Good game! Good performance and good result

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Is agree with that, but I’d say in their defence they are missing quality forwards in Roofe and Bamford

That's true, bet they wish one of those two were playing tonight. We also have Hooper missing, so wouldn't swap our options for theirs. But agree totally with the rest of the departments, their build up play was immense at times. 

1 hour ago, bigrbuk said:

They reminded me a bit of the pigs at the beginning of last season - full of running - pace, pressure etc. The blunts couldn't keep it going all season, will Leeds?

They do have alot more quality than the blunts, which might help towards the end if the tanks start to run empty, they have more of a possibility of finding a plan B. Alot of people say that Biesla has a history of teams running out of pace tho, and he may be too stubborn to change things.

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

Got a point we didn't deserve and really struggled to retain possession... BUT we did get the point against the league leaders, scored a great goal and FF is back. 

Have a good weekend folks! God I hate Friday night games. No football on Saturday is like having a living room without a TV. Nothing to structure everything around! 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Shame we couldn’t get the winner but what a mature and professional performance that was

Well done Jos and well done lads

I agree

We have Dawson, Baker, Penny and Thorniley, all young lads just starting out in the game

And Pelupessy who isn’t much older

Yeah we were under the cosh, but we held firm, there was mature performances all over the park

Anyone looking for quick road back to the Premier will be disappointed

We are now a club that looks to develop kids, and I’m all for it

For too long we’ve been a retirement home for players looking for a final payday

Embrace the future, get behind the kids

It’s far more rewarding looking at a player and thinking, he’s one of our own

The Premier is shiit anyway, the Championship is far more entertaining 

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I agree

We have Dawson, Baker, Penny and Thorniley, all young lads just starting out in the game

And Pelupessy who isn’t much older

Yeah we were under the cosh, but we held firm, there was mature performances all over the park

Anyone looking for quick road back to the Premier will be disappointed

We are now a club that looks to develop kids, and I’m all for it

For too long we’ve been a retirement home for players looking for a final payday

Embrace the future, get behind the kids

It’s far more rewarding looking at a player and thinking, he’s one of our own

The Premier is shiit anyway, the Championship is far more entertaining 

We didn't play at all well 2nd half and should have changed our approach but I am pleased with the fact we stuck at it and got a point. We have lost to far worse Leeds performances than that in the recent past, they played well.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We didn't play at all well 2nd half and should have changed our approach but I am pleased with the fact we stuck at it and got a point. We have lost to far worse Leeds performances than that in the recent past, they played well.

True

Leeds didn’t let us play at all, they’re the best team I’ve seen at Hillsborough in a while, even better than Wolves last season

But what an experience it was for our kids

They held firm in a totally one sided game, this will do them the world of good

And what a player this Penny boy is going to be

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I thought we played well first half without creating a lot. We showed great energy, got in their faces, turned over possession frequently.

2nd half was like chalk & cheese, we sat back, let them have the ball & come onto us, allowed an unchallenged shot for the equaliser, they grew in confidence & should have won. We were overrun for most of the 2nd half.

Good point, very poor performance and deserved to lose by 3 or 4 in my opinion.

I thought we stood off them and gave them far too much respect and as a consequence they completely dominated possession. Whilst they had slightly more possession in the first 20 minutes, it was an even game. When they realised that we weren’t interested in having a game with them, they asserted their control and basically toyed with us for the remainder of the game. I’m still perplexed how we managed to get a point. Completely bossed in the middle of the park, woeful keeping performance and we had nothing up front. The central defence did very well and made more blocks and last ditch challenges that I can care to remember.

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Let’s be honest, the gulf in quality and fitness was there for all to see.

Cant knock our effort, but I thought they were a level above in every department. I think they will be better than most sides so it’s not a dig at us. More a compliment to them and what their manager has done.

