Penney contract

16 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

My gut feel is that he’s more likely to stay but the longer the situation goes on he will have options.

At least we are playing him in the first team so if the worst was to happen we would get compensation 

Players always have options - what bothers me is the influences that can be brought to bear. If Penney wants to stay with Wednesday (and assuming he is content with any contract on offer) then he will. If his agent starts being stroppy - Penney can and should tell the b*gger where to stick his %age, and immediately get a new agent. Hirst was influenced by father and I don't think Clare wanted to stay.

Penny should be awarded a contract which falls in line with the wages we pay our less experienced senior pros. I’ve no idea what players like fox are on and Palmer are in reflection and I know they have more experience but I would bench mark their salaries against penny’s in a way of starting negotiating 

penny for me has now moved from a pro contract status to first team player and therefore even if his contract runs to the suggested 2020 some have mentioned it needs to be improved. 

It shows reward and recognition not only to the player but the rest of the squad especially the youths

19 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

Players always have options - what bothers me is the influences that can be brought to bear. If Penney wants to stay with Wednesday (and assuming he is content with any contract on offer) then he will. If his agent starts being stroppy - Penney can and should tell the b*gger where to stick his %age, and immediately get a new agent. Hirst was influenced by father and I don't think Clare wanted to stay.

True. Although many players obey an agent as he makes things happen.

The longer he waits, the better his contract will be. 

Right now he'll get an offer from us based on being a young lad breaking through from the U23s. Probably the highest paid of his age group, but still within that bracket. 

In six months time, if he's still first choice, his contract offer will be much more inline with the senior pros, especially if he's keeping some of them out of the team. 

There's absolutely no incentive for him to sign a new deal until after Christmas. 

6 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

I’d like to see him tied down for at least 3-4 years. He’s really nailing down the left back position in our starting 11 and we should be able to offer him good wages, so hopefully we will see it happen soon.

Just my two Penneys worth.

You're obviously into bondage, do you do rubber too?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Oh really?..you know his inner thoughts then

Wait til someone comes knockin' in January mate

Love it!!! Questioning whether someone can pre-guess a situation, and then goes on to pre-guess the situation in January!!