.jpg

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:57, darra said:

Been trying to find the clip without luck. Saw one the other day foul at least 2 yards inside the box ref got a perfect view about 10 yards away. Blows for the foul and gives it at the edge of the box no penalty.

At least he gave the foul....which is a vast improvement on some refs!!lol