Happy with a point 

Not disputing what you say but it’s easier when the ref allows you to do what you want want. We got kicked to sh!t and got F all. The yellow Penney got was laughable. Ayling slid into him more than anything, let out an orgasmic screen and the ref couldn’t get it out fast enough ( I mean the yellow card :ph34r:) As good as Real Madrid were, did they beat us tonight? No and for all the possession they had their keeper had to make more difficult saves than Dawson. So we might’ve rode our look a bit tonight but we’ll be fine but Yorkshire’s finest will shoot their load before long but you won’t be able to tell if they’re wearing their home kit :rolleyes:

I think the result was more by luck than judgement, possibly because we put so much effort into the first half hour or so we couldn’t keep it up for the rest of the game and they slowly took total control even after we scored. Our goal was great but if their finishing had been anything like half-decent we could have lost by 3 or 4.

This wasn’t a tactical backs to the wall game where our well-drilled and dogged defending gained us a point, this was a game where Leeds breached our defences and got in good positions time and again but usually their own incompetence and shocking decision making prevented them from scoring. There are some positives and the point is certainly one gained, but let’s not kid ourselves we played that that well, it was mainly down to the other lot who gifted us it. I take the point with pleasure though and now let’s move on to the Baggies. UTO

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I welcome all opinions and like to read em but opinions like this make me angrymad

lol

I've been one of Jos' critics, but was pleased with the attitude and shape. I thought we tried to win the game, but ultimately  got pushed back by a well organised side. Like us they were susceptible when playing out from the back, which we could have exploited, but overall a fair result. 

Come May the last 2 home results will be 2 good points.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Shame we couldn’t get the winner but what a mature and professional performance that was

Well done Jos and well done lads

Sat on kop, after they scored I thought we'd lose so I was happy with a point.

I have to disagree that it was a good performance.   I can't put my finger on it - it's not individual efforts but something isn't quite right.   Especially second half.

Maybe Leeds are just good - obviously they are given their position but we were very lucky not to concede a hatful in the first half.

A plus for me is we got a draw and Jos has a lot of footage to show back to his players to tell them what they are doing wrong.

Guest The Horse

I think most people knew at half time how Leeds would start the second half.

Heard others saying the same thing at the bar 'they'll come out flying at us'.

We could see how it was going to start so why not affect the change to counteract?

Jaoa's pace was needed to make them think twice about playing so high against us.

Fletcher was winning jack poo so we had no outlet when we went long.

Instead, the inevitable played out at the start of the second half which gave Leeds the initiative and we surrendered the psychological advantage.

Even when it was obvious in that first ten minutes of the second half that it was just a matter of time until they scored, we changed nothing.

Were we really hoping to ride that out for 45 mins?

TL:DR; I do think Jos is the guy for us long term now but A) he really hates early subs and B) should've been pro-active at half time to sabotage the way Leeds would start... which even the drunk non-expert fans saw coming.

I could be magnanimous and say that Leeds were good but Reach's goal deserved to be the winner.

Agitated.

Edited by The Horse

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Agreed, I thought we were terrible tonight. Very fortunate to not have lost, if not for Reach's worldy strike.

We didn't press enough to win the ball back, and when we did we had no options and continually lost it time and time again. The formation just didn't work at all but why didn't Jos change it? 

Nuhiu should've come on earlier too, at least he got the ball to stick a bit more up front as Fletcher was totally ineffective vs them. Jos needs to be more assertive making tactical changes when things aren't working. We are so lucky to have gotten a point tonight, had we lost then fans would be slating the performance much more.

Did you actually watch the game. We changed formations more than once. Started 3-5-2 then Nestor moved into defensive midfield. Then 4-4-2with thorniley l/b and Penney wide left. That's just the few changes that immediately spring to mind. As for Nuhiu he was truly woeful, the replacement should have been Joao for fletcher.

7 hours ago, damianb1 said:

Did you actually watch the game. We changed formations more than once. Started 3-5-2 then Nestor moved into defensive midfield. Then 4-4-2with thorniley l/b and Penney wide left. That's just the few changes that immediately spring to mind. As for Nuhiu he was truly woeful, the replacement should have been Joao for fletcher.

Thought nuhiu did ok and joao for FF should have been made earlier