Good game! Good performance and good result

Pleased with a point but difference was plain to see, every time we got the ball a Leeds player was on us, when they had the ball , be it at the back , midfield or up front they always had ten yards of space to do what they want.....thought we'd come good second half but never took it to them 

Happy to get a point. End of the day doesn't matter about possession the ball in the net is all that matters and tonight the players should be proud to put in a battling performance. If someone said before these tough fixtures we would draw with Leeds, stoke and beat villa away I would have snapped your hand off wawaw

I watched the game with a Liverpool fan. Now, I know he is more used to quality but he said that a draw was the right result despite me saying that Leeds probably deserved a win. His perspective was that it was mostly scrappy lacking in quality from both teams in the final third with a lot of lost possession. 

Most importantly, in his view and on reflection mine the ref did little to encourage the flow of the game. 

I'm still proud of how we played defensively (on the whole) against  a very good team let alone a bielsa team and there's a few crazy reactions tonight following a hard fought draw against a very good team.

Just now, akbuk said:

Did you find a decent bar to watch the match

Yeah! thanks mate 

Couple of doors up from our hotel which was perfect

Our host was amazing

I really love Turkey and the people here 

Id live here if I knew how to go about it (and could get fibre internet)

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Let’s be honest, the gulf in quality and fitness was there for all to see.

Cant knock our effort, but I thought they were a level above in every department. I think they will be better than most sides so it’s not a dig at us. More a compliment to them and what their manager has done.

Happy with a point 

Completly agree

I expected they would come out the blocks all guns blazing but I didn't expect them to maintain that level of intensity throughout the 90

We were very fortunate to get a point. I think we'd have lost had Bamford or Roofe played as they lacked in the final third

A good point all in all but we could have no complaints had we lost

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Let’s be honest, the gulf in quality and fitness was there for all to see.

Cant knock our effort, but I thought they were a level above in every department. I think they will be better than most sides so it’s not a dig at us. More a compliment to them and what their manager has done.

Happy with a point 

I'd agree with all of that, except one department. We have a better offensive third, they are very very wasteful. For all the brilliant build up play, they lack an attacking playmaker or a lethal striker or two. Some of their forwards decisions was baffling at times, if we managed to get behind as much as they did we would have scored more than one. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah! thanks mate 

Couple of doors up from our hotel which was perfect

Our host was amazing

I really love Turkey and the people here 

Id live here if I knew how to go about it (and could get fibre internet)

Yeah I spend 6 months there every year and property is amazingly cheap at the moment ,fibre broadband is being put in around the country and its easy to get a residency 

Edited by akbuk

2 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

I'd agree with all of that, except one department. We have a better offensive third, they are very very wasteful. For all the brilliant build up play, they lack an attacking playmaker or a lethal striker or two. Some of their forwards decisions was baffling at times, if we managed to get behind as much as they did we would have scored more than one. 

Is agree with that, but I’d say in their defence they are missing quality forwards in Roofe and Bamford

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

It wasn’t a good performance, we lacked urgency all over the pitch.

Just like against Forest we conceded possession happily, persisted in playing out from the back then panicking and giving the ball away.

Shape was all wrong, made Leeds look like world beaters, (they are a good side, one of the best we have played, but only due to their intensity) 

They wanted to win, we were happy to get a point.

Negative mentality tonight. They hunted in packs while we left players isolated all game.

2nd half we were clearly 2nd best, like chalk and cheese compared to how we did against Villa. Surprised we didn't make changes earlier and when we did I thought we made the wrong ones. Penney has a poor night and I would have taken him off instead of FF, perhaps put Reach to the left side or changed to 4 at the back and put Onomah on in midfield.