I think Jos is doing a good job

i can understand why some people feel frustrated with Jos, especially after the West Brom game but I am quite happy to allow Jos to keep doing what he’s doing because we’re not that far away from being a really top side in this league in my opinion. 

Look at the facts: Jos has been dealt a bit of a crap hand but he’s playing it better than what it actually is. When Jos joined there were:

• Rumours of disruptive players and lack of discipline 
  • Revelations that some players were allowed to turn up for training when the wanted
  • An ageing overpaid first team
  • Other first team players languishing in the under 23s
  • An injury list as long as your arm
  • Very little money to spend
  • Supporter unrest

Jos then performs a minor miracle and saves us from relegation by:

• Signing Pelupessy to add steel to a lightweight midfield 
  • Reinstating and reinvigorating Nuhiu, Mattias, Palmer and Joao
  • Promoting Wildsmith and offering chances to Dawson
  • Introducing our “discarded” youth and under-23 players

Having done all that, he is then hamstrung at the start of this season due to: 

• George Hirst and Sean Claire leaving
  • An embargo on transfers and spending since April this year
  • Continuing injuries to some of our best players
  • A cloud over Forestieri due to his Mansfield “tackle” and allegations of a racist comment in the aftermath incident 
  • A lack of senior centre-halves
  • The Westwood thing whatever that is
  • Losing Jack Hunt

I honestly can’t see how people can criticise Jos.  He’s made a few mistakes but show me a manager that hasn’t.  We should be singing his name from the rooftops in my opinion because you can only conclude that he’s working a minor miracle if you really consider the situation he walked into and the things he has be dealt during his time here.  

Bloody hell lads and lasses, lets show some patience and understanding and a bit of support. I have seen nothing yet that indicates that Jos is a bad manager; on the contrary, he looks the real deal to me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, shandypants said:

i can understand why some people feel frustrated with Jos, especially after the West Brom game but I am quite happy to allow Jos to keep doing what he’s doing because we’re not that far away from being a really top side in this league in my opinion. 

Look at the facts: Jos has been dealt a bit of a crap hand but he’s playing it better than what it actually is. When Jos joined there were:

• Rumours of disruptive players and lack of discipline 
  • Revelations that some players were allowed to turn up for training when the wanted
  • An ageing overpaid first team
  • Other first team players languishing in the under 23s
  • An injury list as long as your arm
  • Very little money to spend
  • Supporter unrest

Jos then performs a minor miracle and saves us from relegation by:

• Signing Pelupessy to add steel to a lightweight midfield 
  • Reinstating and reinvigorating Nuhiu, Mattias, Palmer and Joao
  • Promoting Wildsmith and offering chances to Dawson
  • Introducing our “discarded” youth and under-23 players

Having done all that, he is then hamstrung at the start of this season due to: 

• George Hirst and Sean Claire leaving
  • An embargo on transfers and spending since April this year
  • Continuing injuries to some of our best players
  • A cloud over Forestieri due to his Mansfield “tackle” and allegations of a racist comment in the aftermath incident 
  • A lack of senior centre-halves
  • The Westwood thing whatever that is
  • Losing Jack Hunt

I honestly can’t see how people can criticise Jos.  He’s made a few mistakes but show me a manager that hasn’t.  We should be singing his name from the rooftops in my opinion because you can only conclude that he’s working a minor miracle if you really consider the situation he walked into and the things he has be dealt during his time here.  

Bloody hell lads and lasses, lets show some patience and understanding and a bit of support. I have seen nothing yet that indicates that Jos is a bad manager; on the contrary, he looks the real deal to me. 

A good post which is very well thought out and has some great arguments. However, anyone who drops our best goalkeeper and is too stubborn to put him back in when it is clearly not working should not be complimented for me. Added to this is players like Hutch who are totally fit (from the horses own mouth) and players like Boyd who is a decent pro overall not getting a look in. Nobody can tell me these players aren’t better than Connor Kirby, Jack Lee, Isaac Rice et al. It’s bad man management.

