Penney contract

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

We'll be part of the problem, if we start raising ego's and pressuring DC.

I'm just going to sit back and let it be. 

Interesting, I always thought Macca was a reds fan. Nice to know you're one of us! lol

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Belgian 2nd division awaits this young man !!!

Hope not - I don't want him to be a Penney-traitor! (Except when he runs at defences!)

8 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

I’d like to see him tied down for at least 3-4 years. He’s really nailing down the left back position in our starting 11 and we should be able to offer him good wages, so hopefully we will see it happen soon.

Just my two Penneys worth.

I hope your right but he'll be on the radar of the big boys already ……..I believe his agents are doyen and if they can get him away for just a tribunal fee they'll make themselves and penney a very tidy sum . …….you have to ask are we in a position to offer him a contract that could get somewhere near what he could earn at a prem club without falling foul of powers that be in charge of FFP...…….whoever thought he was worth only a one year deal could have cost the club a lot of money . ….like I say lets hope your right and i'm way of beam but I was him or his agent i'd be holding fire til the end of the season and see whats on offer then . 

The thing is, yes, he might be able to go to a Prem club and make more money, but then what? He might end up in their reserves for the next few years. He might end up out in loan somewhere, but he’s been out on loan before, and didn’t see much game time at all. 

Hopefully hes he’s one of these players that wants to be playing first team football week in, week out. If he stays here he will be, for the club he’s grown up supporting. The current manager is singing his praises and he’s got a real chance to hone his craft and flourish under him. 

This could become more of a problem should he get on the England Radar, next Under 21 Game at Chesterfield, playing regularly, earning rave reviews and a work from Onomah could see him in the squad.

Which would then make getting him on a new contract even more difficult. If we can manage it it has to be a long one 4-5 years.