We would have won on Wednesday if either Hutch or even bloody Jones had come on instead of Kirby. As you say, Jos has got a hell of a lot right, which is why I’m really rooting for him to do well here. I just fear Jos’s own stubbornness will be his own downfall. I’m all for youth but sadly, except for Penney, Thorniley and maybe Preston and Baker, nobody else is anywhere near ready. Fact!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

46 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A good post which is very well thought out and has some great arguments. However, anyone who drops our best goalkeeper and is too stubborn to put him back in when it is clearly not working should not be complimented for me. Added to this is players like Hutch who are totally fit (from the horses own mouth) and players like Boyd who is a decent pro overall not getting a look in. Nobody can tell me these players aren’t better than Connor Kirby, Jack Lee, Isaac Rice et al. It’s bad man management.

We would have won on Wednesday if either Hutch or even bloody Jones had come on instead of Kirby. As you say, Jos has got a hell of a lot right, which is why I’m really rooting for him to do well here. I just fear Jos’s own stubbornness will be his own downfall. I’m all for youth but sadly, except for Penney, Thorniley and maybe Preston and Baker, nobody else is anywhere near ready. Fact!

When did the horse, AKA hutch say he was fit? 

He’s doing a great job

He arrested a slide with a squad containing 15 injured players

He’s spent 500K and only been allowed to bring 2 loaners in

Thanks to Jos we’re seeing real talent emerge 

It’s a pity we didn’t bring in Jos 12 months earlier, we might not have lost two of our brightest young talents

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'm also happy with him, was a little swayed after our bad start but he's steadied the ship and we were outstanding for 80 minutes on Wednesday, played a top team of top players off the pitch. We learned lessons from that game that will serve us better moving forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

One of those classic posts that has a load of unqualified opinions ( nothing wrong with that btw) and finishes with Fact when there are no facts in there.

japan is nicer than Korea. FACT

kate winslet can do a better black lace cover than Nigel Jemson. FACT

• Haha 5

I’m totally behind him and I agree he’s had a lot of fire fighting to do. He’s done a good job in the circumstances. We should give him time to mould his team as we won’t get promoted this season. Let him clear out the deadwood and bring in some younger players and see what we do next season. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

When did the horse, AKA hutch say he was fit? 

According to a guy who spoke to him. Picture of the two of them on Facebook together. Why would the guy lie unless he’s a pig??

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

One of those classic posts that has a load of unqualified opinions ( nothing wrong with that btw) and finishes with Fact when there are no facts in there.

Pretty sure I’m more qualified than you mate.  Won’t put that as a FACT though. You might get upset!

I can’t fault the OP’s sentiments, we are making steady progress. My only, slight issue, has been tactics, when we have sat off teams in the first half. Don’t know why we often do that, but we are nowhere near as effective when we do. Agree with the previous post as well, we mustn’t get too carried away with blooding youngsters. Some are ready, but most, clearly are not.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

He’s doing a great job

He arrested a slide with a squad containing 15 injured players

He’s spent 500K and only been allowed to bring 2 loaners in

Thanks to Jos we’re seeing real talent emerge 

It’s a pity we didn’t bring in Jos 12 months earlier, we might not have lost two of our brightest young talents

Real Talent???  Penney looks great yes and I’ll like Thorniley but he’s just a run of the mill center half.  Where’s the rest?

The truth is he’s not had much chance of bringing in his own players and had to rely on promotions and loans. He’s also had to let players go. There’s no way I’d play 3 at the back but he feels that’s the way forward, who am I to argue? But if you stick to 3 at the back it’s not the best plan to try and play it out from the back. Lump it up to the halfway line and get your opponents turned 

Jos has shown he is good enough. Just look at the form tables since all our injures cleared up. it is promotion form.

This season aswell played a lot better since Villa game with Hector in the team.

Westwood situation I think is to do with Dawson being better with his feet and movement.

The Boyd, Jones, Hutchinson situations seem similar to what Carlos would have done. Don't fit style so not in the squad.

But these are definitely better than the likes of Preston and Kirby.

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Every single move he makes, is correct for the long term future of the club.

That's the critical thing for me, in a nutshell.

There seems to be a meltdown every time we drop points or don't play particularly well, but that way of thinking is very short term. We need to be seeing the bigger, longer term picture and looking at the direction of travel rather than individual games. We're fashioning a new team and trying to free ourselves from the FFP shackles that are tying us down, and the young players and their development are going to be a big part of that. So we might as well start giving them the experience.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

^^^This^^^

30 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Please define FACT as understood by yourself. Thanks. UTO.

• Like 1